Elfyau's (GSE 3) 9.2.7 Outlaw Rogue Macro **Updated 14-Sep-22**

Any clue why its sticking or Hanging up?

not off the top of my head I don’t, sorry. About where is it sticking? how often?

The macro has been updated and is available in the original post and via Curseforge. Let me know what you think. Cheers! :pirate_flag:

Hey Elf,

The opening of the sequence seems working fine,. but after about a minute, look like it is locking up and not performance anymore. Any idea?

Best regard,
Gaupanda

1 Like

how do you mean locks up? does it do anything? get stuck? or just doesn’t sustain the DPS?

It is not perform any skills following the sequence. I wonder if the bug with Dice and Slice.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking the same had a similar issues start of BFA thanks for letting me know I will look into it :smiley: cheers

1 Like

Yeah slice and dice been an on going issue, for me as well, when writing rogue macros.
The way they set up slice and dice, if you are not using enough combo points when triggered to be longer then the time you have left on slice and dice you will get a message that you have a more powerful spell active. this throws a wrench into the gears of the macro.
Best that I could come up with is to make outlets, or command paths that allow use of different spells to be used when slice and dice is not available. Of course it does not help that cast sequences are flakey also for a few expansions now.

I have no good suggestions on a good way to fix it, thought I would share my experiences with you.

I think if bliz would have changed the spell usage, allowing slice and dice add time to the buff if it was already on you, even if it was partial time, rogue macros would not have as many issues.

Best of luck.

1 Like

previously is slice and dice built up too much time it ‘locked’ the macro so to speak, so I will start there and try and adjust the timing

2 Likes

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you. I use all your macros on every alt. Also, thanks for updating them on Curseforge. It’s so easy to keep up with the current revisions to all your macros. You sir, are the best.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

Can anyone help please I have an ilvl 267 but only hitting 6-7k should i hitting higher? i am using greenskin and unity as legends
what am i doing wrong? people in groups are telling me i should be hitting higher dps :stuck_out_tongue:
TIA

doing nothing wrong you just have to tailor the macro to your toons gear, I didn’t have any of those when I made it so it changes the whole timing and possibly playstyle depending on item abilities. this is why there will never be a one size fits all macro - all the creators can do is try their best to some up with a decent base macro for you guys to tweak to your playstyle, game and gear

1 Like

@Elfyau is exactly right.

Using a macro made by someone else gives you about 50-60% DPS output until you take the time and tailor it to your character.

1 Like

Ah thank you both for your advice I guess it’s time for me to try to do that although not to sure how yet best get reading up more.

Thank you for you time guys

Tommy

I totally agreed. :slight_smile:

The macro has been updated and is available in the original post and via Curseforge. Let me know what you think, Cheers! :pirate_flag:

sorry for the newb question. I found GSE3-Elfyau_Rogue on curseforge, and I’m not certain how to load it. There are three files. Do I dump them all into the GSE folder? Or into either the GUI or LDB folders? Thanks

their considered addons like all the stuff on Curseforge. so into the interface if you doing it manually.

Those files can stay in their folders inside of your Addon folder. Assuming you already have the GSE3 addon as well, when you enter the game and load GSE, click on options → plugins → and then load the GSE3-Elfyau_Rogue addon and it will load the Rogue classes.

1 Like

Elfy,
Brother, love the macro. Is there a way to add a “IF” box that looks for combo points? Somehow a weak aura knows my Combo points, so I figured that has to be a way?