GSE LVL110 Vengeance 2 Versions

Hello all,

I have been using this macro since started to level up. I left some cooldowns outside of it since is a waste if they go off all the time. The cooldowns are Fel Devastation for AOE and Metamorphosis whenever I get low on health or want some extra pain to spent.

I just hit earlier for 1 million DPS in AOE on Black Rock Hold dungeon killing some spiders. I barely have to get healed even on mythic dungeons with item lvl 855 and have soloed a few bosses after players have died.

Have fun and don’t forget to alternate Infernal Strike and Sigil of Flame to keep the damage over time up always, I usually try to refresh it whenever is like almost 2 seconds to fall off. But sometimes I double use the Infernal Strike if I know that they will die sooner and no AOE needed after.

I just spam the key as fast as I can :slight_smile:

*Can hold a modifier key like Alt, Ctrl, etc. for Throw Glaive.

Sequences['Violet-Veng'] = {
  Author="Violetita@Quel'dorei",  
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "2,1,2,1,1,1,1",
  Help = "Can hold a modifier key like Alt, Ctrl, etc. for Throw Glaive. Apply manually (DoT) Infernal Strike and Sigil of Flame.",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy  [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence [mod, nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Soul Carver",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Soul Cleave",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Shear",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Demon Spikes",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Fiery Brand",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Empower Wards",
      },
    },
  },
}

This other version is for those with Soul Barrier talent:
*(Spirit Bomb in between if you have the talent).

Sequences['Violet-Veng-Alt'] = {
  Author="Violetita@Quel'dorei",  
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "2,1,2,3,1,1,3",
  Help = "Can hold a modifier key like Alt, Ctrl, etc. for Throw Glaive. Apply manually (DoT) Infernal Strike and Sigil of Flame.",
  Default=1,
  Icon='INV_MISC_QUESTIONMARK',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy  [noharm][dead]",
        "/castsequence [mod, nochanneling] Throw Glaive",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Immolation Aura",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Soul Carver",
        "/castsequence reset=10  Soul Cleave, Soul Barrier, Soul Cleave, Soul Cleave",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Shear",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Demon Spikes",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Empower Wards",
        "/cast [combat, nochanneling] Fiery Brand",
      },
    },
  },
}

Thank you! works really good :slight_smile:

Thanks Lutechi!

edit: question … is it possible to have a mouseover for the throw glaive?

What’s the highest mythic+ you’ve achieved with this macro? Trying to see if I should level a vengeance demon hunter or blood dk as far as gse going as high as possible in progression.

@Strokr I told you on Discord but I would have to check into it with @mouseover.

Hello Heffa1,

That I remember the highest mythic+ I have done is (Mythic +4 Maw of Souls) not because is the highest I can do, but because is whenever we could all go in the guild that is the highest someone had and I did fine.

I even solo the last few percentages on Helya because everyone else but the healer and I survived when others took the blow. The healer died when almost done but we pretty much did like half of the fight with no issues and I finished it.

I am trying at this moment with 2-1-2-3-1-3-3 talents but have not done any Mythics yet to tell how it performs. I did a few heroics, normal randoms and pvp just to test adding the shield in the macro as a sequence alternating soul cleave and it didn’t seem too bad. Not a fan of Spirit Bomb requiring a soul fragment, sometimes I hit it too early and waste time because I can’t see well if there are any fragments up as most of the time they fly on different ways and soul barrier also uses them up.

Hopefully I can figure out if it performs better once I get to play more.

Being that I’m currently tanking raids with my 867 DH in Normal/Heroic EN and Normal ToV so far, I would not recommend keeping Demon Spikes in this macro. That is unless you have no plans on raiding or going into higher end mythic+ dungeons. Demon Spikes should be used on a separate hotkey and when the situation calls for it. Always have at one stack being used and the other waiting just in case $h!t hits the fan. That is really your only physical damage reduction other than Fiery Brand which should be always on CD. I also feel that Soul Cleave needs to be on it’s own. If you include it into a macro, the macro will not really know when to fire it off and if you have 5 stacks it can run through the macro a few times and not fire it off as well. This could lead to heals when you don’t need or want it or not be there for when you need or want it. Keep this on it’s separate key as well.

As far as talents go, I recommend 2,3,2,3,2,1,1.
I prefer Agonizing Flames due to the slight boost to self healing, but it has night AoE and taunting capabilities as well. The added movement speed is just a nice perk. Burning Alive adds a bit more self heals in AoE situations and adds dps, which is necessary if you don’t have a ton of Versitility or Haste, very nice for dungeons that are fast paced. Flame Crash is good for added dps and threat generation. As you mentioned, it also smooths out Sigil of Flame dps by adding two additional to your rotation. Keep in mind that for single target dps Felblade is better than Flame Crash, but I AoE tank a lot in dungeons and trash in raids, so it helps getting the mobs down quicker. Soul Rending is a must once you have your traits for Metamorphosis. You will Metamorphosis more than you might think thanks to traits, so this will help out your healers greatly. Sigil of Chains in my go to utility since it acts like a small DK Gorefiend’s Grasp. If you plan you moves ahead and know the fights, Quickened Sigils is not necessary. Again, since I do AoE tanking and because DH’s have been known to be squishy compared to other tank classes, Fel Devastation is what I will always use. Spirit Bomb is nice, but I found it tedious and annoying. The massive healing you get from Fel Devastation is unmatched by either of the other two talents. Great for an “Oh $h!t!” CD. Finally, you should choose Last Resort as your final talent. This is equal to the Pally bubble trigger on death affect and can be useful in both surviving a fight or getting that very last extra bit of dps.

This NON GS-E (it is GS only) macro below is what I use. It has been altered from another poster on this site and does not include any CDs that should be on separate hotkeys. Depending on the number of mobs I have burst for 1M+ dps, but typically stay about the 500-800k range for AoE. ST dps, unfortunately, varies depending on the fight. I was hitting 103k average of five pulls at 8min. each on Normal ToV Odyn. This is a very high movement fight after the first two mini bosses go down. On the raider’s training dummy, I’m hitting about 127k dps constant with and initial boost of over 280-300k. I will play with other talent combos to see if any improvements can be done.

This macro builds Soul Cleave in between 3-5 stack easily, fire off manually for best healing results.

--Vengeance Demon Hunter
Sequences["LegionDH"] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],
"/cast !Shear",
"/cast !Immolation Aura",
"/cast !Soul Carver",
"/cast [Talent:3/3] !Fel Eruption",
"/cast [Talent:3/1] !Felblade",
PostMacro = [[
/cast Immolation Aura
/cast Fiery Brand
/cast [Talent:3/3] Fel Eruption
/cast [Talent:3/1] Felblade
/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

G34R4DD1CT - Can you make it a GS-E aswell ?

I didnt use the normal GS version, so i have no idea how it works.

IF i copy paste your stuff in GS-E, im getting some errors. But im interested in testing what you got.

Demon hunter class hall tank demon to 70 stacks wow.

[quote quote=36805]G34R4DD1CT – Can you make it a GS-E aswell ?
I didnt use the normal GS version, so i have no idea how it works.
IF i copy paste your stuff in GS-E, im getting some errors. But im interested in testing what you got.
[/quote]

Just incase anyone needs this. Not sure abou the sequence portion.

Sequences['DH_Legion'] = {
-- This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.1.04.
  Author="Riverwater@Area 52",
  SpecID=581,
  Talents = "2323211",
  Helplink = "https://wowlazymacros.com",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Sequential",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
        "/console Sound_EnableSFX 0",
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
        "/cast !Shear",
        "/cast !Immolation Aura",
        "/cast !Soul Carver",
        "/cast talent 3/3 Fel Eruption",
        "/cast talent 3/1 Felblade",
      PostMacro={
        "/cast Immolation Aura",
        "/cast Fiery Brand",
        "/cast [Talent:3/3] Fel Eruption",
        "/cast [Talent:3/1] Felblade",
        "/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()",
        "/console Sound_EnableSFX 1",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

i have tested every single macro for pve in here and this by far is far superior to anything here

Take out fiery brand and replace it with a infernal strike @ player

Yes the dps is low But who cares your a tank This has survived much further then all the macros placed here.

Your job is to stay alive as long as you can im so sick and tired of hearing ppl say omg your dps is to low for a tank.

I absolutely love this macro, many thanks to you Lutechi!!! Its a day and night experience to my dk…i think i change to this one :slight_smile: