Frost Lazy Macro – 4.3

Hello guys, back again with a macro right out of the oven. This lazy macro was tested on my DK with 323 item lvl gear and was pulling about 12k on the dummies. It consists of a simple rotation and a modifier that has to be used at any time you want to burn runic power (Frost Strike) or whenever the macro abilities are in cooldown. Have fun!

/castsequence [mod]Frost Strike;reset=10 Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=60 Horn of Winter,Pillar of Frost,Blood Tap,Outbreak,Horn of Winter,Horn of Winter
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

[toggle title=“Deutsch”]In the process of translation, the macro might have increased in characters going over the limit of 255. Please download a Macro Extender like Macro Toolkit to make it fit in your client language.

/castsequence [mod]Froststoß;reset=10 Heulende Böe,Seuchenstoß,Auslöschen
/castsequence reset=60 Horn des Winters,Säule des Frosts,Blutwandlung,Ausbruch,Horn des Winters,Horn des Winters
/cast Runenwaffe verstärken
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

[toggle title=“Español”]
In the process of translation, the macro might have increased in characters going over the limit of 255. Please download a Macro Extender like Macro Toolkit to make it fit in your client language.

/castsequence [mod]Golpe de Escarcha;reset=10 Explosión aullante,Golpe de peste,Asolar
/castsequence reset=60 Cuerno de invierno,Pilar de Escarcha,Transfusión de sangre,Brote,Cuerno de invierno,Cuerno de invierno
/cast Potenciar arma de runas
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

[toggle title=“Français”]
In the process of translation, the macro might have increased in characters going over the limit of 255. Please download a Macro Extender like Macro Toolkit to make it fit in your client language.

/castsequence [mod]Frappe de givre;reset=10 Rafale hurlante,Frappe de peste,Anéantissement
/castsequence reset=60 Cor de l'hiver,Pilier de givre,Drain sanglant,Poussée de fièvre,Cor de l'hiver,Cor de l'hiver
/cast Renforcer l'arme runique
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

[toggle title=“Português Brasileiro”]

/castsequence [mod]Golpe Gélido;reset=10 Impacto Uivante,Golpe da Peste,Obliterar
/castsequence reset=60 Berrante do Inverno,Pilar de Gelo,Transfusão de Sangue,Eclosão,Berrante do Inverno,Berrante do Inverno
/cast Energizar Arma Rúnica
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

[toggle title=“Русский”]

/castsequence [mod]Ледяной удар;reset=10 Воющий ветер,Удар чумы,Уничтожение
/castsequence reset=60 Зимний горн,Ледяной столп,Кровоотвод,Вспышка болезни,Зимний горн,Зимний горн
/cast Усиление рунического оружия
/use 13
/use 14
/startattack

Macro Explanation:

UPDATED July 10, 2011: Added Empower Rune Weapon on its own line, it was locking up the sequence (Thanks Ashley for the finding).
UPDATED February 3, 2012: Included translations for 5 client languages.

anyone having issues with your toon locking in place like being snared? i can still hit someone when they are in range, i can cast and pull them to me, but i cant run forward or back , side to side, just turn in a circle, when i use regular buttons i dont have this happen, uninstalled every macro i owned, and the one that seems to be causing issues is the lazy macro, any help would be appreciated, really like the simplicity of using the macro

Hi William, sounds like a keybind problem or keyboard or mouse. Do you play on english client? Make sure you have the talent abilities that are included in the macro. Level 85? Is your interface too heavy (lots of add-ons)? Try without addons and see if it works fine the macro. Maybe corrupted video settings or database? Maybe is time to delete the WTF folder and start fresh? Do you have a trinket that makes u stand still?
If your system has the power to run WoW smooth then have to keep trouble shooting, because it works fine on my end the frost lazy macro.
Make sure you are in unholy presence.
Also make sure the macro is correctly pasted in the macro box without extra spaces.

Let me know if any of those helped.

Many Thanks For the response, i figured it out, feel like a ass, it was the pillar of frost in the macro, for some reason it just started not letting me move, or i just recently noticed it, i edited out the pillar of frost and seems to be doing better, just strange i never noticed when i hit my 1 shot macro that i coulnt move, of course in a arena or bg alot of things are going on, and that maybe why i never noticed before, again many thanks, love your addon

is this still works on 4.3?

cant try it cause not 85 yet :slight_smile: thanks

It does, I did Dragon Soul just last night on my Frost DK

thats good , cool , is there any reason why this is not working on lvl 81? and which presence i need to use it with? thanks

Hello Serdarsinan, the presence for this spec is usually Unholy. The macro should work fine since level 73 or so without any modifications, unless you didn’t pick the Pillar of Frost talent. That would be the only thing that might interfere with it at your level.
If still doesn’t seem to be right, try to make sure is correctly copy and pasted into the game or download the addon plugin and load it.
Hopefully this resolves your problem.
*Don’t forget to hold a modifier key to use Frost Strike with the macro,

yeah i mean the macro works but it doesnt repeat cause the runes not enough to repeat, matbe i need glyps and stuff to make it repetable?thanks

this is my my 2 button dps smash 1 [outbreak] then button 2 is marco unholy pesence works best for speed of runes

/castsequence [mod]Frost Strike;reset=10 Howling Blast,Plague Strike,Obliterate
/castsequence reset=30 Horn of Winter,Blood Tap,Pillar of Frost
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/use 13
/startattack

ilvl374 29k dps in 10man raid

I don’t know why, but none of these macros are applying my diseases.

They seem to just spam Obliterate/Howling Blast, any ideas?

Hello Care, I just tried it on my DK to verify and everything is working. You can verify if is casting a spell by using a damage meter to keep track (that’s how I do it).

Is your game client on english? Is it properly copied and pasted? Just trying to figure out so I can help you make it work right.

If you want an effective macro for Frost. Please like if this works for you. You press shift or alt to use frost strike to dump runic power. What this does is apply your diseases whether or not outbreak is applied, obliterate for that extra damage, you should not use obliterate repeatedly because you are losing runic power when obliterate take two runes to use. You also don’t need to use blood tap as stated in a previous macro because blood tap only turns blood runes into death runes and what do you know they already are, so it’s not needed. Note the use 13 is for the 1st trinket slot, the startattack is to autoattack your target when you start spamming and go to next enemy when they are dead.

/castsequence [mod] frost strike; reset=target howling blast,plague strike,howling blast,obliterate,howling blast
/castsequence reset=60 outbreak,pillar of frost
/use 13
/startattack

[quote quote=2810]Many Thanks For the response, i figured it out, feel like a ass, it was the pillar of frost in the macro, for some reason it just started not letting me move, or i just recently noticed it, i edited out the pillar of frost and seems to be doing better, just strange i never noticed when i hit my 1 shot macro that i coulnt move, of course in a arena or bg alot of things are going on, and that maybe why i never noticed before, again many thanks, love your addon[/quote] Do you have glyph of pillar of frost , if so re read it , it freezes you in place as part of it.

Anyone still using this macro for 5.0.4?

any updated version?

i use this spec and the second line /castsequence reset=60 Horn of Winter,Pillar of Frost,Blood Tap,Outbreak,Horn of Winter,Horn of Winter , is not work… (i play in a private server 4.3) PLS HELP!