GSE 3.0 Revert Editor

Backing up what hardCORE said here, my BM macro that ive used forever now is completely broken as of this update. I have been doing everything I can to try and fix it. This UI is a mess, even after reading over the wiki.

1 Like

This simply may be the end of my wow career. Due to a an accident, I dont have good use of my left hand, i counted on this addon to help pick up the slack. I simply cannot move my hand the way i need to for rotations to work properly. If this doesnt get reverted, that basically seals my fate and im stuck

1 Like

I generally thought that “loop” was meant for “premacro” and “postmacro”, going through the “sequence” and number of “loops” before it went to “premacro” and “postmacro” but now they don’t exist, what’s the point in loop?

In your case I believe you would make the loop and then put lighting bolt outside it. This is still possible.
It would do your loop for however many times you set it to loop it then fire off whatever you have outside it once it finished looping.

1 Like

Yeah i see that happening now! THANKS FOR THE HELP

Hopefully elvui can up there game and fix the shitty skin it does to the editor because it would of been easier to read if I could see each block properly

1 Like

I definitely think it takes longer to make the macros because each line is split into blocks but it also does allow much more flexibility. Everything that was possible before is still possible now it will just take some time to learn how it works and get used to it.

2 Likes

Kalel90 i agree, i used gnomesequencer when it was .lua based and you had to reloadui everychange,
I agree its alot harder to use now, especially if your new to this

GL

Is there anychance you understand and can explain better how to use a loop inside a loop please?
Im looking to build my first opener this way to see if it works

I haven’t experimented with that yet so I am not sure.

Wrong, theres the loop as the old one ( Block Type: Loop ) and u can choose from there.

Cheers.

I can only see positivity in this new change. You cant use the old macros because they dont work in new.
But its super easy to fix if you just look into how it works. This way makes atleast the macro MMA made for BM Hunters to work much better and flawless.
Best regards

1 Like

guys take 10 mins and learn how to use 3.0
 literally EVERY feature GSE 2 has, 3 also has!
People dont like change, is the problem. Put your pitchforks away and take the time your using to flip out in a post and use that time to actually learn to use the updated addon.

Not trying to be an ass, or call anyone out but it literally took me 5 minutes to fix a broken imported macro.

2 Likes

The biggest problem i encountered, all my macros are gone, including all the time i spent making them work for me. I cant even go back, just means i have to spend much more time than i have to redo it all. Im excited for the GSE3, at the same time i dont think it was the right time to release it. Curseforge auto updated and just missing all my macros now not sure where to look for em.

^^^This

Also, people should be using WowUp to update their Addons because:

1. It creates a BACKUP of all Addons, incase, ya know, things get corrupted or borked.
  2. It updates all of your Addons. Yep. Yes it does.

Or if you think that Addon updaters are the voodoo; why not just make a backup occasionally for yourself of the Interface AND/OR the WTF folders
incase, ya know, things get corrupted or borked.

Thinking progressively is sometimes far too hard for some others

1 Like

Was told on GitHub that this what the stakeholders wanted. This isn’t a plugin for the everyday players, is for either those competing or I wouldn’t be surprised if they start charging for premade macros.

Below is my reply to their post saying they aren’t going back because of what stakeholders decided.

Could sum this up with a few sentences.

For Users: Appreciate what you had before this plugin became “a stakeholder plugin” as it was now presented. This plugin might recover in time but for now, is either a tool for only the top competitors in the game that take part in championships or is an opportunity for someone else to make another similar plugin. This plugin isn’t anymore for the millions of users that spend only a few hours a day/week that want to enjoy what the game developers created story-wise and get a random PVP. Show appreciation for something that saved you time and brought you help and just move away from this plugin and test other ones.

For the Developer: I truly hear you and coding this over the few years has brought joy but you need to face it that maybe wasn’t the time for this. There are always compromises to keep a balance, the drag and drop should be a tool to drag the spells to create a spells order for example rather than typing with a simple/advanced feature to then add the extra lines one needs. Another option is to make the old interface have each line of spells read the macro the way the new version of the plugin is supposed to make it read. Yes, you did well for a long time and we thank you, but yes, do listen to people that use and that make the plugin worth it for the stakeholders because the fewer people use the less will be worth keeping. There is always competition at some corner, listen before it’s too late.

I am one of those that think going forward is needed but don’t try to reinvent the wheel, just improve it. Thank you again for all the help over the years but it is time to see the good, practical change on this new version or people need to move away from GSE.

We understand the need for progress but is this plugin made for the many or for the few?
Pick your answer, what would be easier?

• Old type interface input style
  • New interface input style

0 voters

Hello, sorry if my English is a bit bad or rough, it is not my primary language
The update of the addon brings us new possibilities in the editing of macros, it still preserves all the sequence and priority functions if you have a problem with your sequences, it is because the editor still does not translate the instructions from version 2 to version 3 well, But if you take some time to understand the way in which functions are now added and the possibility of adding sequences within new sequences offers better alternatives for creating macros. It is my personal opinion. I hope not to offend or bother anyone with this comment.

This isn’t a many or few issue lol. Literally everything that was possible in gse2 is still possible now. It takes just a few minutes of actively learning it to get the gist of it. You are trying to say there’s an issue that just doesn’t exist.

3 Likes

again, take all this energy and spend it on learning the new system, its does EVERYTHING the old does.
It takes all of 10 minutes to figure out how it works, assuming you understood how GSE 2 worked to begin with, which most didnt, hence the mass confusion because lil johny cant just import someone elses macro and expect it to work (until they are updated)

Sorry but help yourselves, read the and learn GSE 3. Its been warned now for almost 6 months that this change was coming.

Learn how to use it, Learn how to make your macros, Learn how it works and functions, and learn how to fix old macros you import.

Im not saying GSE 3 is perfect. It has its bugs, but functionality wise you can do everything with it EXACTLY as GSE 2 did. The problem isnt the addon, the author, or the update/change. The problem is people dont like change. Read up on it, learn how to use it or move on from it.

2 Likes

While harsh, this is true. There were A LOT of bad macros here because people did not understand how gse worked at all. GSE 3 in the end will force people to learn exactly how their macros work and thereby cause better macros to be created.

3 Likes