DM_Steel Affliction BfA

Hey DM, been using your updated macro for questing with great success. In dungeons (normal & heroic) I’ve some “problems” because the mobs die way to fast and so my dps is not the best at all. Here running as Destro is way better for me. Do you have similar experiences? What version do you use for dungeones/isle exploration?

I’m only ilvl 301 so I haven’t run Heroics yet, but in normals I tend to be near the top. I usually use Tab 3.

Open with a Seed of Corruption, then put agony on everything, then settle into the macro and just tab to keep Agony refreshed. Spam Seeds if there are more than 4+ targets.

It also depends on your Azurite perks. I have Agony starting at 4 stacks, so that gets me a lot of damage quicker. I’ll rework Tab 1 once I get my ilvl to 320 or so.

hi there new to this and I want to thank you first and foremost…

I would like to know how i can get it to cast shadowfury at mouse location without stopping the rotation… also how to stop auto target.

I don’t understand what you mean by keypress and key release and alt mod and pausing etc

edit

also any other ability that isn’t added that i need to look into. I apologize for my lack of knowledge

whats AHK set for your macro? (or anyone using AHK that is)

Please divide the macros into multiple targets and single)

I was trying to figure out how to edit lines in your macros to remove items like the Orc racial as well as this: “KeyRelease: Blood Fury, Summon Darkglare” because I am not an orc and I normally use the Darkglare manually, but can’t figure out how to find this to edit it out.

Is there a simple step-by-step tutorial showing how to edit these types of macros? If I’ve missed where something like this might be noted, I am sorry, but I am really new at this.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Oh other questions: How do I differentiate between tabs to use? Do I separate them into different macro to save to another name or …???

Having the tabs showing the three different setups is nice, but how do I select which one I want on my bar ??? What am I missing in the instructions?

Its confusing to have all three on one macro button. I would rather have them in separate macros completely.

I love this macro, tyvm!

OP Updated after testing in Heroics with ilvl 311

Hey DM, thanks for the update.
But both new macros keeps spamming/updating Agony on the targets, only sometimes other spells are used. Tried with and without AHK. Do you have or had similar problems?

Could this part “reset=target/3” be a problem? Read at discord about it…

It will reset that line to Agony if you don’t hit the macro for 3 seconds or if you select a new target.

[quote quote=64846]Hey DM, thanks for the update. But both new macros keeps spamming/updating Agony on the targets, only sometimes other spells are used. Tried with and without AHK. Do you have or had similar problems?
Could this part “reset=target/3” be a problem? Read at discord about it…[/quote]

Make sure you don’t have any Legion trinkets equipped. GSE gets confused when trying to use a trinket that has a ‘Use’ ability that is disabled by WOW. If you do have a Legion trinket equipped, you need to edit the macro, and on the right hand side, uncheck the trinkets.

Got it, my macros seemed to be messed up. Clearin up (deleting them) and reimporting fixed the problem.

Any idea why the second macro locks up before it even starts? I have a theory it’s AHK being set too low. I’ll try it a little higher and come back if it works, otherwise I can’t figure out why it’s locking up…

UPDATE: Nope, that wasn’t it. It’s odd because it works when combat is over, but not DURING combat. What’s that all about, did I miss something?

UPDATE2: So it turns out it just stops working after the summon. Sometimes it’ll cast the summon and then haunt, but that’s it.

What talents used em macro 1 and macro burst?

thx

[quote quote=65066]What talents used em macro 1 and macro burst?
thx[/quote]

Should say in GSE when you’re looking at it. 3212121

Thx

Macros Updated in the OP to Version 1.4 and 1.2

tldr: I swapped to Grimoire of Sacrifice instead of Haunt. Grimoire does significantly more damage when in a group and I don’t need a tank. I just use my Voidwalker while soloing and don’t worry about swapping back to Haunt, losing the damage boost of Haunt isn’t noticeable while soloing.

If you really want to use Haunt, just add the following after Phantom Singularity:

/cast Haunt

Question… been trying this out and all say i should go aff when lvling… but i do more dmg as Destro!? and i cant get the Aoe as Aff working proper any advice? thanks

AoE for Affliction is just throwing up Seed of Corruption, then keeping Agony refreshed. Spamming Seed doesn’t really do much compared to just focusing one target down at a time.

If you do more damage as Destro, play Destro. It all really depends on your stat weights. My Affliction is so strong because I’m at almost 60% Mastery. Affliction is very Mastery dependent.

So basicly keep agony 10 stacks on ea mob and 1 seed? or dunno really get the class. but wanna learn it :stuck_out_tongue: haha