Enh 7.0.3 Raiding

So i did some testing and found that even if the lines are being skipped its far better DPS than setting it to the global cd time of 1.5seconds. I have it set to .130 and while it “misses lines” it cycles that fast that it picks up all of you SS procs (not immediantly) but before they drop/expire.

[quote quote=35027]Even at 1.000 (1 second) delay you will start skipping lines due to GCD,just not as many lines being skipped.
I would say maybe 1450 accounting for spell queue.
If you use the Debug feature for GS:E you will see that a lot of spells are skipped as Can Cast – Spell on GCD.
For synapse, you’d be looking to go much lower than what you asked… maybe bringing it to 1.5 or going to 0.9 but this will skip a lot too.
[/quote]

I feel you are looking at this situation as you would if you were playing a range class. That isn’t the case when playing a melee. I have never ran one test where I had better damage/dps setting the delay to 1000ms or higher. Yes it will skip past some things but StaticPriority does help alot with this. I keep mine at 200ms and I have parsed 85-95% (for my ilvl) on 3 of the 5 heroic bosses my raid has downed. No other dps in our raid is that high for more than 2 bosses.

[quote quote=36020]

Even at 1.000 (1 second) delay you will start skipping lines due to GCD,just not as many lines being skipped. I would say maybe 1450 accounting for spell queue. If you use the Debug feature for GS:E you will see that a lot of spells are skipped as Can Cast – Spell on GCD. For synapse, you’d be looking to go much lower than what you asked… maybe bringing it to 1.5 or going to 0.9 but this will skip a lot too.

I feel you are looking at this situation as you would if you were playing a range class. That isn’t the case when playing a melee. I have never ran one test where I had better damage/dps setting the delay to 1000ms or higher. Yes it will skip past some things but StaticPriority does help alot with this. I keep mine at 200ms and I have parsed 85-95% (for my ilvl) on 3 of the 5 heroic bosses my raid has downed. No other dps in our raid is that high for more than 2 bosses. [/quote] So what would that be when setting up on a razor synapse when i set mine up it is 1 0.075 1 0.075

what would u set it at

That is too fast. The game may crash on you.

I’m often starving on maelstrom and I’m trying to run the macro without Lava Lash.
I’m worried on other hands to loose too much dps. Anyone with the same issue and a better solution :slight_smile:

Rotation is only one part of the equation here, Im running without lava lash and im rarely maelstrom starved and usually top dps on most fights in our guild. What traits do you have? Have you unlocked them all? Are you excessively using Lava lash to pad the meters because your worried?

[quote quote=36489]Rotation is only one part of the equation here, Im running without lava lash and im rarely maelstrom starved and usually top dps on most fights in our guild. What traits do you have? Have you unlocked them all? Are you excessively using Lava lash to pad the meters because your worried?
[/quote]

Easier to answer your question by sharing here my toon :slight_smile:

Replacing Lava Lash with one extra Crash Lightning don’t cause me to be maelstrom starved and I’m able to fire off all my Stormstike procs. But, using 1x CL and 1x LL defo eats all my maelstroms, with the result on missing a lot of SS procs.

My DPS seems stronger and consistent without LL, but again, I may be doing something wrong

You can take out Lava Lash as you wish. I put it in there and use it because when I look at 90% of Enh shamans performing the best on Warcraftlogs, they all typically cast Flametongue, Frostbrand and Lava Lash the same amount of times. Just as this macro does for me.

Here is the top damage done on Heroic Ursoc in the US for an Enh Shaman and he casted Frost/Flame 11 times and Lava 10 times…(I doubt he did, but he very well could have used this macro to hit these numbers)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1kJM9DTcqHymwjfF#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=29

[quote quote=36561]You can take out Lava Lash as you wish. I put it in there and use it because when I look at 90% of Enh shamans performing the best on Warcraftlogs, they all typically cast Flametongue, Frostbrand and Lava Lash the same amount of times. Just as this macro does for me.
Here is the top damage done on Heroic Ursoc in the US for an Enh Shaman and he casted Frost/Flame 11 times and Lava 10 times…(I doubt he did, but he very well could have used this macro to hit these numbers)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1kJM9DTcqHymwjfF#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=29
[/quote]

Thanks Spitz, much appreciated as usual :wink:
By “This Macro”, are we talking about this one?

Sequences['SpSingle'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/castsequence Boulderfist, Crash Lightning",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand",
"/cast Stormstrike",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
"/cast Lava Lash",
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

Or there’s something new which I’ve missed out?

as my main are a enhance shaman i also wonder what macro ur using Spitz… i can also see the value of lava lash when u open the golden trait

[quote quote=36635]as my main are a enhance shaman i also wonder what macro ur using Spitz… i can also see the value of lava lash when u open the golden trait
[/quote]

I recently bought a Razor mouse to utilize Synapse and have it set to mash 2 buttons .150 seconds apart (as mentioned in my OP). It is set to mash the macro and Stormstrike. Since I am using 2 buttons I slimmed down the macro that I use. I use this now:

Sequences['Rocktris'] = {
specID = 263,
author = "Spitz",
helpTxt = "ST - 3213112 ",
StepFunction = GSStaticPriority,
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast !Stormstrike",
"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand,Lava Lash",
"/cast Boulderfist",
"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning",
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Doom Winds
]],
}

@Spitz, my new favorite one! ^^ this one above ^^

[quote quote=36649]

as my main are a enhance shaman i also wonder what macro ur using Spitz… i can also see the value of lava lash when u open the golden trait

I recently bought a Razor mouse to utilize Synapse and have it set to mash 2 buttons .150 seconds apart (as mentioned in my OP). It is set to mash the macro and Stormstrike. Since I am using 2 buttons I slimmed down the macro that I use. I use this now:
<table class="crayon-table"><tbody><tr class="crayon-row"><td class="crayon-nums " data-settings="show">
</td><td class="crayon-code">
<span class="crayon-v">Sequences</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-s">'Rocktris'</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">{</span>
<span class="crayon-v">specID</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-cn">263</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">author</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"Spitz"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">helpTxt</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-s">"ST - 3213112 "</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">StepFunction</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-v">GSStaticPriority</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PreMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">targetenemy</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">noharm</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">dead</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast !Stormstrike"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/castsequence [combat] reset=/target Flametongue,Frostbrand,Lava Lash"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast Boulderfist"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-s">"/cast [combat] Crash Lightning"</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-v">PostMacro</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-o">=</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span>
<span class="crayon-o">/</span><span class="crayon-i">cast</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-sy">[</span><span class="crayon-v">combat</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-h"> </span><span class="crayon-e">Doom </span><span class="crayon-i">Winds</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">]</span><span class="crayon-sy">,</span>
<span class="crayon-sy">}</span>
</td></tr></tbody></table>
[/quote] How did you macro two buttons in synapse? Can you screenshot the synapse settings for me please.

EDIT. Nevermind Was way easier than I made it to be.

[quote quote=36704]How did you macro two buttons in synapse? Can you screenshot the synapse settings for me please.
EDIT. Nevermind Was way easier than I made it to be.
[/quote]

Well, I’m still figuring out how to do, please share with us how did you achieve it :slight_smile:

If you’re using synapse and you already have a key dedicated for your macro you just duplicate the process and have it spamming another key (2 for this example). 2 will hold StormStike only while 1 will have your main macro.

2 will be set up to continuously spam once pressed until it’s pressed again to stop.

[quote quote=36713]If you’re using synapse and you already have a key dedicated for your macro you just duplicate the process and have it spamming another key (2 for this example). 2 will hold StormStike only while 1 will have your main macro.
2 will be set up to continuously spam once pressed until it’s pressed again to stop.
[/quote]

Ok, so basically is to have button 1 spam my macro and button 2 spam StormStrike, then I have to push both buttons, 1 and 2.
I was under the impression that button 1 was supposed to hit 2 buttons at once

You couldn’t do it like that… well technically you can but i feel that goes against the 1 key press 1 action.

In synapse you can press each button once and it would just loop until you pressed again.

If you “really” wanted to it would look something like:

(Down)1
(Up)1
(Down)2
(Up)2
Delay x.xxx

Or you could move things around and do:

(Down)1
(Down)2
(Up)1
(Up)2
Delay x.xxx

[quote quote=36718]You couldn’t do it like that… well technically you can but i feel that goes against the 1 key press 1 action.
In synapse you can press each button once and it would just loop until you pressed again.
If you “really” wanted to it would look something like:
(Down)1 (Up)1 (Down)2 (Up)2 Delay x.xxx
Or you could move things around and do:
(Down)1 (Down)2 (Up)1 (Up)2 Delay x.xxx
[/quote]

Thanks Cymiryc, I’m fine to press 2 buttons or even 3 :slight_smile: I was just wondering which configuration was behind the 2 buttons spam.

All clear, thanks again :wink:

[quote quote=34470]toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2
#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
{
$F2::
Toggle := !Toggle
While Toggle{
Send {3}
sleep 150
Send {2}
sleep 150
}
return
}[/quote]

Any way to get this to tap button 3 and 4 while i hold down button 2 instead of toggling f2… seems to hang when i use the f2 script

I don’t know how to configure AHK to mash buttons while you are holding a key down. For my script you could just change “F2” to button 2 and change “3” & “2” to 3 & 4. So when you hit 2, it will cycle 343434343434 until you hit 2 again to toggle it off.