For the longest time there have never really been any kind of rules for the forums in the way of what can and can’t be posted or names of macros.
However, it appears that in the last 1-2 months run up to BfA that a lot of people have been butt hurt over names of macros (obviously never played Sticks and Stones as a kid - you missed out) and content of posts which have led to people running to admins/mods to complain about the perceived injustice of the world and really, not everyone has time to deal with it. We’re a small team for literally thousands. Some people are more vocal than others while others just read and get on with their game, we’d like to do the same so there are now some simple to follow rules for posts and comments.
They are as follows:
1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated!
2. While the forum language is mainly English, we do respect that others may want to use their native language when posting. This is absolutely fine. We only ask that the posts are kept clean and free of any abuse.
3. Please do not spam in the forums. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
4. Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary. Subject headers are fine.
5. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum staff or any other user will be not tolerated. Your posts may be removed if not relevant to the topic at hand.
6. Please be considerate in the language you use on the forum, some of our members are younger than others. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily. Posting of sexual macro names, implicit or implied and the poster will be asked to edit the name to something that does not tow the line.
- If forum staff ask you to change it then there will be no argument against the decision. The forum post should be changed or it will be edited/removed.
7. No cheats/hacks, or any illegal activity, such as torrents and illegal downloads, this will not be tolerated.
8. Please do not post inappropriate material, I think everyone understands what I mean by this. The policy goes that if you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, don’t post it! There is a #nsfw_off_topic channel for this in Discord.
9. Running from 1 admin to another to try and get a better response is also not going to be tolerated. Causes nothing but hard feelings.
This is by no means exhaustive and can and will be subject to change