Gnome Sequencer for Idiots - Ask and you will be answered

can someone please help me… my GS always comes with an errorhandler and i dont know what to do about it if someone could help me i am willing to pay or do anything for someone to contact me and guide me through it and help me finally use GS.

Need Help…

I cannot get gnome sequencer to cast the same spell twice in a row. I created this to test because
I was having so many issues. No pre … no post just a few simple commands.

Sequences[‘test’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Stampede]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Barrage]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Focus Fire]],
[[/castsequence [nochanneling] Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

I also tried listing cobra shot twice.

Sequences[‘test’] = {
PreMacro = [[
]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Stampede]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Multi-Shot]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Barrage]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Focus Fire]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot]],
[[/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot]],
PostMacro = [[
]],
}

What i get is Stampede, Barrage, Multi-shot, cobra shot, multi shot, focus fire, cobra shot, multi shot. etc.

There are no step functions in the macro. Any thoughts?
Arghhhhhhhh

Hey Healme,

thanks for the how-to. I got a macro running and all is shiny. But now I’m wondering how to best approach optimizing it. I looked through the forum and couldn’t find a guide that’s telling me how.

So I’m a Frost DK at ilvl 678, but my damage is not anywhere close where I think it should be considering my ilvl (barely break the 20k mark on single target raid bosses). So that’s telling me that my macro is not ideal, but I don’t know how to figure out where my macro’s shortfall is. This is my macro:

Sequences[‘Frost’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [mod:shift] Blood Boil
/cast [mod:alt] Soul Reaper
]],
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Frost Strike’,
‘/cast Howling Blast’,
‘/cast Outbreak’,
‘/cast Blood Tap’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/cast Obliterate’,
‘/use Unholy Blight’,
PostMacro = [[
/cast Pillar of Frost
/cast Empower Rune Weapon
/startattack
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Is there a more “scientific” approach to optimizing my macro for my toon, other than just adding spells to my macro and see what happens? ^.^

Thanks!

Tri

ok first thanks for the info. seems to work amazing when I only have 1 sequence but when I try to add another neither work or keeps giving me syntax error codes. this is the one I am trying to do right now. I eliminated the first one. The character is a Blood DK tank:

local _, Sequences = … – Don’t touch this

Sequence[‘BST’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
“/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
“/cast Bone Shield”,
]],
“/castsequence reset=target”
Outbreak,Plague Leech”,
“/cast Death Strike”,
“/cast Soul Reaper”,
“/cast Death Coil”,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

any help will be much Obliged

Hi guys,

i am using a great macro of Beef for my BM Hunter. I modified it a little bit, cause i dont like stampede and barage.

It works fine. But there are 2 little problems that i cant solve:

1.) The kill command dont work
2.) When the NPC that i had clicked get killed, i attack automaticly the next NPC (because i cant stopp to klick the macro the same moement the NPC is dead)… so i pull the next NPC and get hated :slight_smile:

Here is the macro (for GS)

Is it possible to stopp a attack, after the NPC got killed ? In raids i pull allways the next npc, cause i still klick the key.

Anyone understand me / can help me out ?

EDIT: My Kill Commant dont work.

I changed beefs task to this:

‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=15 Glaive Toss’,
‘/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=6 Kill Command,!Tödlicher Schuss’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Kill Command’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Cobra Shot’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Dire Beast’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Bestial Wrath’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Kill Command’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Focus Fire’,
‘/cast [nochanneling] Arcane Shot’,

I hope you guys understand my english :slight_smile:

Cheers

Max

Help.

I am running a Mac and I have put my GS folder in the Add-on folder. Duplicated the ExampleSequences.lua and renamed the duplicated one to Sequences.lua.

I copied a GS Sequence from here and pasted below the top writing. After the paste I deleted everything. I created the blank Macro ignore like the YouTube videos state but nothing. Here is a copy of the file

– To use a macro sequence, create a blank macro in-game with the same name you picked for the sequence here and it will overwrite it.

Sequences[‘FURYS’] = {
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
]],
‘/cast Charge’,
‘/cast Execute’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/cast Wild Strike’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/cast Raging Blow’,
‘/cast Wild Strike’,
‘/cast Siegebreaker’,
‘/cast Bloodthirst’,
‘/cast Raging Blow’,
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Blood Fury
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/cast [combat] Avatar
/cast [combat] Storm Bolt

/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

I posted a problem I was having about 3 weeks ago, and have not gotten any replies. Is there anyone out there that can help me out with my problem,

Hey all, I’m rather new to GS but I enjoyed making macros with the toolkit, im currently looking for an example of a GS macro that triggers the first available spell/ability, similar to the macro toolkit’s functionality. Practicing with macro’s that other people have created I’ve only really found macro’s that go through each spell individually which I feel to be rather slow and too “spammy”.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Is there anyway to make GS check for buffs/debuffs before casting a spell?

1 Like

Hello, I hope you all are having a great day!! I like using GS and I have a question on different talents in same or if you have to make a different seq. I change talents as my fury warrior the lvl 60 talents Storm Bolt, Shockwave, and Dragon Roar depending on the needs of the fight and I have them on another button. The question is I swap between the lvl 100 talents Avatar and Bladestorm also, can they be placed in the same seq, will it work or lock up or would be better to have them on another button also.
Example:
/cast Avatar
/cast Bladestorm
will it skip over the one that is not currently being used. Thank you for any help you can provide.

This is a wonderful post! Thanks to Healme and Pro Jenna and others for positive and informative posts. I learned to write HTML and CSS by dissecting and learning how, why, when, and where the code worked. This explains so much and really helps me feel confident enough to try writing and testing my own code rather than simply tweaking other code but not knowing the dynamics of it. Thanks for all you guys and gals do to improve game play!

Could someone explain what this portion does? The logic behind the syntax and its functionality?

StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[

Why is:
!
sometimes put in front of a spell/ability such as

/cast !Rapid Fire
/cast !Barrage
/cast !Cobra Shot

?

[quote quote=26042]Why is: ! sometimes put in front of a spell/ability such as

/cast !Rapid Fire
/cast !Barrage
/cast !Cobra Shot

?
[/quote]

It is for spells/abilities that can be toggled on/off. It tells the UI to turn it on if it is off, but don’t turn it off if it is already on. It gets misused quite a bit, thus the confusion on it’s true purpose. Hope this helps!

[quote quote=25784]Could someone explain what this portion does? The logic behind the syntax and its functionality?
StepFunction = [[ limit = limit or 1 if step == limit then limit = limit % #macros + 1 step = 1 else step = step % #macros + 1 end ]], PreMacro = [[
[/quote]

Okay, each macro in the code is a step. This code states that it will run step 1, check for a step 2, then run step 1 again and add 1 so it will run step 2. It will run step 1 and 2, then it will check to see if there is a step 3, return and add 1 step, run step 1, 2, and 3, then check for step 4, etc. When it gets to the last step and detects no further steps, it has ended and will start at 1 again and continue the cycle. So if you have 5 macros, the sequence will be 1,12,123,1234,12345 then start over again. It helps with prioritization, i.e. put a spell in the first step that you want cast more often or when it comes off CD because it will be attempted 5 times per cycle (using the example I gave). Hope this helps!

Thank you PandaBomb!

For your help and the reply to Nicholas helps me as well, though I knew it was involved with making the lines in the macro work. It helps to know ‘how’ it works.

Well Met,

What does the conditions between the brackets mean?
/targetenemy [noharm][dead] or
"/castsequence [nochanneling] Haunt",
Is there a list with all the ones available?

Will try to Target an Enemty [Current Target can’t be harmed by you][Current target is dead]
>Pretty much if you have a Target that you can harm and isn’t dead, this line doesn’t attempt to look for a New Enemy.

/castsequence [nochanneling] Haunt
This will cast Haunt [Will not interrupt Channeled spells]
>If you are using a spell that has a cast time or is being channeled, Drain Soul as Aff, it won’t interrupt it.

Big list of Conditionals

You can add “no” in front of Mods to make the effect flip. Like in [noharm]
Harm = You can cast a harmful spell at them.
NoHarm = You can’t cast a Harmful spell at them.

PS: You can’t cap your mods like [Channeling]. It has to be lower case.

I already have a balance druid macro that works wonders, but how do i add more macros without screwing up what i already have? I have 8 toons, looking to switch over from macro toolkit to GS as I like it better,

Hey guys!
I had a question but now it’s clear. Could you delete this post?