GS:E Legion Shadow Priest 3 Button Macro

It’s time for another 3 button macro by Renic. I’ve found that a lot of the time One Button macros for specs that need things like DOTs applied will reapply them with very poor timing, or not at all, or will just lock on reapplying them over and over. Honestly, the only fool-proof solution is to manually apply them yourself. The one failing of macros is that they can’t actually think for you. So to ease that process, I like to shove all DOTs and things like that into their own macro, and then use a separate macro for the main rotation. Here’s my take on Shadow Priests.

Talents for this are: 1,3,1,2,2,3,1

NOTE: The artifact weapon ability Void Torrent is not in these macros and you will need to activate it yourself. My reasoning behind this is as follows:
You will notice in the macro that Mind Flay/Mind Sear and Vampiric Embrace both have the [nochanneling] modifier, while the rest of the spells do not. This is because it is more beneficial for your DPS to interrupt Mind Flay/Sear ASAP when Mind Blast or SW: Death is off cooldown or you have enough Insanity to cast Void Eruption (and also you don’t want to keep recasting Mind Flay/Sear after one tick, that’s just a waste of GCDs). It’s just as important to NOT interrupt the channeling of Void Torrent. My solution for the contradiction is to just not have Void Torrent in the macro and to cast it when you notice that you’ve gone into Voidform. If you want the macro to include Void Torrent to ease casting and reduce needed buttons, you could just add the [nochanneling] modifier in front of every spell.

USAGE:

Single Target: Spam DOT macro on target until both DOTs are applied. Spam ST macro until you win.

Multiple Target: Spam DOT macro on all targets until DOTs are applied to all targets. Spam MT macro on primary target until you win.

MACROS:

Here’s the DOT macro:

Sequences['ShadowDOTs'] = {
specID = 258,
author = "Renic – Moon Guard",
helpTxt = "1312231",
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
'/castsequence reset=target [nochanneling] Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

Here’s the Single Target macro:

Sequences['ShadowST'] = {
specID = 258,
author = "Renic - Moon Guard",
helpTxt = "1312231",
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Void Eruption',
	'/cast Mind Blast',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Vampiric Embrace',
	'/cast Shadow Word: Death',
	'/cast [combat] Mindbender',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Mind Flay',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

Here’s the Multiple Target macro:

Sequences['ShadowMT'] = {
specID = 258,
author = "Renic - Moon Guard",
helpTxt = "1312231",
PreMacro = [[
]],
	'/cast Void Eruption',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Vampiric Embrace',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Mind Bomb',
	'/cast Shadow Word: Death',
	'/cast Mind Blast',
	'/cast [combat] Mindbender',
	'/cast [nochanneling] Mind Sear',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
]],
}

Feedback is apprieciated!

I don’t see void bolt in your macros. Are you using it?

void eruption = vold bolt during void form

:wink:

Thx for these macros, I was looking for something jus like this. I will test it out this week and let you know how it did for me.

Thank you very much for sharing your macros & for the good explanation renik!
They *seems to work very good. *( i just have a GS of 710 with very low amount of haste & crit. ) …Cant wait to see the results with better gear :slight_smile:

I’ve added this line to your macros

'/cast [target=Name] Power Word: Shield',

Edit: Noob-Alert : - Do you use the “dot-macro” on trash also, or at high priority adds only ? … I never PVE as a shado before :slight_smile:

Thx for sharing ! Could anyone with better gear give a feedback please ? I tried it with the old PvP Gear on the dummy (706 GS, high mastery , low haste) and got about 40k Burst & 17k steady after 5 Minutes.
AskMr. Robot Simulation told me i could do 70k Single Target.

Edith : I am sorry for the bad publicity, i figured out, that my mouse doesn’t work correctly and the numbers at Ask.Mr. Robot are BS. With your macro i am very close to the sim. results (elite option).

Gotta say, I love these macros! So far the best available on this site. I’m currently ilvl 844 with 19traits on artifact and I am consistently pushing over 200k with a peak of 350k dps on targets of 6 or more. This is from heroic and mythic dungeons, obviously on low health targets we wont see these numbers. Our guild raids tomorrow so I’ll see how we do and report back. Well done Renic thanks again!

thanks for sharing, amazing

I tested these macros just now and I really do enjoy them. I’m 840 with 16 traits on my artifact weapon and I average at about 165k dps with a burst of 200k dps for single target. I’m finding everything is firing off nicely. Great job.

Think this will deal competitive DPS for a 860+ ilvl Shadow Priest ?

Can some1 tell me how i can add this macro into GS E ? i tried with the import thing but its not working for me
so anyone can explain me how to add a new macro pls cause there no good working one for shadow priest in the existing folders

[quote quote=36867]Can some1 tell me how i can add this macro into GS E ? i tried with the import thing but its not working for me so anyone can explain me how to add a new macro pls cause there no good working one for shadow priest in the existing folders
[/quote]

Just mark the text in the code blocks and copy paste it after you type /gsse… Then press import.

Only mark the text, not the numbers.

yes i know but it doesnt work , so I guess i do something wrong? would u maybe mind to send this macro to me if u are in EU server?

Has anyone tested this with a high ilvl Spriest ?

Renic ?

[quote quote=36788]I tested these macros just now and I really do enjoy them. I’m 840 with 16 traits on my artifact weapon and I average at about 165k dps with a burst of 200k dps for single target. I’m finding everything is firing off nicely. Great job.
[/quote]

Thats odd. My Spriest is ilvl 841 and doing a 2½-3 min test will not get even close to your numbers.

Its not exactly hard to set this up, so can you upload a screenshot that shows a 2½-3 min fight @ skada/recount picture?

Edit : Just tried this on raidfinder Nythrendra… Was a good grp so i decided to use S2M early on. However - i died after 1 minute and 10 seconds because it got out of Voidform. Macro wasnt able to keep me in voidform.

[quote quote=34839]Thank you very much for sharing your macros & for the good explanation renik! They *seems to work very good. *( i just have a GS of 710 with very low amount of haste & crit. ) …Cant wait to see the results with better gear ???
I’ve added this line to your macros
‘/cast [target=Name] Power Word: Shield’,
Edit: Noob-Alert : – Do you use the “dot-macro” on trash also, or at high priority adds only ? … I never PVE as a shado before ???
[/quote]

Where is the best line to add Power Word: Shield ?

Thanks in advance for help me.

Stupid Question how do I test these ? How to add them to GS E Installed i have GS- CORE, GS-DRAIKMACROS, GS-HIGHPERFONAMANCEMACROS, GS-SEQUENCEEDITOR AND GS-SSRMACROS <- WHAT IS THIS ?

@ Gurra, i add it at the first line (above of Void Eruption)…not sure if this is optimal, but it works for me.
@ Jean, take a look at the “How to section”… i am not familiar to GSE, i am still using GS.

These macros still working good currently?