Elfyau's (GSE 3) 9.2.7 Marksman Hunter Macro **Updated 20-Sep-22**

Hey Elfyau, just wanna thank you for always trying your best to provide macros for users like me. I really appreciate your work.

1 Like

@boytheking thank you so much!! :smiley:

1 Like

Is there anywhere to get the modded macro you are refering to i cant find it @Jim_B

You’re not gonna find it because the author of that macro quit WoW and deleted everything unless someone reposts the original but most likely it’ll have to be reworked it’s it’s current form.

@Deezyl_Fizzlepop can you recommend a macro that you think works best for night fae, I dont raid mostly a few mythic + and doing dalies my item lvl is 215

The only macro I can recommend is the one that gives you the best DPS by trying all that are available and recording your results.

Or if you do that and want to spend a bit of time getting better DPS then look at my Guide.

Sorry, I no longer have it. Scary Larry had modified it and that is the one I was using. Unfortunately, he took all of his toys and quit. I am not sure if the site moderator can put up a copy of the latest macros SLG had created.

This is awesome! BM is lacking big time since BFA so I’ve had to mvoe over to MM (now i have legendaries for it) and this is awesome!
I have one question, because im a GSE nub, how would I change volley to cast on target and not on cursor?

Volley does not have an @target mechanism. It is an AoE ground effect type of ability that requires you to place the targeted area with the cursor. Alternatively, I think you can drop it on @self like the Death Knight’s Death and Decay ability. But that would require you to fight in melee range to be useful.

hmm i guess, its no big deal, I just have it on a seperate macro and do it that way :slight_smile:
I need to get a misdirection macro now though to aim at my tank XD

If I am not mistaken, Elf’s macro should first check to see if you have a focus target, normally your tank, if so, then it will fire MD at your focus target.

To set a focus target, select your tank, type /focus.

Elf’s macro will then cast MD on the tank (your focus target). At least that is how every one of his other macros have worked in the past.

2 Likes

Actually you don’t really need to type anything. Just right click Tank and you can set them as a Focus through the drop menu.

1 Like

Yeah because I suck at WoW and have only ever played it with GSE macros I did some research and then looked at Elf’s macro and it does indeed have that aim at focus setup.

Dunno if it’s just me though sometimes it just doesn’t work, even with the tank set as focus :man_shrugging:t3:

I will check the macro - if it is something I forgot to add in I will fix it :slight_smile:

Why is last Talent in your build not number 3 ? Thats what icy veins uses but you dont, its a dps loss without it

1 Like

Replying to this again:
Not if it sims better for that particular character.

Icy Veins is an awesome site and Azortharion knows his stuff but he also recommends simming your character which should include Talents.

2 Likes

I haven’t played Marksman in a while…So very confused about the blocks with Revive Pet…is there some reason for that, or is it a spacer?

it’s only there for open-world content, when in a dung etc you will be Lonewolf

Honestly, if you get to a high enough iLevel Lonewolf becomes kinda redundant because mobs melt so fast.

1 Like

Understood. I used to change to BM when farming. I did get to the point when MM was effective out in the world, that I only had issues with large elites. But I now understand your thinking

1 Like