Error when trying to open macro edit

Can someone help me with these errors I just started getting on 11/03/21 when try to open macro edit. Any help woul be greatly appreciated.

I did as well, you can fix it by commenting out lines 543 - 550 in LibQTip-1.0.lua found at \Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0. It will look like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Tooltip prototype
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function InitializeTooltip(tooltip, key)
	----------------------------------------------------------------------
	-- (Re)set frame settings
	----------------------------------------------------------------------
--	local backdrop = GameTooltip:GetBackdrop()

--	tooltip:SetBackdrop(backdrop)

--	if backdrop then
--		tooltip:SetBackdropColor(GameTooltip:GetBackdropColor())
--		tooltip:SetBackdropBorderColor(GameTooltip:GetBackdropBorderColor())
--	end

tooltip:SetScale(GameTooltip:GetScale())
	tooltip:SetAlpha(1)
	tooltip:SetFrameStrata("TOOLTIP")
	tooltip:SetClampedToScreen(false)
1 Like

@Drake thank you for helping me here. I’m having a problem opening the lua. When I click on it an error pops up stating Acrobat Reader could not open because the file is not supported or is damaged. I used notepad and deleted those lines you mentioned and it worked Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

use notepad++

Or you could just update GSE to the current version that has the patch changes for 9.1.5

1 Like

I’m up to date (3.0.52) and have disabled all other addons, and LibQTip-1.0 is still throwing an error. I wasn’t going to try and fix CreateToolTip(), I’m not that good of a Lua hack.

Here is the full stack.

Message: Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua:543: attempt to call method 'GetBackdrop' (a nil value)
Time: Thu Nov  4 09:33:34 2021
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua:543: attempt to call method 'GetBackdrop' (a nil value)
[string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua"]:543: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua:539>
[string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\LibQTip-1.0\LibQTip-1.0.lua"]:132: in function `Acquire'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\GUIFunctions.lua"]:189: in function `CreateToolTip'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\Viewer.lua"]:240: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE_GUI\Viewer.lua:239>
[string "=[C]"]: ?
[string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua"]:72: in function <Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua:70>
[string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\AceGUI-3.0.lua"]:306: in function `Fire'
[string "@Interface\AddOns\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua"]:26: in function <...s\GSE\Lib\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:25>

Locals: <none>

The new LibQTip packaged the wrong one - I’m watching the outcome of [BUG] LibQTip Error · Issue #1068 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub to see if that’s fixed it.

Working fine now for Thank you Timothy Luke