FERAL DRUID PVE DPS (high performance)

Hey guys! :slight_smile:

I have been a long time user of GSE and i have raided mythic with as little as 1 single button for my rotation (back on my frost dk in WOD).

I have learned how to create these macros so they work VERY close to what a mythic raider can manually do. It´s important to understand that there is a difference in how one should macro the different classes. Some use simple ressource system, others use combo points and energy and some use more complex ressource systems for their rotation. This is important to understand when creating GSE macros that actually perform on a high level in all situations.

These macros are for Feral druid and i have created them with the feral druids ressource system in mind AND how the class works, in terms of passives.

The key with using GSE macros without it limiting your performance to a noticeable degree, is to sometimes create more than just 1 rotation macro for a class. A class like Feral druid that has around 4-6 rotation abilities needs to be macroed with more macros (otherwise it will devastate your performance, trust me).

I found that using 2 different macros for feral druid is most optimal, as it performs much more accurate, in each situation you wanna use them).

1 macro is for SINGLE TARGET GENERATORS (with combo point spenders on modifier keys)

1 macro is for AOE GENERATORS (with combo point spender on modifier key)

So a rotation that originally has around 4-6 buttons has been condensed down to just 2. AND THIS IS WITHOUT LOSING DPS MIND YOU. IT WILL ACTUALLY MAKE YOU PERFORM BETTER THAN SOMEBODY WHO TRIES TO PULL IT OFF MANUALLY IN 90% OF THE TIMES, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE FIGHTING RAID BOSSES WHERE DOING MECHANICS MATTERS.

Most players can perform well manually on a training dummy, but very few can keep that up in a hectic raid fight. If you can focus on the fight and not become an action bar staring bot, you will overall perform better (also in logs).

If you have any questions i will try to answer them. Copy the 3 macros into your feral druid and learn to use them in some dungeons or whatever and let me know how they do for you :slight_smile:

SINGLE TARGET MACRO:

deeMcaakvO6uOu1SaQFbKHPk5yGwMspdP6Ae12qs9nukJdLCovKwhuL3PI4EQqzGOu5GqvTqvPEOkOMiG6IQcBuLKpQsyKQqCsvk9svsntvuUPQODIWqrswQkvpv0ur0vvH0wvj6RQaEluCxO0EL(RkfdMKddzXO4XkAYiLllSzOYNrIgTQsNwHxRQy2e52aSBQ8BunCa54QOA5eEovnDkxxv12vb58iH1Rc0(j1fwYsaBMK3CXdIBo(vpUJ)zSVeBjBsIKcN5Bc3fcPVnX)3(YfnFl9hmIioyWoGfOWXfnViFCzi8dURel10z18jY9JKU1zH4qHZgCxF38jAk4xgc)G78LSeWswcytqtK38X5)HBgAfgaCAdCJqG30esy1k4l2o9eTcdaoTbUriWZ)DGZWQv7ktnRt0kmooaoTbUriWQvIWh2XGlOjhadYazibLHPvAfK1UG1k5DHG1k5DHG1k5DHG1k5DHG1k5DHG1k5DHLyBcAI8MwHzYbWGmSAL8czRjvCV9enf8swR5rceTY0KiMFktZ3HKvMM3hokHLPjPy4(egSmnVpCuULP51bfujcVVKLa2e0e5nTcJJJJlaG3IvRyJAwLyBcAI8MwHXX9wGKSVGD8jhadYWQvYluUe0BcAI8MwHXBbsY(IvRGS2TwZRdkUhsbYhLSwZ0cGU63nTb31mJZ)dNnqsnPseprtbVK1AskgUpHTLPwTMNH82rbIgYcAn3xl8fecHY0pLoRMah4q)swjGntGI5Taxc4l6npqG(G)Va5lzTMpC44IzCyoaGqgIzinmk67A1Ab

ST_GEN_(FERAL)

Talents: 1221132

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.6.38.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Rake, Prowl, Cat Form

Main Sequence: Rip, Tiger’s Fury, Shred, Ferocious Bite, Rake

AOE MACRO:

dmKLcaakLqDkrfMLk1VaYWqvogILb1Za10aX1ukTnI8nvY4aQZjQsRtjP3jQI7jQuduurhuPQfQu5HkHmrKIlsuTrLcFujLrIQkNuPOxQKQzQe5MQq7ej)uujdfqTuvWtvmvu6QIQQTQe1xvc6TOWDrr7v6VkbgmPomKfJkpwvMmr5YcBgP6ZiLgTkQtRQEnGmBr52G0Uj53egUkYXvsSCk9CrMovxhGTJQQopQkRxuv2pfxszlfPZ(CjFbRjNAXBi)W(LYrPWLTdlkluEQdbJjeyCN9a8ZcBNDzacoBe5lYjnwuOe2oRnYxoSPVqvkSem4ohrkaOSnvEy5FO8Vq1DDoIEwXYHn9fQuzlfPSLI0b0dL8uScGq9cJMbuHSp9FyxnD(t3zA0yWBHbtYJrZqjGkK9P)dltJ2gPWZnbd6jGYHCqoYsB4gTrtaJX3gnHNeyy8TrJjWxsqUnAmb(scYTrJjWxsqUnAmb(scYTrJjWxsqUnAmb(scsPWDa9qj3Oz8eq5qotJElMC1byrYpIEwrzR3HFbsw56qfpGkxNDrMxUoh(kAjLRdR9RakCs56SEW3HilqPOS17mECAdaQN)fQotScGq5FuwN1d(a2gPuzlfPdOhk5gndLGUWcDvmtJ(scCPWDa9qj3OzOejpqz(5BL4jGYHCMg9wmzBPG7a6HsUrZi5bkZpZ0OjGX46Do8v0IlxhGTXr0ZkkB9oS2VcOWXLRE9o0e0raY8sr6SWab0EawuQS17ixrxyFXIeqpHCe3p7781DDMtXBtAkfHhCNLqjp)NKH8qwhmpmHhHxE5bdlbrQE9w

AOE_GEN(FERAL)

Talents: 1221132

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.6.38.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Rake, Prowl, Cat Form

Main Sequence: Swipe, Thrash, Primal Wrath, Tiger’s Fury, Rake

We use Modifier keys for our finishers now, and these are as follows:

When you wanna Single target dps - use single target macro:
RIP IN SINGLE TARGET (HOLD CONTROL BUTTON DOWN WHILE PRESSING MACRO).
FEROCIOUS BITE IN SINGLE TARGET (HOLD SHIFT BUTTON DOWN WHILE PRESSING MACRO).

When you wanna aoe/cleave - use aoe macro:
PRIMAL WRATH AOE/CLEAVE (HOLD SHIFT BUTTON DOWN WHILE PRESSING MACRO).

5 Likes

I gave this a spin and it works pretty well. I’ll have to do a little more testing when I have more time but it looks quite promising. Thanks for your work!

1 Like

You show different talent spec between the ST and AOE generator. Should ST use the AOE/Finisher talents?

Any Consideration for this working pvp?

Also this wouldnt be a macro u AHK would it? (Auto Hot Key) and run in a loop

These macros make no sense to me, if you are using brutal slash in AOE mode you have obviously specced into it and would use this on single target as well as it deals more dmg than shred and uses less energy.
Also AOE brutal slash over and over is impossible because of the recharge time so you need to mix it up a bit with shred.

If I am wrong please explain, cheers.

Hey man… You dont spec brutal slash in aoe/cleave, because it is for single target to sustain blood talons talent in the last row. We use primal wrath as aoe/cleave talent.

Hey man! I have updated the macros now. The talent were showing wrong yeah but all we gotta know is this:

The talents i have shown now is the best all around.

If you wanna do a raid boss where its PURELY single target, you ideally wanna use Brutal Slash talent. This is not yet implemented in this macro though. But this setup here, is really great too and gives your cleave/aoe a huge boost, which is where feral lacks in general.

THE MACROS ARE UPDATED BTW TO ONLY CONTAIN 2 MACROS (and not 3 like before).

Hey guys i updated this post to the newest macros! Now it only contains 2 macros and not 3 like before.

We use Modifier keys for our finishers now, and these are as follows:

When you wanna Single target dps - use single target macro:
RIP IN SINGLE TARGET (HOLD CONTROL BUTTON DOWN WHILE PRESSING MACRO).
FEROCIOUS BITE IN SINGLE TARGET (HOLD SHIFT BUTTON DOWN WHILE PRESSING MACRO).

When you wanna aoe/cleave - use aoe macro:
PRIMAL WRATH AOE/CLEAVE (HOLD SHIFT BUTTON DOWN WHILE PRESSING MACRO).

i know this is kinda old, but i am trying to learn feral on my druid in a HP enviro. i main guard so using this was an easy pick up. i made some adjustments to your macro to optimize it better as it allows for both ST and AOE to be used with AOE on Crtl mod PW on Alt mod. ive added nonchanneling for Nightfae convoke as well as a use trinket before cast which can be used if the trinket has a 2min cd for syncing. i threw in reset sequence on target swap to prioritize Rake on first ability on new target, on Berserk i just allow the ST rotation to pan out with FBs and PW if AOE. but i am still learning optimal TF uses for snapshotting and how to proc BT on demand using this macro. my toon in feral gear is 224 and sims at 6kST and in raids i get about 4k for M+ i sim for 8.9k but im only able to hit 4.5k dun overall on a tyran week. i really want to share my changes with you to see what you think and what you can work with it but im not the best at using GSE and actually dont know how to share an edited sequence.
if you can help me with that bit i think we might have something explosive

can you post ur macro?

/castsequence [nochanneling, modifier:alt] Primal Wrath; [nochanneling, modifier:shift] Ferocious Bite; [nochanneling, nomodifier] reset=12/combat/target Rake, Shred, Shred, Shred, Shred; [modifier:ctrl] reset=12/combat/target Rake, Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe
/cast [combat, nochanneling] Tiger’s Fury

1 Like

with this you have to avoid the aoe rotation while channeling Convoke or use it to end it early

how do i setup the modifiers. when i push SHIFT OR CTRL it stops macro? also i bind it to my 1 on bar and then Shift1 is another action? anyone got a guide im very new to this

If your modifiers aren’t working its likely due to your keybindings. you can clear them easily in /gse > options > macro reset > clear keybindings

For some reason using this macro just keeps switching from cat for back to worgen, then back to cat form over and over.

This is one of the best macros, combo points are not left unused due to mods.

yeah im getting that to

Thank you, this is the combo point builder I’ve been trying to write, but so much better. Great job.

Would you mind posting your logs, please? I would like to review this macros performance in raids you’ve been in before I try using it myself.