Feral 5.4 One-Button

Thanks for the replies, i’ll give it a go over the next couple of days and see how it goes =) only just realized i have 10% hit and 11% exp. 7.5% worth of stats that could be used somewhere else :stuck_out_tongue:

To add to that also…sounds like you mainly pvp? or maybe im wrong
In which case you do only need to have say 3% hit/expertise.
Was a big discussion on mr robot about hit/expertise,while ago now though.
some recommended being on the cap…or some say dosent matter if your under,and say miss a couple of times during a fight if you can put those extra points toward more dps…one of those chicken and egg things.

although this was posted in 2012.its being updated(supposedly on going for 5.4)
but looks like its not been updated for a while,now i had a proper lok at it…but theres not many feral druid guides.and you can have a peek at this one,and it may have some info to think about.
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/index.php?showtopic=129753

I like this macro but rake falls off, that is a huge dps loss. I pull 170k at ilvl 530 with the 5.3 macro after 3 mins and only 119k with this macro. I believe this is due to rake falling off because my burst dps is much higher with your macro. Fix the rake issue and this will be the best feral macro imo.

Hi Molkiloke :slight_smile:

I cant speak for Chris k 's macro,as myself i am not 90.
But to help him if he wishes to change the macro you need to really clarify which 5.3 macro you refer too,if you mean the closed 10 page 5.3 macro started by Micheal jackson…you might mean the very first macro or any of the following ones on the other pages…

And i think you have written macros before.have you not thought of replacing the castsequence of the good rake one with the castsequence of the 5.4 one button one?,just a thought.
Its late here or i would have had a go myself,or maybe chris k can sort it out if he comes back…
Meanwhile though might be something to have a go at and see if that works for you.

sigh i wasnt going to do this but you could try this basically,no idea if this work or not and i should really be in a bed but

#showtooltip
/castsequence [stealth]reset=combat Ravage,Savage Roar,Pounce,Faerie Fire,null
/castsequence reset=target Rake,null
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/castsequence [mod: alt]reset=0.5 0,1,Swipe
/castsequence [mod: alt][combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Rake,Faerie Fire
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Shred,Faerie Fire,Mangle
/cast !Ferocious Bite
/use [combat,nostealth]Tiger's Fury
/use [combat,nostealth]Berserk
/startattack [combat,nostealth]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Chris k’s macro with micheal jacksons castsequence.who knows :slight_smile:
I disclaim anything id this doesnt work. :stuck_out_tongue: not tested. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, it’s late here as well. Yes i was talking about Micheal’s macro from the closed 5.3 thread. No i did not replace the castsequences because rake is hard to macro. If you don’t write rake in just right the macro will lock up. I’m not sure why and if i remember right Michael said the same thing about rake.

Other than the main castsequence the two macros are basically the same.

If i remember correctly, hit/exp wasn’t important to cap, since you would be focusing mainly on shred which required you to be behind. But since mangle nor shines a bit more than shred, i’d recommend getting to hit/exp again.
After changing a bit in the macro, removing a mangle etc to put another rake in later, my dps seems a bit higher. Removed ferocious bite as well ofc, since that locked me up :slight_smile: But i might try my old macro again soon, since i just felt more stable on that one c:

Hi Molkiloke, could you post a link to your armory page please? Rake is consistant on mine and I wanted to check what your stats were; it constantly is refreshed when I use it. After I will look into it and tweak it in order to suit a broader area of druids. :slight_smile:

Kittiez it is important to cap if you spend more than 40% of the boss fight in front of the boss. If not you can hover it at around 3%. And I am still waiting for you to post your old macro that you say preforms better so I can tweak my own if needed. Removing Ferocious Bite is also a very bad idea, there is no way that it could possibly lock the macro unless you are missing the target and thereby losing a combo point. It would be a net DPS loss not to mention the rip refresh at 25% and under and the 25% crit chance boost against bleeding enemies. What target dummy are you using?

I will post my current one later today when I am forced to log on my druid for raid x_x And yes i am cappe, since I am a raider, so I am required by the guild (durh) to be constantly optimized ofc. Plus, who doesn’t optimize as soon as they hit 90 c: And it usually locks up after ferocious bite because there’s just no combo points left for savage roar or rip, etc - because ferocious bite casts right before one of them. Only sometimes though, since it’s extremely rare it’s even used.

You’d be surprised lol. As far as the feroicious bite lock up, I will look into it. It could be a haste difference, what is you haste at currently?

so im consistent at around 86k at item lvl 515 behind a training dummy is that normal dps with this macro im worried im doin somtehn wrong. this is how th macro below looks in my super duper macro add on. talents are 3,1,3,1,2,2

glyphs are: glyph of ferocious bite, glyph of savagery, and rebirth

#showtooltip
/castsequence [stealth]reset=combat Pounce,Savage Roar,Ravage,Faerie Fire,null
/castsequence reset=target Rake,null
/console autounshift 0
/castsequence [@player, combat] reset=0.5 0,0,Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1
/castsequence [mod: alt][combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Swipe,Faerie Fire,Mangle
/castsequence [combat,nostealth]reset=target Mangle,Rip,Rake,Thrash,Mangle,Mangle,Savage Roar,Mangle,Shred,Faerie Fire,Mangle
/cast !Ferocious Bite
/use [combat,nostealth]Tiger's Fury
/use [combat,nostealth]Berserk
/startattack [combat,nostealth]
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

changed pounce and ravage cause it seemed like pounce wasn’t getting casted because ravage would take me out of stealth.

pls let me know if there is somethen wrong with my set up.

also I noticed that with the macro with out me holding down the alt key that its casting swipe and thrash is this normal?

one last thing as well its casting savage roar all the time and only casting ferocious bite ocasionaly:( plsplspls help

wish I could edit my post but its not letting me…I wanted to add that I have the savage roar glyph

Talents are 3,1,3,1,2,2

Glyphs are: Savagery, Shred, Stampeding Roar (Savagery and Shred are absolutely required.)

Swipe should only cast when you hold alt down, Thrash is for Single and 3 targets so it should cast that regardless.

You need Glyph of Shred as I said in my last post that could be the cause of it not casting, and the macro is run at 0.020 ms.

ty for getting back to me when you say macro is run at .020 ms what do you mean? is there a reason swipe is getting cast when im just pressing the macro key and not the alt + macro key? I have a auto key program I use that hits the key and I have it set to 50ms.

should I take the above line out of the macro?

another problem im having is savage roar is getting casted when Its already up and still has bout 20 sec left into it is that normal? is ther a way to make it not cast unless its not up.

Hi :slight_smile:
Have to say i did notice the same with the swipe,when i tested the macro just pressing the macro no mod keys…like dave said swipe did seem to cast.
that said it is a good macro and other than noticing that( i tend myself to not use mod alts,etc,my fingers dont seem to enjoy it much)
its working fine.

Dave…
Chris may be able to help you here…but savage roar relies on combo points…

Lasts longer per combo point:

1 point : 18 seconds
2 points: 24 seconds
3 points: 30 seconds
4 points: 36 seconds
5 points: 42 seconds

so maybe a random factor…

but with the glyph of savagery it uses 0 combo points and last for 12 secs

yea I got that glyph but was worried casue its seems like a waste of points if it just recast savage roar when its still up.