Gnome Sequencer for Idiots - Ask and you will be answered

[quote quote=22283]Finally, hunter SV and MM macros seem entirely dependent on modifiers and with an almost 4 button play……that seems almost useless. Really wish there was a good MM macro that did not require modifiers. Good luck.
[/quote]

Most classes are going to require either modifier keys or multiple keys in order to macro. There are few exceptions, those classes with a strict priority cast order, such as prot pally. Anything more complicated, or with a more complicated cast mechanic like focus or combo points will require more interaction. Not much you can do about it without getting into botting because the macro would need additional information such as CDs or Focus levels that are not available to the macro system.

You can midigate it some by talent selection though. So rather than using the highest DPS active talent, maybe one with slightly less DPS, but passive use is available.

Experimentation is key. Usually you can get something usable for any class. I try to design my macros with physical disability in mind, not max DPS for the lazy. So i’ll take something that is more easily accessible for a macro over the top DPS.

For ppl not sure about GS, there are a few guides on YouTube that explain how to set it up. In addition when editing it, you’ll need to have notepad ++ to help edit and copying and pasting. Using regular notepad can alter symbols and spacing breaking the whole macro. When sharing the macro, it is ideal to do it in the black code box. The code button is above this box. For some reason when pasting the macro normally or in quotes it changes some symbols. When you go create the macro in game the name has to be exactly the same as the gs macro or it won’t work. If you name it correctly in game the text field in the macro box should auto populate

Notepad++ isn’t needed, notepad works just fine. Make sure you aren’t using wordpad or microsoft word. Notepad in all OSs has always been and will always be a plain text editor. Workpad however is a rich text editor and will F stuff up.

Hi i downloaded GS 3 days ago and it was working fine but now it has stoped working for some reason havent changed anything.
Has Wow stoped GS addon ?

Maybe I’m just ignorant, but can you explain what the StepFunction is doing? No matter how long I stare at it I can’t seem to figure it out.

-Thanks

i dont think GS is working atm but you download GS from GnomeSequencer : Action Bar Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns

download: GnomeSequencer : Action Bar Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns
extract zip : to you wow addons folder : World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
then rename: exampleseqence folder to Sequence

open the Sequence.lua in c++ notpad or normal not pad and copy and paste the macros at the very bottom of the notbad

thats what iv been doing

i dont think GS is working atm but you download GS from GnomeSequencer : Action Bar Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns

download: GnomeSequencer : Action Bar Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns
extract zip : to you wow addons folder : World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
then rename: exampleseqence folder to Sequence

open the Sequence.lua in c++ notpad or normal not pad and copy and paste the macros at the very bottom of the notbad

thats what iv been doing

Ok … I get all of the posts to date.
I can even make it work for a single macro. I would like to see a example of more than one macro in the file.
I want really four macros per toon
So with seven toons,I would need 28 total macros in the file.
Is that even possible?

I would make each macro the first three letters of the toon and 1,2,3,4 to keep everything straight.

Also the first sequence for all the macros are the same and the last of all the macros would also be the same.
Thanks for your postings by the way.

[quote quote=22420]Ok … I get all of the posts to date. I can even make it work for a single macro. I would like to see a example of more than one macro in the file. I want really four macros per toon So with seven toons,I would need 28 total macros in the file. Is that even possible?
I would make each macro the first three letters of the toon and 1,2,3,4 to keep everything straight.
Also the first sequence for all the macros are the same and the last of all the macros would also be the same. Thanks for your postings by the way.
[/quote]

ok a simple look at the example file, clearly shows how to do it, sorry was a work on my phone.

just put one down and another etc. works like a charm.
you may just delete my post if you wish.

everytime i execute a macro i just auto-attack
whats wrong?

[quote quote=22385]Maybe I’m just ignorant, but can you explain what the StepFunction is doing? No matter how long I stare at it I can’t seem to figure it out.
-Thanks
[/quote]

Step function makes it go back to every previous step before executing the next, making a priority system of sorts. So rather that 1234512345 it becomes 112123123412345, higher up on the list the spell, more often it gets cast over something else.

I would need to see the macro to see what you did wrong.

Look at the file and find the autoattack, there should be a missing or wrong formatting.
Open the file in Notepad :heavy_plus_sign::heavy_plus_sign: and it should stick out like a sore thumb.
Tips : Look at the file as if it is a .js file type, but do not save it as a js file type.

local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

Sequences[‘Fury’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast Raging Blow’,
‘/cast !execute’,
‘/cast [combat]Bloodbath’,
‘/cast [combat]Blood Fury’,
‘/cast [combat]dragon roar’,
‘/cast [combat]recklessness’,
‘/cast Berserker Rage’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/cast victory rush’,
‘/cast Wild Strike’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
‘/cast Raging Blow’,
‘/cast !execute’,
‘/cast [combat]Bloodbath’,
‘/cast [combat]Blood Fury’,
‘/cast [combat]dragon roar’,
‘/cast [combat]recklessness’,
‘/cast Berserker Rage’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/cast victory rush’,
‘/cast Wild Strike’,
]],
}

[quote quote=22449]local _, Sequences = … — Don’t touch this
Sequences[‘Fury’] = { PreMacro = [[ /targetenemy [noharm][dead] ]], ‘/cast Raging Blow’, ‘/cast !execute’, ‘/cast [combat]Bloodbath’, ‘/cast [combat]Blood Fury’, ‘/cast [combat]dragon roar’, ‘/cast [combat]recklessness’, ‘/cast Berserker Rage’, ‘/cast Bloodthirst’, ‘/cast victory rush’, ‘/cast Wild Strike’, PostMacro = [[ /startattack ‘/cast Raging Blow’, ‘/cast !execute’, ‘/cast [combat]Bloodbath’, ‘/cast [combat]Blood Fury’, ‘/cast [combat]dragon roar’, ‘/cast [combat]recklessness’, ‘/cast Berserker Rage’, ‘/cast Bloodthirst’, ‘/cast victory rush’, ‘/cast Wild Strike’, ]], }
[/quote]

Post macro should only have non-GCD elements. Anything more than non-GCD and it will break. You seem to have the entire rotation in the post macro.

so im an idiot i guess that means i get to ask a question i use many many alts and im wondering can i have multiple saves or do i have to rename and make new ones the whole time?

Hi there,

just got GS installed and trying to make it work.
After renaming and editing the example file with notepad++ i pasted the following macro:

local _, Sequences = ... -- Don't touch this

Sequences['open'] = {

PreMacro = [[
#showtooltip Sciame di Imp
/petattack [@target,harm]
/petautocastoff [group] Threatening Presence
/petautocaston [nogroup] Threatening Presence
]],
“/castsequence [nomod]reset=target Soul Fire,Dark Soul: Knowledge,Hand of Gul’dan,Imp Swarm,Corruption,Summon Terrorguard,Shadow Bolt,Hand of Gul’dan,Metamorphosis,Doom,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Touch of Chaos”,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

Sequences[‘danno’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/use [nopet,nomod]summon Felguard
]],
‘/use [noform: 0] Metamorphosis’,
“/castsequence Hand of Gul’dan”,
“/castsequence [nomod,nochanneling] reset=target Corruption,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Corruption,Life Tap,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt,Shadow Bolt”,
“/cast [mod:ctrl,combat] Soul Fire”,
“/cast [pet:Kizgorod] Wrathstorm”,
PostMacro = [[
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

Sequences[‘tnt’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/use [noform: 1] Metamorphosis’,
‘/castsequence reset=target/5 Doom,null’,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=target/5 Touch of Chaos,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt,Demonbolt”,
‘/cast [mod:alt,combat] Dark Soul: Knowledge’,
‘/cast [mod:ctrl,combat] Imp Swarm’,
“/cast [pet:Kizgorod] Wrathstorm”,
PostMacro = [[
/use [combat] Blood Fury
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

But as i am bad with this things, once i go create a new macro in game ad call it open, or danno or tnt i cannot make it work.
open for example only puts me in autoattack, the other two are doing nothing.

Any help pls? Thank you!

Thank you for this post. Just a simple question, can I smash the GS macro at the fastest speed possible? Or do I have to time it for every GCD?

Good morning guys, can anyone help please, I am a disabled player of WoW, I have arthritis in both hands which can be very painful in long fights, so GS is a god send to me.

I have installed GS, followed all the instructions and made the macro “GnomeExample2” to test everything is working, and it all works absolutely fine, when I create the macro and click new, it inserts the following in the macro command box

#Showtooltip
/Click GnomeExample2

and works perfectly, so the program is working as it should do.

so without touching anything, I copied and pasted a few macros straight into the Sequencer leaving a 2 line gap a few of the GS macros posted on the site telling me they work perfectly, but when I come to make the buttons and click OK to insert the macro it just stays blank in the command box and does not autoinsert the above text???

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please??

thanks in advance for any help and advice

What is the function of “!” before a spell?

exemple: /cast !Execute

Hello, i am working on my Warlock Destrucion macro and got a question. Since i got 2 “use” trinkets thats got the same cooldown as the “Dark Soul: Instability” spell i whould like to be able to fire them off at the same time as “Dark Soul: Instability”.

Today i use a MOD key to fire of “Dark Soul: Instability” that looks like this.
/castsequence [mod:CTRL,combat] Dark Soul: Instability
And got the trinkets down in the post macro section.

Is it possible to have “/use [combat]13” & “/use [combat]14” on the same row as the “/castsequence [mod:CTRL,combat] Dark Soul: Instability” ?