GSE help. one character doesnt work

gse works on all of my characters except one. no idea why. i uninstalled and re installed, deleted character file, the gse.lau but this one character wont work…

it will target something though. just doesnt cast anything. any help?

On that one character run /gse forceclean then log out and log in. Note it has to be a log ut and login not a /reload.

You have a corrupt macro that is breaking that character.

i tried the command a lot of times. i tried to import new ones and its still not working. i try to import a macro and says to replace and such but isnt showing in my list of macros.

@zombies The only time macros didn’t show up for me when imported, is when I have maxed out the total amount of macros across my account. Make sure to delete 1-2 older macros that you aren’t using on any of your characters and maybe it will work then. Good luck!

didnt work. now ic ant see macros for some toons but then i import and it asks to replace. so i cant use gse on a druid, and now some of the other toons dont see the macros now. i dont know what to do. tried gse forceclean and nadda. tried deleting macros, now some toons dont have anything showing.

OK i fixed it. just did it a bunch of times. i got it ty guys for the prompt help. love the gse addon!

1 Like

im getting spam in the chat window, says stuff like lft click false, or shift false or something. like 10 lines, i cant figure what setting to turn that off. lol

I’ve done it about 20 times now and it won’t fire with my DH… All my other toons not a problem.

See my previous comment: GSE help. one character doesnt work - #2 by TimothyLuke

yep done it as per the comment and still won’t fire

Is it not firing or not importing? This thread was about not being able to import or save.

If its not firing then i would be looking at ActionButtonKeyDown or ActionButtonKeyUp and Why this matters Macro Cycling not firing · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

yeah won’t import, save or fire. And it’s only on one toon.

One of the macros you have on that character is corrupted. If the force clean is. It working then you need to identify the classid via /gse showspec and then try a /run GSE3Storage[classid] ={} which is what the /gse forceclean does and then this is extremely important you need to log out and log back in. If you do a /reload or a alt-F4 this won’t work - it has to be a log out and back in.

Following that you will need to fill in and supply your GSE.lua to the bug link via GutHub. Posting here that it doesn’t work gets generic responses. If you actually want it looked at in detail you need to supply detail and that requires using GSE’s official support process and official site. This site is about Macros not GSE support.

My general rule of thumb. If it’s not important enough for someone to submit a bug report including the information asked for in the template then it’s generally not worth me spending 15-40 hours trying to reproduce and solve the problem.

no worries… As it’s the only macro I am using on that particular character, I’ll submit the form. it’s odd that it worked one day and then just stopped, but appreciate the help in sorting it out.