Dungeon Prot Dragonflight Beta (Burst Build)

Hey there!

So I checked out Prot Warrior today, to see where it stands currently. Short answer: Prot is amazing! High survivability and massive damage numbers. But keep in mind, this is beta, so it’s gonna get nerfed a good bit. I think even after some nerfs, it will still be very “meta”.

So I came up with a talent build for very high burst damage and high rage generation.

The macro:

dyKJeaWksr1Sif(fImmsLJHulJKEgGMgkPRbbTnGuFJQsnouIZbHSoiW9OQWaHkLdQsler9qiPjcqxKuAJqu(iPinssr5KKOvceVeOMjvfDtuk7Kk)eizOKQokujlfQ6PuMQIUkvLSva4RKIyTqLQ3cr6UquTxXFPQQblXHbTyOIhRktgHUmXMHq9ziXOrWPHYRrPA2i52KWUvXVvy4uLJdrSCv1Zr10v66qQTtvLXdGCEuSEauZxs7xQdDMXrhtpEqn9hqK5pzTZBCQzgZNq(6lpIWvigtvNQkToDiKgrSYccvJXg89h8mJJoZyaa(XG4qj8mJbwyWlucKlzghDmspiF7YKa6dr53fuPGEXPgJ0dY3UOfGKh6vYgdSWO)lCEMXrhJ0dYxUGe0Y5jDPlFHlRpEdf4a3U0fJaMqrSlgfuHgDbVCiQrxMeqFik)UGkf0tJUCgNXzCgN4uJr6b5lxqcA58KUGufdIiGtadXlY7sx6Yx4Y6J3qboWTlDbqrX4dPWaySdkDXimqVA0LRFWf(1OlgbmHIyxqLa8JIehWyKEq(2fKQyqebV9tH8UOeLZ4lDrpe7ehRXi9G8TlivXGicGulY7IratOi2fYuJh7zZg7(wSXHNzC0zghDSU2vWcJ(VW5DTRXPgJ0dY3UqdAGQ6OJdySU2vWcdEHsGCPRDn2KXtIDFl24Kno1mJJoZ4OJ11Ucwy0)foVRDno1yKEq(2fqdKvGXbmwx7kyHbVqjqU01UgBY4jXUVfBCYgNAMXrhJ0dY3UaKfwbsZsSjJNe7(wSXjBCaZmo6yDTRGfg9FHZ7AxJtngPhKVDb0i03QXbmwx7kyHbVqjqU01UgBY4jXUVfBCYghRzghDSU2vWcJ(VW5DTRXPgJ0dY3UOcerQQXbmwx7kyHbVqjqU01UgBY4jXUVfBCYgdV4jWno1ytgpjMphdVy2kEid95TyJtm8IFYNl6)yJp2YKnBmLhCqJrTaa(XG4qj8mZMnBmZtEkbmo6yAIaz)I(d5zMngBYcbeUWmJnHuYz5XiZU2RsA)yyhYUPzSHlChaEibSMZclaeUq5EvEV379EVGWq(IlgYO6H3mizYkbXtjbLKV37vliGacie0cIz2hLRwWMVUXUOxcJFm2gO8HkGFCd84dpdEmn10ca5ZXgN4asRdrXydEqdPuEw57NCwSXjKJ5GkKy6XdQP)aIm)jRDEJP9G4X)jOou4bxioyuyltihZ8KNsaJZ3aJnbfQXrRtNoDQXauqmen1ghD2Szta

The talents:

Talents

Mods
Shift (hold) = Burst!!! (Demo Shout, Avatar, Shield Charge)
Ctrl = Ignore Pain
Alt = Shield Block

Additional Notes:
When you charge into combat, let the macro run until it used Shield Slam, Rend, Thunderclap. This is to spread Rend to the enemies*. After that, go into holding Shift, to do a lot of burst damage.

*Rend spreading sometimes works, sometimes it doesn’t… beta I guess.

For now, I will leave it like that. No special formatting in this post.

Let me know what you think.

Lucifer

1 Like

Update #1:
Today Tier-Sets became available for testing. And the warrior one is really damn good. Increases your damage by 4%, yeah whatever, but more importantly gives you Ignore Pain for 10% of your damage.

This means you don’t even have to press it, to get high uptime. On 4x target dummie I got it to 95% uptime. Can’t really say how high it will be when you actually take damage in m+, but I think it’s possible to remove ignore pain from the macro and put something else on the modifier.

Tank Dummie (~4 min, ilvl 377)
Healing

Damage

Buff/Debuffs (only pressing shield block a bit, no ignore pain presses)

so your link for talents is not letting my import into the talent tree can you post a ss of your talents please

Will do, when I find some time later.
The talent string changes every time, they do some updates to talents etc. :roll_eyes:

Update:
Added a link to the wowhead talent calculator, as the export/import string for talents seems to change every other day.

With the rend spreading bug fixed, this is gonna go even better! Thanks for the macro!

I was messing around with the talents after the latest update. Might want to look into shockwave and sonic boom. With avatar im critting for 30k. But i like what you did here with the talents.

1 Like

I looked into it. And while I think that Shockwave is really useful in higher keys, the bleed effect from Thunderous Roar and especially Thunderous Words, which increases your bleed damage by a flat 15%, is better.
The build revolves around your bleed effects, giving you a chance to generate 5 rage per tick. So having one more bleed seems like a good thing.

And then there’s Endurance Training, which, in my opinion, is an absolutely useless talent :smiley: .

Have to wait and see what nerfs are to come with prepatch.

2 Likes

I will be making a separate thread when a few days after prepatch hits live servers. With proper formatting and description. But for now I will wait and see what nerfs and changes are to come.

2 Likes