Dumb question - Gaming mouse programing

Hello,
I really like this site! I had a dumb question, that I tried to search and came up with nothing. Are people just spamming these macros with there hand, repeatedly hitting the maacro button? I have a Steele series mouse that is supposed to support macros, my assumption is I hold down the mouse button and it spams the hotkey/keybind my wow macro is tied to? I can’t figure out how to program it though. Is there a universal script that is run in the other gaming keyboard/mice to get these macros to run?

NO question is a dumb question!!!

If you dont have a gaming mouse or keyboard you can use other programs such as AUTOHOTKEY … its what I use :slight_smile: You can get it from CNET downloads. I will post the scripts i use as well … the first will be for your mouse LEFT BUTTON so you can just click away, and the second will be for your keyboard keys and even number pad if you like :slight_smile:

Ins::Suspend
lbutton:: **** replace lbutton to rbutton for right mouse ****
Loop
{
SetmouseDelay 45
click
If (GetKeyState(“lbutton”,“P”)=0)
Break
}
return

and this is the script you would use for your numberpad keys :slight_smile:
I will include one for ZERO/INS and another for ONE/END so you can see the differences and how to map other keys and what needs to be rewritten :slight_smile:

~Numpad0::
Loop
{
Sleep 25
Send, {Numpad0}
if !GetKeyState(“Numpad0?,”P”)
break
}
Return

~Numpad1::
Loop
{
Sleep 25
Send, {Numpad1}
if !GetKeyState(“Numpad1?,”P”)
break
}
Return

and finally this is for your reg keyboard buttons A B C etc 1 2 3 blah blah blah

F8::
While GetKeyState(“F8”, “P”){
Click
Sleep 50 , milliseconds
}
return

Change F8 to A B C etc or 1 2 3 any of your desired key’s

I’ll throw in the obligatory warning on this one… while macros are perfectly legal, things like loops and timed delays are a violation of Blizzard’s terms of service, so don’t be too surprised if it leads to an account lock eventually.

Been using Autohotkey now for 5 yrs strong… never ran into any issue … its not botting in anyway cus the user must be pressing the key at all times and if it is released the player goes idle… further more all that these scripts do is mirror the software used by many gaming keyboards and mice that have said features built in and that are used by many who have them… IS it a bannable offence to have said equipment NO? in fact blizzard has its name on several of these products… I would like to see them come up with a reason for banning you using these scripts when they market and sell products that do the same thing :slight_smile: All these do is turn you keyboard keys and mouse clicks into a RAPID FIRE function…

also would like to add that blizzard from time to time will award individuals said devices ( keyboards/mice ) as prizes in their contests… take the 20th anniversary video contest… razer products were given away in the prize pools :slight_smile: all with the ability to use the rapid fire functions :slight_smile:

If you do get the ban hammer FIGHT IT ! :slight_smile:

But yes everything is possible… its a simple case of information asymmetry.