Elfyau's (GSE 3) 9.2.7 Demonology Warlock Macro **Updated 12-Sep-22**

Any update for the new gse ?

coming soon - watch this space :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

<3 awesome hopefully works for level 40>60

1 Like

what command do I put to use demonbolt only when [Demonic Core] is active?
Has as?

You cannot do this using GSE.

Is there no such command?
or you don’t know how to do it and that’s why you answered?

That’s not how macros and GSE work.

there no way in GSE coding to set up a spell for a specific time. you have to do that manually. so when Demonic Core is active, you have to press the Demonbolt spell your self.

I thought it worked because of this other macro of mine:
/console autounshift 0
/cast Word of Glory
/console autounshift 1
that I use on my protection paladin and my feral druid only changing the skill name!
and detail in both cases it is only used when it is in evidence, that is, when it opens a pop-up on the screen it exits automatically.
as the magic in question also warns via pop-up on the screen I thought I had some command!!!
but it was worth it!
hugs

This isn’t working on your Paladin as the autounshift function only stops you from changing forms when trying to cast the specified spell. As a general rule unless I am missing something Paladins do not change forms

1 Like

I’m sorry to inform you but in the bad paladin it works very well, I know that the paladin doesn’t change shape; but it’s working very well

It works because it does not follow the same rules as demon bolt. Word of glory is always instant cast when you have the holy power to cast it.
Demon bolt will cast even if demonic core does not proc, it just cast slow. And if it does proc demonic core it becomes instant, but the warlock does not change forms, as a feral druid does. So adding those lines locking the warlock in current form does absolutely nothing.
You are seeing a false positive result on your paladin. You see the paladin casting the spell using those lines. But your paladin would cast those spells without those lines if the holy power was available. Using those command lines will not help a paladin cast the spell at all .
It works for feral druids, if they want to be able to cast regrowth when it is available by locking them in cat form so they can’t cast it unless it is an instant and being able to be cast in cat form. That is all that that command does.
There is no command to cast demon bolt when it is instant, best anyone can do is try to stop cast, which trust me is a pain and impossible to get to work correctly. I personally spent way too many hours trying to get it to work, and partially was the best I could do.

Sorry Elfyau, hate jumping in another’s post, but something in me just had to do it.

2 Likes

@Izzi no need to apologize sometimes I cannot explain things well so I appreciate the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, just saw them saying it worked on paladin when casting word of glory. I was like of course it does. You have the holy power to cast it.

If they said it worked when using flash of light when it became instant using selfless healer talent, I would try to use the line myself to see if it worked. lol. But the best we can do there is cast sequence and timing the use of flash of light. And even that can be flakey.

1 Like

I understand your explanation, but I already put word off glory on the paladin without the macro in question and it comes out broken, it leaves instead of the shield, and with the macro it only comes out when the pop-up is active.
So as I said it works super well with my paladin.
as well as my feral druid.
I know that in manual mode the warlock magic works super well.
but I thought it existed.
but since you are the real experts on this subject (I just copy the macros and use them) and you are sure that such a command does not exist, I thank you for your attention and I will come back when I have another question that I cannot solve!!
hugs to all

@Izzi but in the case I never tried with flash of light, I’ll try if it works I’ll let you know ok

So you are talking about a protection paladin build?

So using those lines in your macro, the paladin will continue to cast shield of the righteous, and then only pop word of glory when it is available as a free cast?

If that is the case that is interesting. It should not do anything. Maybe it is just a timing thing. your spender, shield of the righteous, is burning the holy power before the macro completes the cycle of those lines. there for skipping word of glory unless it is auto-cast.

I would be interested in seeing the macro so I could test it.

The line commands is telling your paladin stay in current form (locking the ability to switch forms), cast spell, then unlocking ability to switch forms. It should do nothing for a paladin.

If it happens to be a timing thing, then this command will not work for flash of light nor demonbolt, since the ability to cast them, if mana is available, is still present.

As for why it works for your prot paladin, it should not, by the coding you presented, since paladins do not switch in and out of forms as druid does. All I can come up with is as I said, using those commands is giving enough delay that your primary spender is burning up your holy power before word of glory is able to cast unless instant.

1 Like

Oh and I am no expert, trust me, lol, @Elfyau maybe an expert, I just do what I can to help from time to time.

@Izzi lol I am no expert, I’m just a Jack-of-all-trades. With probably to much time on my hands lol

1 Like

I am a different kind of jack if you ask my wife. J/K

2 Likes