Elemental Lazy Macro – 4.3

I did this a couple of months ago for family and friends that decided to try elemental, but eventually they liked more enhancement and stick with it, with one of my macros of course (link). Basically goes through a rotation and in between few chain lightnings and pop some cooldowns. Lazy macro for you!
If you need to aoe just hold a modifier and hit the macro.

/castsequence [mod]Chain Lightning;reset=9 Call of the Elements,null
/castsequence Lightning Bolt
/castsequence reset=9 Flame Shock,Unleash Elements,Lava Burst,Earth Shock,Lava Burst
/cast Elemental Mastery
/use 13
/use 14

Macro Explanation:

UPDATED June 6, 2011: Revised and reworded the code to make it spammable without locking up and compliance with the new Fire Nova spell.
UPDATED January 27, 2012: Replaced Fire Nova with Chain Lightning for the modifier, Chain Lightning is the primary AoE.

I replace the AoE spell Fire Nova with Chain Lightning since is the primary spell for AoE now unless the mobs are stationary then we can use Earthquake.

I will include this small update in the addon-plugin as soon as I can and also other new macros I posted in the forums a couple of days ago.

Hello,

First of all, full props on what you’ve done with these macros, anyways I tried this macro, worked fine no problems but now it doesn’t seem to want to do anything other than lightning bolt after putting down totems, popping trinket and Elemental Mastery, any suggestions? Thanks. :slight_smile:

OK scrap that, I found out that after adding ! infront of the spells, macro now works.

Couple issues with this (yes I know its a lazy macro, just throwing it out there) :slight_smile:

1. It very nicely puts down totems again every 1 minute (to keep up your fire totem). Problem - Will cut your Fire Elemental upime in half (because its puts down totems again after 1 minute)

2. If you have Flame Shock glyphed… it will refresh the Flame Shock debuff way early, with 10+ seconds left on it. Problem - Could be used to get as many as 2 Earth Shocks in, depending on whats giong on. Over a 5-6 minute fight this will show a huge drop in DPS, as its very possible your Flame Shock (DoT) will do more damage than Fulmination. This should never be the case.

They way I have had to work around it is, handle the totems and shocks myself, and basically use this as a lighting bolt spam/lava burst … as it does handle that well. :slight_smile:

One more thing as you fine tune this lazy macro, if you wish to keep in the shocks… in case of target switching, a lot of times it will fire off a LvB before applying Flame Shock. This, generally speaking, will add up to a DPS decrease as well.

Happy hunting :slight_smile:

Can you show where the ! was placed, I still can’t get it to work.

I don’t see the reason of adding the ! would fix it, sounds more like the weapon buff wasn’t active at the time.

I will eventually make a long version of the macro so it fixes the clipping on spells, but for now trying to make sure the website is in order and verify that all the macros for all the classes are working in order. Hopefully can start on that soon :slight_smile:

[quote quote=2967]

frankieparker wrote:
OK scrap that, I found out that after adding ! infront of the spells, macro now works.
Can you show where the ! was placed, I still can’t get it to work. [/quote]

I just tested the macro and it works just fine on my end. Just make sure you have the weapon buff activated (Flametongue Weapon), otherwise the macro will lock up and will try to keep casting Unleash Elements, making it look like is just casting Lightning Bolt.

Let me know if this fixes your problem.