Enh 7.0.3 Raiding

[quote quote=34674]This may sound stupid, but is there anyway to add an audible warning whenever you toggle on and off the script ? It happened to me a lot of times during last night’s raid where i couldnt realize if the script was on or off and this had an effect on my overall dps.
[/quote]

That I really don’t know. If there is, I don’t know how to implement that. One thing you could do is just add [combat] in every line.

"/cast [combat] Stormstrike",
"/cast [combat] Boulderfist",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [combat] Doom Winds

That way, “ideally”, it would not want to cast anything until you are in combat. Worth a try.

[quote quote=34659]So I have a couple different addons that help me with my rotation, and as I was testing this on the rotation dummy, what I found is that Frostbrand was staying down for way too long.
So what I did was just added Frostbrand to the 2nd Stormstrike key we are already using. Created a macro:
/cast Stormstrike /cast Frostbrand
Now, it’s keeping Frostbrand up really really well, and while I know SimCraft isn’t the end result, I sim about 230k DPS, and I’m pulling 200-205k DPS, with Lava Lash being used.
Really really happy with this, and even more excited that I can get away from potential suspension causing bots, and just use this instead.
[/quote]

I tried this as well. Sticking with the 2 button mashing I used these 2 macros:

PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

But after some testing, my numbers didn’t come back with much better results. Still something worth doing if you are noticing the Flame/Frost buffs falling off.

I am 100% sticking with the Stormstrike as a button by itself. Your dps is totally dependent on your Stormstrike procs and hitting them as much as possible.

Have you tried it with just having Frostbrand and Stormstrike in your 2nd button? Your 2nd button already is Stormstrike, just turn it into a non-GS macro:

#showtooltip Stormstrike
/cast Stormstrike
/cast Frostbrand

That’s all I did, so it would basically throw in some Frostbrand casts more often. I left your original GS macro the same as it is on first page with Lava Lash.

Thanks for this.

Easy to setup and start, even for a completely new user.

Getting 250k dps on target dummy in our order hall. 865 ilvl, without the use of wolfs, pots, flask or anything.

So I’m still constantly playing with these on a daily basis. As much as I love using Ancestral Swiftness, the amount of top dps on Warcraftlogs.com that use Hailstorm can’t be ignored. I still stick with the fact that Ancestral is the best choice for running dungeons, but for single target bosses, Hailstorm is better for the long fights. So I’ve come up with these 2 macros to use (still sticking with the 2 button mode):

Sequences['Rock1'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Rocktris",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
PreMacro = [[
]],
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

and

Sequences['Rock2'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Rocktris",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
PreMacro = [[
]],
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand,Lava Lash",
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

I toyed around with adding StaticPriority to the macro but ran into 1 good thing but 1 really bad thing. With StaticPriority it would hit Stormstrike as often as it was up no matter what, which is good. Stormstrike is your best skill and the more you hit it when you proc, the better your dps. HOWEVER, doing this would only allow a very small % to cast Stormstrike after hitting Crash Lightning which procs Stormbringer (which cuts 50% the cost of maelstrom to cast Stormstrike and trigger no cooldown). So in short, you want to hit Crash Lightning alot just as you want to hit Stormstrike alot.

Give these 2 a go and let me know your results.

Hey Spitz,

Dumb question but how do these two macros work together? Use Rock1 until Stormstrike procs and then switch to Rock2?

[quote quote=34913]Hey Spitz,
Dumb question but how do these two macros work together? Use Rock1 until Stormstrike procs and then switch to Rock2?
[/quote]

Nope, gotta go back to my original post. Set up a script to mash 2 buttons on repeat. I use AutoHotKey in which I added my script to use in the first post.

While adding in more Stormstrike will not solve the problem listed above of it firing off, have you though about slowing the macro down even more to allow it to fire off more often?

I did a little playing on my Shaman late last night swapping from Elemental and find that Stormstrike is firing off more often and accounts for 2nd place in damage. 2nd place being in my own personal damage. Boulder seems to top it

It used to be and probably still is that Blizzard viewed automated key-presses that press more than one key per manual press (so in this case having one button press 3 then 2) as a ban-able offense. Things like GS get around this because one press externally press one macro in game. Doing what you suggest may not end up being a problem but I wouldn’t take the chance.

[quote quote=34945]While adding in more Stormstrike will not solve the problem listed above of it firing off, have you though about slowing the macro down even more to allow it to fire off more often?
I did a little playing on my Shaman late last night swapping from Elemental and find that Stormstrike is firing off more often and accounts for 2nd place in damage. 2nd place being in my own personal damage. Boulder seems to top it
[/quote]

Boulder should never do more damage than Stormstrike at the end of any amount of time beyond about 20 seconds. What I am wrestling with at the moment is whether or not to add StepFunction = GSStaticPriority, before PreMacro. I’m already convinced, in a raid, 1 macro will not be able to keep up with all that is needed in order to push your toon as far as its potential. As far as an Enh shaman is concerned, it’s not easy to maintain 100% uptime Flametongue, Frostbrand & Boulderfist buffs AND hit Stormstrike as much as humanly possible (with 1 macro). If I could write bot script it would be a ton easier.

And yes I’ve tried many different script timings. The results rarely change since the Enh priority is pretty straight forward. If you need Maelstrom…Boulderfist. If Stormstrike is up…HIT IT. Keep the 3 buffs up at all times possible. Everything on cooldown? Hit Crash Lightning. Too much maelstrom? Lava Lash…repeat.

[quote quote=34950]It used to be and probably still is that Blizzard viewed automated key-presses that press more than one key per manual press (so in this case having one button press 3 then 2) as a ban-able offense. Things like GS get around this because one press externally press one macro in game. Doing what you suggest may not end up being a problem but I wouldn’t take the chance.
[/quote]
You’re not pushing 2 buttons with 1 key press. All AHK is doing is spamming 2 different buttons which correlate to 1 button in game. Please understand how things work before yelling and screaming nonsense.

As for the 2 button method, I was able to do 200-205k DPS with just Stormstrike on a 2nd button. However, trying Spitz’s macros above, where it’s 2 different GS macro buttons, my DPS dropped down to 175k.

Not sure why?

You’re not pushing 2 buttons with 1 key press. All AHK is doing is spamming 2 different buttons which correlate to 1 button in game. Please understand how things work before yelling and screaming nonsense.

As for the 2 button method, I was able to do 200-205k DPS with just Stormstrike on a 2nd button. However, trying Spitz’s macros above, where it’s 2 different GS macro buttons, my DPS dropped down to 175k.

Not sure why?

You are the one that needs to understand. He is clearly saying to have two discrete macros linked to number 2 and number 3 on the action bar with them both being pressed by one press of the hotkey.

toggle = 0 #MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2 #ifWinActive World of Warcraft { $F2:: Toggle := !Toggle While Toggle{ Send {3} sleep 150 Send {2} sleep 150 } return }

I have nothing against macros and use them myself all the time, including GS-E. My only concern was telling people that having autohotkey or similar programs send more than one “keypress” per activation was and still is a banable offense.

Blizzard has always said one keypress = one action is ok. But having one keypress trigger more than one action is not. Since this is pressing two action bar buttons per press it could run afoul of that long standing rule. Whether they do or don’t ban people who can say, but personally I would keep it all in one macro and keep ahk, synapse, etc running with just one keypress linked.

I am more in agreement with XJE on this one that to be safe it’s better to have 1 button 1 action only.

Another question before i post my thoughts with Enh Shaman is why use 150ms at all?

[quote quote=35009]I am more in agreement with XJE on this one that to be safe it’s better to have 1 button 1 action only.
Another question before i post my thoughts with Enh Shaman is why use 150ms at all?
[/quote]
I think that’s because it’s a short macro, unlike your’s that is much longer. If you don’t have it pushing it often enough, then it’s not going to catch those Stormstrike procs, right?

Yes and no…

My reason for the question is based on GCD. All skills including the Stormstrike procs are on a Global Cooldown of 1.5 seconds, or 1500ms.

By spamming it so fast and also the reason your dps might be higher is your rotation going out of sync, however, every ability you use will still delay the next ability by 1.5 seconds so it still doesn’t make too much sense to keep at such a low speed.

Example might be you cast:

Boulderfist (wait 1.5s)
Frostbrand (wait 1.5s)
Flametongue (wait 1.5s)
Crash Lightning (wait 1.5s)
Lava Lash (wait 1.5s)
Stormstike (wait 1.5s)
(Stormstrike procs again through Stormfury RNG and you want to use it)
Boulderfist (wait, what? Already spammed 10 lines and missed Stormstrike but now have to wait another 1.5 seconds)
Lava Lash (Nooooo)
Lava Lash (Just do Stormstrike already)
Crash Lightning (sigh)
Lava Lash (Really??)
Flametongue (never mind procs gone)
Stormstrike (FML)

You will never be able to account for RNG procs like this so might be easier to look out for the proc and manually click it while spamming.

These are just my own thoughts though :wink:

[quote quote=35020]Yes and no…
My reason for the question is based on GCD. All skills including the Stormstrike procs are on a Global Cooldown of 1.5 seconds, or 1500ms.
By spamming it so fast and also the reason your dps might be higher is your rotation going out of sync, however, every ability you use will still delay the next ability by 1.5 seconds so it still doesn’t make too much sense to keep at such a low speed.
Example might be you cast:
Boulderfist (wait 1.5s) Frostbrand (wait 1.5s) Flametongue (wait 1.5s) Crash Lightning (wait 1.5s) Lava Lash (wait 1.5s) Stormstike (wait 1.5s) (Stormstrike procs again through Stormfury RNG and you want to use it) Boulderfist (wait, what? Already spammed 10 lines and missed Stormstrike but now have to wait another 1.5 seconds) Lava Lash (Nooooo) Lava Lash (Just do Stormstrike already) Crash Lightning (sigh) Lava Lash (Really??) Flametongue (never mind procs gone) Stormstrike (FML)
You will never be able to account for RNG procs like this so might be easier to look out for the proc and manually click it while spamming.
These are just my own thoughts though ???
[/quote]

That’s a very good point Cymiryc, I always wondered what would be the perfect setup of the delay. Currently using 0.065 with my razer synapse, I think it should be 0.65 with AHK…shall I increase it to 0.090 or even 0.100 ?

Even at 1.000 (1 second) delay you will start skipping lines due to GCD,just not as many lines being skipped.

I would say maybe 1450 accounting for spell queue.

If you use the Debug feature for GS:E you will see that a lot of spells are skipped as Can Cast - Spell on GCD.

For synapse, you’d be looking to go much lower than what you asked… maybe bringing it to 1.5 or going to 0.9 but this will skip a lot too.

[quote quote=35027]Even at 1.000 (1 second) delay you will start skipping lines due to GCD,just not as many lines being skipped.
If you use the Debug feature for GS:E you will see that a lot of spells are skipped as Can Cast – Spell on GCD.
For synapse, you’d be looking to go much lower than what you asked… maybe bringing it to 1.5 or going to 0.9 but this will skip a lot too.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, I will try 1.5 and will report back after extensive tests

cheers

Id love to know your results infinityz. Ive been wondering about delay a fair bit because I’m missing so many SS procs (I have it set to the .65 delay) and I have SS on a separate manual key tried everything from macroing in a /stopcast to smashing the key when it pops. I will try Cym’s suggestion and change it to the GCD etc in the mean time.

Cheers

[quote quote=35027]Even at 1.000 (1 second) delay you will start skipping lines due to GCD,just not as many lines being skipped.
If you use the Debug feature for GS:E you will see that a lot of spells are skipped as Can Cast – Spell on GCD.
[/quote]
So im not sure why u had it set up on synapse but i had it at .50 so i have switched it to 1.5 in hopes it will perform better, i have stormstrike on my #2 which i only use when it lights up and spam it, is that the best way to do that you think and when it procs should i take my thumb of the macro thats spamming and just press 2 till it goes off or should i maintain the constant macro and just hit the number 2 at the same time so the marco doesnt lose order

I actually set it for 1.5 and its if so slow cant be right or are u talking about .150