Frost 2hand help

Hey first off, im a noob so bare with me.
Here is the thing, im a clicker. Tried to unlearn that but the result hasent been that good. I just got back after quitting 7 years ago. I used to play as a healer (so easy to be a clicker as a healer) but now i leveled up a dk and im going frost 2h.

Anyways im using gnomesec. now and it works ok. Im doing about 21k on dummys with ilvl 640. But in longer fights (raids) it seems like too many things goes on cd and my dps drops too much for it to be ok (im pulling like 15k in raids) and i really need to up it a bit.

And a question - when people here says: im 123221 (just an exampel but i hope you know what i meen). What does that meen???

I use this one (i did not write it, i took it from a post here (many thanks to that person!)
Sequences[‘DKFrost’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead],
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
‘/castsequence reset=20 Plague Strike,Howling Blast,Plague leech’,
‘/cast [combat]pillar of frost’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
/cast Blood Fury
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
]],
}
I do must add is that im using this on my scroll wheel (as i said im a noob). Anyone with some pointers for me to up my dps, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Farbrorbob

the reset=20 portion of the cast sequence does not work, reset=anything will not work in GS.

A string of 6 digits, ie 112321 is usually a talent setup, top row, 1 being left, and working down.

Really it is just a matter of knowing what the best rotation to use is and building around that. Check out the sticky macros in Prot Paladin and Survival Hunter to get some examples to read and learn from for the macros.

The best way to learn to write macros is to read macros and try and understand what they are doing. It is all logic based, so you should be able to figure it out.

Try this one

Sequences['frost2h'] = { 
	PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [combat]pillar of frost
/startattack
	]],
	'/cast Obliterate',
	'/cast frost strike',
	'/cast Obliterate',
	'/cast Obliterate',
	'/cast Plague Leech',
	'/cast [combat] Blood Tap',
	'/cast outbreak',	
	'/cast howling blast',
PostMacro = [[
/cast crystal of insanity
/cast [combat]Blood Fury
]],
	}

You will keep the dps

my talents are 2-3-1-2-1-3-1

Hmm ive used Defile…but with your macro i see the point of necrotic. Ill try this out many thanks :slight_smile:

This is my 1 button frost 2h masher. Dont have to worry about diseases anymore because of Necrotic plague. I have plague leech in the post macro because it doesnt always fire properly with my 200ms key repeater. Enjoy :slight_smile:

Sequences["Frost"] = {
    PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nostance:1] Frost Presence
    ]],
	'/cast Obliterate', 
	'/cast Howling Blast',
	'/cast Frost Strike',
	'/cast Blood Tap',
PostMacro = [[
/cast [combat] Anti-Magic Shell
/cast [combat] Pillar of Frost