Frost Mage 6.0.3

as realy dont have a clue how to play my mage in frost and my mage gear is only level 502, I needed to make a macro that did some damage to get the lastest trinket level 520 from that new quest. I used to play arcane and the 1 button 1 spell rotaion used to be simple :slight_smile: so this is what Ive come up with for frost, please make any changes that work and re post them, talents are 3,2,2,2,1,3

#showtooltip FrostBolt
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence reset=target Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,null
/castsequence [combat]reset=target Frost Bomb,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/cast [combat] Ice Floes
/cast [combat]frozen orb
/cast [combat] Icy Veins
/petattack [@mouseover]

Needs testing as I only used it on mobs that didnt have much life doing that quest, but didnt lock up,
so i thought i would shair it, let me know what sort of dps you can get with better gear please.

Macro works well with no lock ups and no other issues I can find

Anyone got a Gnome Sequencer for Frost Mage.

This is my attempt, but it is a bit ordinary. Would appreciate some help improving it.

Sequences[‘FMage’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/startattack
/petattack [@target,harm]
]],
‘/cast Frost Bolt’,
‘/cast Mirror Image’,
‘/cast Icy Veins’,
‘/cast Frost Nova’,
‘/cast Frost Nova’,
‘/cast Frozen Orb’,
‘/cast Frostfire Bolt’,
‘/cast Ice Lance’,
‘/cast Frostbolt’,
‘/cast Frostbolt’,
‘/cast Frostbolt’,
‘/cast Cone of Cold’,
}

Sorry cant help you with Gnome sequencer, as i refuse to use it because it doesnt use the same ordering sequence as wow uses in its macros. Any macros that are writen in the standard format will work in the wow ui if they are shortened or eddited slightly. These Gnome sequencer macros depend on the program to run without locking up. Also have heard rumors that bliz are planning on changing the way macros work yet again :frowning: , not sure how true this is, but sounds about right, so going back to basics is fine by me. If I can get away without using any addons then cool at least then im not going to be stuck not being able to play wow on patch day because non of my macros are working. Good luck with Gnome sequencer, and I hope it stays working for you.

shorter vesion same macro, no need for macro toolkit

/castsequence reset=target Frostfire Bolt,Ice Lance,null
/castsequence [combat]reset=target Frost Bomb,Frostbolt,Frostbolt,Ice Lance,Frostfire Bolt
/cast [combat] Ice Floes
/cast [combat]frozen orb
/cast [combat] Icy Veins