Frost dk bfa 8.3

Stumbled across this site while looking for marcos and it seems awesome! I noticed that a lot of people are not running the current best talents. Is there any reason? I typically get 80+% parses without using any macros just by watching “Hazzed” on youtube. He just posted a video explaining everything about frost dks dps a couple of days ago.

So does anyone have a macro that works for talents:
Single target boss: 3-1-2-2-3-3-3
Mythic+: 3-1-2-3-3-1-3

can you get 95+% parses by using GSE?

[quote quote=65200]Stumbled across this site while looking for marcos and it seems awesome! I noticed that a lot of people are not running the current best talents. Is there any reason? I typically get 80+% parses without using any macros just by watching “Hazzed” on youtube. He just posted a video explaining everything about frost dks dps a couple of days ago.
So does anyone have a macro that works for talents: Single target boss: 3-1-2-2-3-3-3 Mythic+: 3-1-2-3-3-1-3
can you get 95+% parses by using GSE?[/quote]

I haven’t used any of the DK macros yet as they are average at best but I had many 90+% with the hunter ones in Legion.

I expect once this macro is refined, things will be better.

Am i doing something wrong? It seems to activate Empower rune weapon twice (stacking), but the effect dosent stack, losing a lot of dps. Is that wrong?

[quote quote=65200]Stumbled across this site while looking for marcos and it seems awesome! I noticed that a lot of people are not running the current best talents. Is there any reason? I typically get 80+% parses without using any macros just by watching “Hazzed” on youtube. He just posted a video explaining everything about frost dks dps a couple of days ago. So does anyone have a macro that works for talents: Single target boss: 3-1-2-2-3-3-3 Mythic+: 3-1-2-3-3-1-3 can you get 95+% parses by using GSE?[/quote

I can’t speak for every authour on this site but for me, there is a method to my madness.
First, you need to understand I can only test on my own DK, that said Personally i am a Min-maxer and sim every item I get etc and talent combo. so sometimes my results with a particular talent selection outperform what the “internet says” realise too that I always use online sources as a starting point before I test myself.

there is also a time difference, by this I mean most of these were created in alpha to ensure the swich from legion was smooth for you guys, and i have not yet had time to come back and adjust every macro that has had a talent change since going live. that said 90% of the time the macro will still be fine and you can just use your own talent setups unless you chose something that add a new ability, even then i may not change unless the performance is significant ie don’t expect a change soon if its only a 0.5% increase.

Can you get 95% parses with GSE yes you can, and did so with all 3 DK specs in legion. As im progression raiding atm as a blood DK my focus is there mostly at this point which I can get a 95+ easy. biggest decider for that is gear, you can have this GSE thing running but if your gear is poorly itemised or wearing bad trinkets or Az traits, or PEBKAC issues like derping raid mechanics. will affect your % than GSE will.

[quote quote=65480]Am i doing something wrong? It seems to activate Empower rune weapon twice (stacking), but the effect dosent stack, losing a lot of dps. Is that wrong?[/quote]

sadly no idea, ive had someone show me a simmilar issue where thier assasination roguw would cheapshot 3 times in a row, atleast do the animation for it. I still could not reproduce the problem. in that case i replaced cheapshot with garrotte, not sure what to do here as i cant replicate the issue.

Slight update to the Macro now ive had a bit of time.
some talent adjustments based om my testing results. adds in Cold Heart on a shift modifier.

its still Oblit, ive worked on something for BoS build but not happy with results and the way it plays to post anything at this point.

dGZkcaGErOEPiQ3cuBtvHzksz2s0nrj)cvDBPyNs1EP2Tq7hYpfbnmu0Vjmuvvgmudxu5GIuDmjDoawOiXsffTyjy5kCzvEkPLPONt0efLmvqMmQy6ihwP1jI8mP01rL2ikyROqTzrHTRQOhl40QYNvvACIKgPiKVjHgnk1DbYjfvnnqDnaDEvvTsuihxe41IsTRgY9QvgYmHkK7tdznRlJLBj5E1k0wErsATDoNTTtRj6kZznF8rVTeHB2WqGWKaH)EectSFXVsews7Gooi8lIWPWq6wtNlXwmSYib7icZ6OeBvZDH8z5(ey1kRnmem(gYNiknK7vd5E1kFyLecdoiAkSeiegyDwS6(0kFyLecdoiAkSeieUc4JIfz6ERv(WkjeggaZjt3HTYhwjHWWaQWTUd0kFyLecdxe4hPAn57FMx5TYZqUxTYt747rx8A(JWGJc27Obeyo3YbKjRPje5s718iRTw)jKeRnmegYKvOXlM9rtxWk04fZ(OQlyn57)VXjLgY9Qv(WkjegCJGtsBjbcHHbutf29Pv(WkjegCJGtss2VmiqimmqGtytw)nowByimK7vR8HvsimmaMtMUpTYhwjHWWaQWTMSQ0LJbUXa9erR6LaUxKEBPjtwZherRwzTrUBz(iDJpVi9erNIjt2aUsage Information
Initial macro to get things started in BFA

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.10.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Pre Macro: Frost Strike, Obliterate

KeyPress: Chains of Ice, Howling Blast

Main Sequence: Empower Rune Weapon, Obliterate, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Frost Strike

Love your work John and thanks for all the time and effort you put into these macros! Just for some clarification do you use chains of ice at 20 or close to and howling blast when you have the proc?

How’s your DPS compared to what you sim? Just curious on how close it is and if I’m just using the macro wrong.

[quote quote=65761] Just for some clarification do you use chains of ice at 20 or close to and howling blast when you have the proc?
[/quote]

Always at 20 stack you use chains, unless your mob is about to die and you would get it to 20 before, and most importend ALLWAYS use chains at 20 when your Pillar of Frost is about to go out, meaning that you will get 15% extra damage

[quote quote=65761]Love your work John and thanks for all the time and effort you put into these macros! Just for some clarification do you use chains of ice at 20 or close to and howling blast when you have the proc?
How’s your DPS compared to what you sim? Just curious on how close it is and if I’m just using the macro wrong.[/quote]

use chains as Stingway noted above, HP is on proc, although i often fire one at the start as i close to the target to get the dot up and ticking.

vs my sims im on par give or take 1-200 dps in a static situation. once fignt movement comes into play plus Azerite traits etc it comes down to how well i can keep things going.

Ok this is not yet in the OP and is up for testing for feedback. Credit for this goes To Avard (i think thats correct) who gave me his initial macro to try before i broke it down and rebuild but using his initial concept for it.

This is also for a BoS build.
its a single macro that does its thing like my oblit one but holding done the modifier in this case Shift will switch to BReath. and you hold shift for the breath duration letting go once done until off CD to use again.

Altt is still for HB procs and i have chains on a seperate button i apply manually

im still working kinks to increase breath duration but i dont have time as im almost tanking content in blood every night.

dKtzcaGAQsA9KI8sQs9wu12ufMjvfZgrUjPQFHs3gu7uH9k2nv2VkdtQ8BGHIadwPHRk6GiOhROJrY5KslKQilvkQfJqTCiUmupvYYa55enrPGPIutgstNYfPk4WeEMu11ruBKQqBLuuBMuz7sHoovvnlQk9zQsCnvPrsvuRJuA0QQUlQCsQQ8nvLtJIZtkmnKmoeYRLICuHodvkp1ShiK2Zzaf6u0csyNjt1RGG677t1awNGmjldvQ6jE6xdza9Qsriz7hGKYRGF3T6XMMyjSrbcAk9IjcqZyejdWjdDgQqNHkf7uiTB5HbOAVv(ZOZ4ULQTdQldOuStH0ULhgGQ9w5pJoJ72xf0NkJ(uStH0Ky)jJDt8T8WauT3k)z0zC3(29q177TuFVpiY3BvVqqFTzqLIDkK2T8WauT3k)z0zC3s12b1LXBk2PqA3Y7aWauUBvTp((6Y4rk2PqA3Y7aWauUBFvqFQm(sXofs7wEhagGYDlvBhuxgeLIDkK2T8oamaL7wQwfvFkVXAqacwkdDgQuStH0ULhgGQ9wbjJ7wQwfruXs5da80hgyglfvkVXA0mMewiXHodvkwtG4fSHDyynUL3b(fiWC8OybkxSuLHF6rYUPXaCPkS)KXoJrqkfncJRjSbfItraqA6fteqOJLIaeSEXebe6muPyNcPDlVdadq5ULQvr1hlfncJRjSPcXXILsVWrwqYpNHrAe7mgGlehlwcaBREATH
Talents 3122333

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.3.12.

Macro Version 1

Pre Macro: Frost Strike

KeyPress: Howling Blast

Main Sequence: Frost Strike, Obliterate, Empower Rune Weapon, Breath of Sindragosa, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Arcane Torrent

KeyRelease: Contains various utility functions.

What’s currently by simulations the best DPS Macro for Forst?

most sims put breath higher, from what I have observed in raids it varies from fight to fight and player.
my raid team runs 4 dks, 1 blood, 1 UH, 1 oblit frost and 1 BoS frost. and it’s a crap shoot to predict which one will do top DPS each boss.

hey so question about this macro! is there a reason why its not activating or working when i press the key i dragged it to?

could be a number of things, but I have very little information to work with to provide you with a definite answer.

make sure you are not in combat when playing with the macros
sometime refreshing your UI can solve the issue too

@John Mets

Is the latest version of this macro in the first post in this thread?

TIA

Utha

[quote quote=66562]@john Mets
Is the latest version of this macro in the first post in this thread?
TIA
Utha[/quote]

yeah the OP is my current oblit frost macro, page 5 has a BoS one ive been working on but not enough feedback to put it on the OP

Castsequence does work in GSE, but not like it does in native macros.

In GSE, each cast in the /castsequence will cause the macro to fall down to the line below, and the next spell in the /castsequence is only cast on the next pass, and only if the spell before it was successful. In other words, if the 1st spell was successful in the 1st pass, the 2nd spell will be cast in the 2nd pass, i.e. /castsequence will not progress to the next spell until the current spell is cast successfully.

Example, assuming sequential step:

/cast 1
/castsequence 2,3,4
/cast 5

Assuming each spell cast is successful, it goes:

1 > 2 > 5
1 > 3 > 5
1 > 4 > 5

Otherwise, if a castsequence spell fails to cast, the macro will fall to the line below regardless, but then on the next pass it will try to recast the failed castsequence spell:

1 > 2 (failed) > 5
1 > 2 (failed) > 5
1 > 2 (success) > 5
1 > 3 (success) > 5
1 > 4 (success) > 5
1 > 2 > 5

Note: castsequence in GSE will only behave like a castsequence in a native macro IF the GSE castsequence macro only contains that one line of castsequence, without anything else. This is also the only instance where (reset=xx) timer conditional can work in GSE, as long as you do not press the macro for the specified amount of time.

ok what was the point of this besides telling me something I already know?

So 8.1 Update, Still too soon to change anything at this point but. I have been playing with my BoS macro.
below there are 2 tabs now first tab is as before. second tab replaces Obliterate with Frostscythe, so you will need to respec for that.

Its pretty fun in M+, im itching to get the new welp trait in life as I had some fun wit this setup and pillar of frost+ FwF as well.

dOdqeaGAsLQ1tQqVKQuVfsBtiMjvjZMeUPq5xi52QYoLYEv2nv2VOFsQOggv1VbgkiAWsgouQdsQipwWXi6CQQwOqvlLuvTysvz5eCzepvLLjvphvtui1ujPjdX0PCyuMgs9mO46eQnkuzRKkPntI2oPs5JKkywcjFMuLUMQYXPk6UGA0G06iKtsQIVrkNgQopiSssL41ufghuYto11K7ItQd6C06sS16tDNktbXz8DDzVlLy2fnrjtScBT(UdBsqprVw)tUtNeBqbc70DauxwpIPJ7IXccaDLiWXbo(uxto11K7OcmULf6dGiklouCLgCw0)(D)167OcmULf6dGiklouCLgCwFYUMCnm7OcmUXjEkM4cKSqFaerzXHIR0GZ6ZpIetuzrR9fbROYs(17A)RrVJkW4wwOpaIOS4qXvAWzr)739x7BhvGXTSqDGhabol5Fenn)1ISJkW4wwOoWdGaN1NSRjxtBhvGXTSqDGhabol6F)U)AyTJkW4wwOoWdGaNf9VKgZoVjqOFIccJtM6AYDugtqVeJ4ipiYc1bGYeEWOiegc8SDEbay7f(d32rVtva35bXKtF7oJGDCIDbdh42DepftCgotXovbCNheRp9Tdsa3IXccGPoBhKcKySGayQRj3rfyClluh4bqGZI(xsJz2oVjqaPaHZN6AYDubg3Yc9bqeLftHbNf9Vel6zZwRp11K7OcmULf6dGiklouCLgCwDFTog)167OcmULf6dGiklouCLgCwFYUMCnm7OcmUXjEkM4cKSqFaerzXHIR0GZ6ZpIetuzrR9fbROYs(17A)RrVJkW4wwOpaIOS4qXvAWz1916y8x7BhvGXTSqDGhabol5Fenn)1ISJkW4wwOoWdGaN1NSRjxtBhvGXTSqDGhaboRUVwhJ)AyTJkW4wwOoWdGaNf9VKgZoVjqaPaHZN6AYDubg3Yc9bqeLftHbNf9Vel6z78caW2l8hUTJEN3ei0prbHXjtDn5okJjOxIrCKhezH6aqzcpyuecdbE2UZiyhNyxWWbUDhXtXeNHZuStva35bX6l(Dqc4wmwqam1z7GuGeJfeatDn5oQaJBzH6apacCw0)sAmZ2PkG78GyYf)Sz7IXCIzk0JZic6gXz4a3IF2SnaF1GODJM
Talents 2122113

This macro contains 2macro versions. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.4.02.

• The Default macro is 2
Macro Version 1

Main Sequence: Frost Strike, Obliterate, Empower Rune Weapon, Breath of Sindragosa, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Arcane Torrent

Macro Version 2

Main Sequence: Frostscythe, Frost Strike, Empower Rune Weapon, Breath of Sindragosa, Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, Arcane Torrent

Hi John, I can’t get the shift or alt function to work. I have bound the macro to one of the side buttons of my mouse. It fires the nomod abilities but I don’t know how to fire the shift or alt functions. Help please! <3

EDIT: I have unbound everything related to CTRL or SHIFT and it still does not fire off. :frowning:

EDIT2: While holding the modifier I can press the button and it fires off. But when I use the keybind it does not. I use AHK and bound to MB4

[quote quote=67657]Hi John, I can’t get the shift or alt function to work. I have bound the macro to one of the side buttons of my mouse. It fires the nomod abilities but I don’t know how to fire the shift or alt functions. Help please! <3
EDIT: I have unbound everything related to CTRL or SHIFT and it still does not fire off. ?
EDIT2: While holding the modifier I can press the button and it fires off. But when I use the keybind it does not. I use AHK and bound to MB4[/quote]

definitely an AHK issue sad thing is I don’t and have never used AHK, so I cant help and my Go to person for it has recently left the community, best bet would be to post the issue in the AHK section of the WLM Discord and see if any users there can help… sorry :frowning: