Explaining the leading 0 technique

Again, this is only “my” opinion:

A. If you have 4pT16 your sting will drop eventually, add a reset=5/target.
B. You give priority to Glaive Toss where Black Arrow is your n°1 concern.
C. No Fervor ?
D. Get rid of Kill Shot.
E. Rapid Fire is a spell, change /use to /cast although it should supposedly work like that.
F. Your arcane shot line is fine, but change it to reset=2
G. Get rid of startattack, it’s utterly pointless.

Make these changes and let me know please ?

/use and /cast are the same.

Lol I guess he wants us to test it for him tho, so he might rage post again.

In this case yes, otherwise, not quite.

But isn’t it exactly what i was telling him ?

[quote]Lol I guess he wants us to test it for him tho, so he might rage post again.
[/quote]

Looks to me you’re the only one here rage posting mate

Ya think? Ok. If I was posting in caps I might agree. FYI I gave his macro to a hunter guild mate. It wouldn’t work for him. Focus starved. Blowing arcane shot way to often was his verdict. He a skilled 560 has the 4 PC.

Hey he either wants the advise or he doesn’t. It sounds like he is unwilling to do the work himself to figure it out, but would rather rage against those giving advise. Childish in my opinion.

Oh i’m sorry, thought you were talking about me.

Now about the macro, well, i’m at 568 with 4pT16 myself, and have absolutely 0 focus issue by using Arcane Shot this way, that’s all i can tell really.

At least your friend confirmed that it doesn’t hang anywhere :slight_smile:

Again what did I ask for? When using that marcro did Explosive Shot work? Thats all Ive been asking for, not whether everything else works or if focus starved. Yet Brent wants to make himself look like a macro god instead he showed us what a effing retard he is and cant comprehend anything. I do my own testing with multiple macros. Just wanted to see if it was my program or if WoW changed a mechanic. Sorry Brent don’t cry and take it personal its ok if you’re a moron.

Good luck son, this forum is moderated.

Ill test it myself, i have a PvP hunter that runs bm, ill try it out for you.

I think we gave you the answer a few times. You are a unable to read and seem to be pissed off every time we respond. Little courtesy goes a long way.

Edit.

No as i thought it wont fire off line 4. As i thought it your chain cobra and arcane. If you would have been a adult and listened to me you would have know that already and would have tryed to fix it yourself. It took me 10 seconds to figure out the fix. I did not even have to try it out to figure out what was wrong with it and a possible fix. You want the fix, to bad kid.

You came here for advise, you just did not get what you wanted, someone to fix what you cannot, this stuff isnt rocket science, just a read through the other macros would give all you need to make it work. I will post a working survival tonight.

Since you are having issues i decided to give it a shot and make my own, took about 30 min but works good for me. I will post here then make it own thread. Im a nice guy like that.

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,Black Arrow
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,Kill Shot
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,Glaive Toss
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 cobra shot; explosive shot

Ok here is how i have it set up and how i use it. Remember i use a keypress macro with no delay, button mashers, your results may vary.
hold in the button, it will apply serpent sting ect, down thru the macro, it will fire explosive shot on cool down and with lock and load procs.

If you need focus or serpent sting is about to fall off just hold any mod button down (alt, shift, ctrl) while continuing with the macro, it will cast cobra shot. If you need to dump focus, everything is on cd and you are close to capping focus, i put arcane shot on a 3rd button i can spam once to twice.

I know it not a all in 1 its 3 buttons, if you really want to be decent it what you have to do.

And to answer you other questions, no nothing changed in any of the patches, not its not your extender and yes its the macro.

[quote quote=11146]Since you are having issues i decided to give it a shot and make my own, took about 30 min but works good for me. I will post here then make it own thread. Im a nice guy like that.

/castsequence reset=target Serpent Sting,null<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,2,Black Arrow<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,2,Kill Shot<br>
/castsequence reset=0.3 2,Glaive Toss<br>
/castsequence [mod]reset=0.3 cobra shot; explosive shot

Ok here is how i have it set up and how i use it. Remember i use a keypress macro with no delay, button mashers, your results may vary.<br>
hold in the button, it will apply serpent sting ect, down thru the macro, it will fire explosive shot on cool down and with lock and load procs.

If you need focus or serpent sting is about to fall off just hold any mod button down (alt, shift, ctrl) while continuing with the macro, it will cast cobra shot. If you need to dump focus, everything is on cd and you are close to capping focus, i put arcane shot on a 3rd button i can spam once to twice.

I know it not a all in 1 its 3 buttons, if you really want to be decent it what you have to do.
[/quote]

You can’t possibly be on top of your dps with this mate.
You’re weaving a Cobra Shot between each Explosive shot, that makes 0 sense.

Explosive Shot has a 6 seconds cooldown, Cobra Shot has a cast time that vary depending on your haste, and since your haste is variable(buffs, procs, more procs) you can’t know how many you’ll be able to shot between each, that’s not even taking into account other shots and Auto Shots which has its own variable cooldown.

It not what happens, the Cobra shot only goes off when you hold down a mod, otherwise it fires off Explosive Shot. Its a mod command with ; . I thought i explained how it works how it works above.

Well here is how that line works. Since its on a [mod] it will only fire Cobra Shot when you have a mod button held down at the same time your are mashing your macro. Because it has ; in that line with a another ability it will fire that ability off just like the Cobra Show was never there.

Here is a little test or something you can do to see how it works. Just copy that line into a new macro slot. Put it anywhere on your bar, it will display explosive shot, hit any mod button ( ctrl ,alt or shift ) and you see that the button turns into Cobra Shot.

Its just a mod command, it something most gamers use to go from a single target to a aoe abiltiy without having to add another button, they just hold down a mod and it toggles 2 abilities. That is the most common way [mod] is used outside of these forums.

I hope that explains how it works, it is not doing cobra shot unless you tell it too, which is ideal. As i said before i do not make all in 1 macros, they are usually garbage due to the fact that most rely on “chains” to reapply certain things like dots or whatever. What i mean by chains is then you have

/castsequence reset=10 x,x,x,x,x,x,x,x, (x=ability)

They are usually junk , since you have no real control. Its the same in shadow priest forum. use those macros and you are reapplying SWP and VT with ALOT of time left on them. Its ok if you are just goofing around, but i will only post if a macro can compete with a above average player doing it manually.

I mean no offense to anyone who uses them, or makes them, i just have a ocd i guess where i can make things smaller and cleaner, and with more control. It might add a button or two, but its still would be considered a lazy macro.

I also added it to its own post with a in depth explanation on how it works, you can check it there at the top of the hunter forums.

Yeah i didn’t notice the [mod], thing is, that kinda defeats the purpose of the macro, remove micro management and add it in again, just by a different method :slight_smile:

But if it works for you, sure.

[quote quote=11163]Yeah i didn’t notice the [mod], thing is, that kinda defeats the purpose of the macro, remove micro management and add it in again, just by a different method :)

But if it works for you, sure.
[/quote]

Yeah, there seems to be 2 camps of people here, one that prefers to put almost everything into a macro and only ever hit 1 button, and people like me who just put in bare bones but use 2 or more buttons for complete control. Its just a preference.

The macros still do the majority of the rotation. I am getting older and i was having more and more trouble keeping up a rotation for even a 6 min boss fight. Since i have been raiding since BC i am already using a variety of timers to track everything. Like i said i only have to hold my button down, I have to move my finger and hit another button every once in a while when i see serpent sting about to drop, or my focus bar is about to cap, is still a 1000% better than having to manually hit my rotation every global and keep it tight. I am still a raider so i am worried about my dps, so a all in 1 while is fine just is not competitive enough for me in a raid environment.

I would say my macros tend to be aimed at players like me who have raided a very long time but just can no longer keep up manually inputting the rotation for entire length of the fight. It does the meat of the rotation, but leaves out certain “maintenance” abilities that we are used to hitting anyway. I mean Garrosh is a good 12 min fight, Death Wing was 15min, that is alot to ask from us old timers.

Thanks for you input Dan, i know were both here to help people, we just take a different angle at macros, neither of us is wrong. I dont know why but i always feel like i have defend my macros or explain the idea behind them. I hope telling people a little of my background they will understand why i make them the way i do.