DW Frost DK 5.4

#showtooltip Frost Presence
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=1/target Plague Strike,Plague Strike,Plague Leech
/startattack

I am 503 ilvl and do around 100k DPS single mob (not target dummy) target give or take. Make sure you are hit capped and capped with expertise or you could have problems with plague leech do to missing plague strike which is why I added it two times to help make sure that it does at least get the dots on the target. You will have to hit a different button for plague strike when the runes build up but make sure they are not special runes or you will be losing DPS. You will also want to use soul reaper on another button so you don’t waste any frost runes on a move that gives you next to no DPS on targets over 35% health.

You will want your CDs on another macro that you can hit when you need them so you will always have them when you don’t have to use them.

#showtooltip Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Blood Fury
/use 13
/use 14

Note macro is being ran at 50ms. Also gear plays a big part in these types of macros for DKs due to the rune system. If the macro doesn’t work for you add or take away from the macro to fit your gear and/or play style.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I will get back to you when I can.

Multi, I was playing around with something very similar to this when i read something that changed my view on macro’ing for the DK… why plague leech when the very next thing you are going to do is spend the earned runes on reapplying the diseases? the solution was to glyph for outbreak and add it after the PL

/castsequence reset=1/target Plague Strike,Plague Strike,Plague Leech,Outbreak

[quote quote=10711]Multi, I was playing around with something very similar to this when i read something that changed my view on macro’ing for the DK… why plague leech when the very next thing you are going to do is spend the earned runes on reapplying the diseases? the solution was to glyph for outbreak and add it after the PL

/castsequence reset=1/target Plague Strike,Plague Strike,Plague Leech,Outbreak
[/quote]

Really there is no need what so ever for outbreak. What are you going to use unholy runes for? Obliterate? You will get more DPS out of the frost/unholy rune doing a howling blast/plague strike and on top of that the DoT’s will ALWAYS be up. Plague leech is there for a free howling blast that leads to a free frost strike and so on. If my math is wrong please feel free to let me know and perhaps together we can find that one perfect macro. :slight_smile:

I been Trying this one but I’m always Starved for Runic power. This is Frost 2 hander macro I been Trying.They all seem to be firing properly.

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Plague Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=5/target Obliterate
/cast Blood Fury
/cast Pillar of Frost
/startattack

[quote quote=10832]I been Trying this one but I’m always Starved for Runic power. This is Frost 2 hander macro I been Trying.They all seem to be firing properly.

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Howling Blast<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Plague Strike<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Frost Strike<br>
/castsequence reset=5/target Obliterate<br>
/cast Blood Fury<br>
/cast Pillar of Frost<br>
/startattack
[/quote] Duh… I was in Blood Presence. LMAO it works fine.

Can you updeat the DW one i am a 559 frost dk

Don’t forget to try the same macros with both 2H and DW. Sometimes the results will really surprise you. They surprised the heck out of me. While using a 2H I ended up getting better dps from a DW macro than anything I could find in the 2H forums. Who would of thunk it?

This is what I am using as my talents are a little bit different. I am really new to this type of macro though and I am having an issue with my character occasionally looking like it is stuttering in place. this allows me to press the ctrl key or any mod to cast empowered rune weapon. I am at 489 item lvl and pulled about 90k in a 5 man with this.

/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,0,raise dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Blood Fury
/castsequence reset=0.5/target 0,Plague Strike,Blood tap
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast [mod]Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Batz in reply to your question about the character “stuttering in place” do you use a keyboard to continually cast the macro? If so the stuttering is probably coming from your character having something targeted and trying to cast but is out of range. At least that is what caused mine to do that particular dance. If you’re not using that type of keyboard then I have no idea.

it is because of blood tap, its making your character do a little dance, i’ve just tested it, it only happens now and then when there isn’t any blood tap charges to use

[quote quote=13475]This is what I am using as my talents are a little bit different. I am really new to this type of macro though and I am having an issue with my character occasionally looking like it is stuttering in place. this allows me to press the ctrl key or any mod to cast empowered rune weapon. I am at 489 item lvl and pulled about 90k in a 5 man with this.

/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,0,raise dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Blood Fury
/castsequence reset=0.5/target 0,Plague Strike,Blood tap
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast [mod]Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

I’ll check it out tonight. imho Runic Empowerment works better than blood tap, but, I’ll test it out with and w/o bloodtap and try to remember to report back any major differences :smiley:

can’t edit the above, but, did some quick testing seeing as my wife passed her state certification for nursing so we’re celebrating in a bit. The DK i used only has a 483 ivl. My main DK has a higher ilvl but is spcd Blood/UH. Being that it’s only ilvl 483 and dw numbers would probably be better. With your Macro above the way it was with Blood Tap I maxed out at 80k dps and avgd around 75. With Runic Empowerment I maxed out at 95k dps and avd around around 83k and dipped to 75 a couple times. With the following Macro I’ve been using (credit goes to author of it) I spike around 105k avgd around 95k and dipped to 86k.

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=target Howling Blast,Plague Strike,null
/castsequence [combat] reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,0,Unholy Blight
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,0,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,0,Soul Reaper
/castsequence reset=0.6 0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=5/target Howling Blast,Plague Strike
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost
/cast [combat] Empower Rune Weapon
/startattack

I’m pretty sure others will come along and do further testing and would offer better results/feedback

p.s. this was on targetdummy testing so results would probably be better in actual gameplay

Thanks Ray for work and congrats to the wife.

Thank you for the advice and feedback it is greatly appreciated.

I have went to runic empowerment and changed things about a bit too.

/use 13
/use 14
/use 10
/cast pillar of frost
/cast blood fury
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,0,raise dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Frost Strike
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,plague strike
/cast [mod:shift] empower rune weapon
/cast [mod:ctrl] soul reaper
/startattack

However the empower and soul reaper are not working as intended although they seemed to be yesterday. I had a good day in LFR and the timeless isle and I am now at 522 gearscore. I hit a peak of 119 and I am typically staying between 100k-105k (from behind the target dummy). I am manually hitting empower rune weapon and unholy blight for groups.

For timeless isle mobs where the ground where aoe effects and other stuff that pretty much insta kills you I have been using this macro to stay at range. Not great dps but I am usually alive at the end of mobs like cinderfall and Houlon with it where before I wasn’t.

#showtooltip Death Coil
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,0,raise dead
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence reset=0.5 0,Death Coil
/use 13
/use 14
/use 10
/cast Blood Fury
/startattack

few more tweaks got soul reaper working with an alt mod but cannot get empower rune weapon working on shift or control any help would be appreciated.

/use 13
/use 14
/use 10
/cast pillar of frost
/cast blood fury
/castsequence [mod:alt] reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,0,soul reaper
/castsequence [nomod] reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,0,raise dead
/castsequence [nomod] reset=0.7 0,0,0,0,Horn of Winter
/castsequence [nomod] reset=0.7 0,0,0,Howling Blast
/castsequence [nomod] reset=0.7 0,0,Frost Strike