Fury 5.3 - Help Please

Hello,

My ilvl is currently 521 and I have been using the macro’s here. Although, I haven’t had a problem getting them to work I think I may be doing something wrong for I can’t seem to get past 100k dps but my typical dps is way lower at around 70-80k sustained and I can’t figure out why.

Can someone please help me out with the macro’s and give me some advise?

I would greatly appreciate it. I would even be willing to call someone to discuss it more in-depth.

Thanks

Gorgleon
volleypro2000@yahoo.com

Test single target on a dummy, you should be hovering at your ilvl at around the 95-105k mark - my warriors ilvl is 514 and he is doing 90-100k single target dummy.

There are a few things you can do to see where you are losing dps. In the macro you have many abilities with most on a CD timer. Put all those CD and proc abilities on the hotbar directly above your main hotbar so they are really easy to see while using your macro. Now while using your macro make sure everything is firing off.

Do all Raging Blow procs get used, or one gets used and not the other, or do they all time out? Do you use all 3 Wild Strikes when it procs? Is Bloodthirst going off as soon as the CD is up? Does Colossus Smash get used as soon as it is ready? Do you save rage for your Colossus Smash so you can do 3-4 Heroic Strikes during the debuff period? Do you talent CD’s fire off when they are up?

I cannot get optimal results with one hotbar macro so I use 3 hotbars specifically for Raging Blow and Colossus Smash to work when the CD is up. Plus I use a keyboard clicker set to click the macro every 20 MS. This is the only way I can get decent dps. I could get even higher dps if I timed my Banner with an Execute phase for example or timed the Banner with Bloodbath,Recklessness,Colossus Smash,3 HS spam.
But I don’t and am too lazy to go to that length. Hope you can find the dps loss there. Also are you properly gemmed/reforged? Go to http://www.askmrrobot.com and find out and make any changes.

[quote quote=6870]Test single target on a dummy, you should be hovering at your ilvl at around the 95-105k mark – my warriors ilvl is 514 and he is doing 90-100k single target dummy.

There are a few things you can do to see where you are losing dps. In the macro you have many abilities with most on a CD timer. Put all those CD and proc abilities on the hotbar directly above your main hotbar so they are really easy to see while using your macro. Now while using your macro make sure everything is firing off.

Do all Raging Blow procs get used, or one gets used and not the other, or do they all time out? Do you use all 3 Wild Strikes when it procs? Is Bloodthirst going off as soon as the CD is up? Does Colossus Smash get used as soon as it is ready? Do you save rage for your Colossus Smash so you can do 3-4 Heroic Strikes during the debuff period? Do you talent CD’s fire off when they are up?

I cannot get optimal results with one hotbar macro so I use 3 hotbars specifically for Raging Blow and Colossus Smash to work when the CD is up. Plus I use a keyboard clicker set to click the macro every 20 MS. This is the only way I can get decent dps. I could get even higher dps if I timed my Banner with an Execute phase for example or timed the Banner with Bloodbath,Recklessness,Colossus Smash,3 HS spam.<br>
But I don’t and am too lazy to go to that length. Hope you can find the dps loss there. Also are you properly gemmed/reforged? Go to http://www.askmrrobot.com and find out and make any changes.
[/quote]

Hello Michael,

Any chance you will share your 3 bar macro?
These single ones i have hardly any success with them firing off…

First off go here Fandom and use this, you may have to load out of date addons for this but it works brilliantly. Reposition it in the settings to where you will see it all the time while fighting. For me optimal position is 3/4 to the botttom and 3/4 to the left of screen. Go to settings and disable ability queue frames all you want this for is the rage bar and fury buffs/debuffs frame. In that frame set 1, 2 and 3 to custom ID’s as such custom buff #1 46915 and custom buff #2 131116 and custom buff #3 12950 leave 4 as default. Then go to rage bar frame and tick for fury spec. Now you will always be able to see when WS procs, RB procs, Meat Cleaver (for aoe RB hits multiple targets) plus when your rage is filling.

As for the macros themselves, place Raging Blow, Colossus Smash, Impending Victory, Shockwave and Bloodthirst on separate keys - these are you CD abilities of concern. The main ones you will want to be able to spam while a macro is running is Raging Blow and Bloodthirst so I put them above my main hotbar as 1 and 2 on my number pad.

Single target hotbar 1 - everything seems to work here just keep an eye on Raging Blow and spam that key if it looks like timing out (extremely rare}. When WS procs hold ctrl and keep holding until they are used. When your rage bar is full and Colossus Smash has just gone off hold alt until you have no rage. Just realized I have 4 hotbars too.

/castsequence [mod:alt]Heroic Strike;[mod:ctrl]Wild Strike;reset=target Bloodthirst,Heroic Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 Raging Blow
/cast [combat]Berserker Rage
/cast Charge
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/cast [combat] !Skull Banner
/swapactionbar 1 2

Single target hotbar 2

/castsequence [mod:alt]Heroic Strike;[mod:ctrl]Wild Strike;reset=0.3 1,Impending Victory
/castsequence reset=0.3 Battle Shout
/use [combat]13
/swapactionbar 2 3

Single target hotbar 3

/castsequence [mod:alt]Heroic Strike;[mod:ctrl]Wild Strike;reset=0.3 1,Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 Shockwave
/use [combat]13
/swapactionbar 3 4

Single target hotbar 4

/castsequence [mod:alt]Heroic Strike;[mod:ctrl]Wild Strike;reset=target Raging Blow
/use [combat]13
/swapactionbar 4 1

Aoe macros - for some reason Raging Blow seem to time out sometimes but this is a good thing because we want to time it with Meat Cleaver procs.
Meat Cleaver goes up to 3 stacks so if you do 3 Whirlwinds your next Raging Blow will hit 3 targets. Rage will build up so try to hit alt for at least one WW before using RB - on more than 3 mobs preferably 3 WW then RB. Also I use the Glyph of Raging Wind and Glyph of Whirlwind to increase damage output. Doing 150k+ on 3 dummies.

AOE hotbar 1

/castsequence [mod]Whirlwind;reset=target Bloodthirst,Whirlwind
/castsequence reset=0.3 Raging Blow
/cast [combat]Berserker Rage
/cast Charge
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/cast [combat] !Skull Banner
/swapactionbar 1 2
/targetenemy [noexists][dead][noharm]
/startattack [exists,harm,nodead]

AOE hotbar 2