GS RET PALADIN ST/AOE with stance-dance for empowered seals

Okay I just got introduced to gnomesequencer tonight… wow, what an awesome little add-on! I loved Healme’s ret macro from his thread, but for my playstyle I made some changes so I thought I would share (I used his work as the framework though, important to get that across!). I am not claiming this is optimal DPS by any means, but I like the numbers I pull.

1. I don’t like using mods to shift between ST and AOE so I peeled out the AOE to make a separate macro.
  2. I like the Empowered Seals lvl 100 talent because it just feels cool to have two buffs going with 100% uptime with the stance dance.

talents required: x/x/x/x/x/3/1
*** note: if you take “sanctified wrath” you will lose a little uptime on the empowered seal buffs during Avenging Wrath, as the reduced ICD on hammer of wrath causes delays on stance shifting… but it picks back up to 100% uptime once it fades. I usually pick Divine Purpose to avoid this issue ***

basic instruction: if you want to get both empowered seal buffs going, you have to start the fight with either seal of truth or seal of righteousness up. if you shift to seal of light for whatever reason, the assumption I built in here is that you are in an emergency situation that requires you to get some HP (ie PVP). If you want the damage buffs to start coming up again you will have to shift to SoT or SoR again.

Anyway give them a shot if you want to. Just wanted to throw another option out there for you guys.

SINGLE TARGET

Sequences[‘RETPVEST’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
‘/cast Crusader Strike’,
‘/castsequence [stance: 1] Judgment, seal of righteousness’,
‘/castsequence [stance: 2] Judgment, seal of truth’,
‘/cast [stance: 3/4] Judgment’,
‘/cast Exorcism’,
‘/cast Execution Sentence’,

PostMacro = [[

/cast Templar’s Verdict
/cast [combat]Avenging Wrath
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

AOE

Sequences[‘RETPVEAE’] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
‘/cast Hammer of Wrath’,
‘/cast Hammer of the Righteous’,
‘/castsequence [stance: 1] Judgment, seal of righteousness’,
‘/castsequence [stance: 2] Judgment, seal of truth’,
‘/cast [stance: 3/4] Judgment’,
‘/cast Exorcism’,
‘/cast Execution Sentence’,
PostMacro = [[
/cast Divine Storm
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattck
]],
}

Looks interesting. I will try this once I finally get my crappy pally to 100. :slight_smile:

DEAN: I am interested in playing around some with your work, I am still relatively new to palys but heard stance dancing can be effective, (even with the global cooldown from stance swapping?) I do recommend editing your post to include your code using the code button, as I have heard copying and pasting these macro scripts can get screwed up if you just use simple normal forum formatting.

Hi, and thanks alot for this nice macro!

I am very new to all this myself, and newb to all these commands and all…
I did have some small bumps to get it error free at first. I’m not sure why it didn’t work by default for me…Maybe just some issue on my side or otherwise uncommon thing.
For example I had to replace and with
or else it would give error…:S

As ' is what I saw used around the other examples for scripts with GS, I put that in. Then it seemed to work… and pretty nice too from what I tested on a dummy quick outside my garrison atleast, and it kept the seals changed and the different buffs up switching nicely by itself… very nice.

If others have same issue here’s quick copy/paste edit of the code with those characters replaced, which seems to work for me, and no longer give errors on load:

single

Sequences['RETPVEST'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
'/cast Crusader Strike',
'/castsequence [stance: 1] Judgment, seal of righteousness',
'/castsequence [stance: 2] Judgment, seal of truth',
'/cast [stance: 3/4] Judgment',
'/cast Exorcism',
'/cast Execution Sentence',

PostMacro = [[
/cast Templar's Verdict
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattack
]],
}

aoe

Sequences['RETPVEAE'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
step = 1
else
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
]],
'/cast Hammer of Wrath',
'/cast Hammer of the Righteous',
'/castsequence [stance: 1] Judgment, seal of righteousness',
'/castsequence [stance: 2] Judgment, seal of truth',
'/cast [stance: 3/4] Judgment',
'/cast Exorcism',
'/cast Execution Sentence',
PostMacro = [[
/cast Divine Storm
/use [combat]13
/use [combat]14
/startattck
]],
}

Will be fun playing more with this… thanks again to everyone who put down work and mind power and are able to make these (apparently very complex and (to me) weird) pieces of code…

I’ll shortly go try a dungeon or raid with this, maybe…
Would be nice to hear how it works for others as well, and improvements eventually, if any found after more thorough testing.

I just found out about GS myself, and I’m pretty excited about this and what it can do, as exemplified by among others, this addon, this seems very cool and well-made =)

Hope you will continue to do this in the future, as the coding of you ( and many others here! :slight_smile: are very much appreciated by those of us unable to write and test good code like this… I wish I knew what all these commands did, but understanding each one fully, and seeing the larger picture to know how it all works together and all…, seems like learning a whole new programming language or something… seems complex stuff :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Good day and take a good care!
(sorry for my poor english)

Best rgds,

edit: actually, it looks pretty much the same as what you first posted, by the looks of it… but not to me after copying to plain-text file. I guess maybe the forum software caused different formatting, or something, and broke it. Maybe simply use the code-tags when posting it would have made a difference.
Anyway, it’s just those small quote-mark things around the commands in the OP which needed to be replaced, and rest worked as-is for me. Hopefully helped someone else get going with it as well, if also others were prevented by this lil issue:)

It was exactly that Nabhs, not using the code command in these forums to place the code in. It has been mentioned multiple times in multiple threads that code listings must be pasted into the code windows this forum offers. Thanks for fixing it Nabhs I will now play around with the working macro.

I will play around with this and see if a Macroed Empowered Seals beats out the default choice of Final Verdict.

Good joob with this macro, however what i must do to add another seal in this rotation … i guess it will work nice in PvP with 3 seals :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice MACRO it works really well.

Macro working well, however I want to include Holy Avenger, I tried adding /cast [combat]Holy Avenger just below the Avenging Wrath line and I cannot get it to fire. I’m new to GS so I could use some help. Thanks.

What if you wanted to use all 4 seals?

Hello!

The macro no work in Gnome Sequencer? This no working to me, maybe “[stance: x/x]”? some tip? Thanks for awesome work!

what glyphs you using ?

Also can you post ur ivl and what dps u avg in both raids and solo? much appreciated

Does this macro take into account Divine Crusader proc ?