GSE and Healing

So I’ve never played a healer in my +10 years of playing the game and lately I’ve been getting bored and I think healing would be a perfect way to freshen the game back up for me, maybe not. but with that said is there any decent GSE healing macros? and if so how do they usually work? are they just a hold button and mouse over type of thing? any input and suggestions would be appreciated.

what class do you want to play. from there we can tell you what macros might work for you. i am currently testing a druid healing one myself.

1 Like

Any healing class tbh. well any of them that are easier to be used with GSE. I’m not really sure how a gse macro would even work with healing. Really any class that closely resembles a DPS I think I would really enjoy but then again I don’t know. Thanks for feedback

i see most Healing Macros are cursor bound, so you put your cursor on the template of the person you want to heal and the macro will cast spells at him/her to heal them.

1 Like

Ok so that was what I was kind of thinking, Like just hold the macro down and then just mouse over who ever needs the healing? seems like it wouldn’t be to bad. What all Healers do damage to heal? I was thinking the monk was like that but like I said never touched a healer lol always thought it would be to stressful.

To answer some of your questions, and these answers are based on my own experience of play:

1. …is there any decent GSE healing macros?” – Yes, the Glimmerdin macro in Holy is great for melee pally healing, and there is one for ranged pally healing that is also spectacular, but the name escapes me.
  2. …how do they usually work?” – You can assing the macro to a button and spam it manually, as needed. You can use AHK, or your mouse software, and have the macro spam on it own, automatically. You can assign the macro to your mousewheel and scroll it. But, keep in mind, while the macro is being used, you have to mouseover your healing target for direct healing, or you can just leave the mouse pointer out the open for just broad, general aoe heals. This also answers your next question about “hold the button and mouseover”.
1 Like

Awesome thanks, I was thinking they were probably mouseovers ty for the info

1 Like

Personally I found using the mod Clique was a far easier solution to heal with than trying to macro a healer. The exception would have to be holy pally and disc priest but I just couldn’t get my head around them: I was a holy pally in Vanilla and then never looked at that again. I levelled a priest instead of I wanted a healer.

1 Like

Yeah Im having a tough time trying to get use to the mouseover deal haha so Ill probably end up going back to my DPS and tanking haha, so Wotlk is coming, I know you were a fan @TimothyLuke ! you excited? got a class and spec picked out? cheers P.S. Im loving the new GSE! coming into the macro community right towards the end of the old gse and the new GSE I will have to say the new one seems a lot easier for me to wrap my head around and edit my own. I’m getting there haha, the more I try to write my own through trial and error the more I learn daily so thanks for all the hard work bro.

The ones I’ve honestly found the easiest to use are resto shaman and holy polly. holy pally is insanely easy if you don’t mind being a sort of “tank healer” type that can float around and spray clumps of players with Light of Dawn (it’s a frontal aoe cone heal). Resto shaman is really nice also if you use Elfyau’s Resto shaman macro. I can’t remember the name of the holy pally one, but I wanna say it starts with something like “H_” (that’s H with an underscore directly next to it, then it has more writing, and ends with underscore H, or _H). As for disc priest? I can’t figure out how to heal with it, but solo play is nice with it. keeps you healed with dps output.

1 Like

I appreciate the info I really do! I’ve decided healing really isn’t for me haha, I enjoy running High Keys and I think if I was to try to heal in that kind of environment I would turn grey more so than I already am from the stress haha My boots have been on the ground and it wasn’t as stressful as trying to be a healer in World of Warcraft XD it takes a special kind of person to main a healer and I give them the up most respect haha.

Here’s a little something I played around with: there’s a Battle Shaman Resto build on Icy Veins that’s really fun, imo.

1 Like

Resto battle shaman?? I’m going to go look, but in the meantime, can you link it if you have it on hand? I’d love to take a look at it. Leutechi would be the only one i know that could probagbly macro it, since he writes his macros to basically cover all talents, and that’s all i meant by that. He just macros in ever talent possibility. Not saying it would be great, lol, but it would get the job done until someone felt like macroing it properlike. XD

1 Like

Thanks for sharing bro INC Resto Shammy Low lvl pvp twink XD

Yeah, very fun to play as I mainly did WQ’s, dallies, Torghast and a few Dungeons.