GSE Pause / Wait: Stop Wasting Multi Charges Abilities

Hi guys. I’am new here. Can’t figure out what I’am doing wrong.

When I test pause on dummy, first time I run macro it works flawlessly, but when I stop spam and start again it works one time and them paused spell will never be casted.

Macro starting to work as intended only if I change and save it, but only for one spam session. Stop and start and then 1 cast and silence.

If I spam only “paused” macro it works always, no matter if I stop and start spam. But after bug occurs even spammin only that macro cast it one time and halt forever.

Main test macro:

b4vmErLxofJxtrvrtrLxojJxu51uufgBL5gDZ51uXitmYitmX41uevMzHvhB05LtX41utbxzJLerE5Kn241ubvhDO9MCEn1sHjxzSLMBHberLzwAHnNFGjKCVrhALjhAV9gzEnvtHnMCVzvzYnxAV52CErLxofJxu5LtX41uVmwyZrNFGT1yV1MyHrxx(bMm3uZn3KJxojJxt9YyHnhD(b2wJ9wBIfgDD5hyZetoZuJxonJxt9YyHnhD(bwnZuto141uq92C01uyJj3BErLx051ulvwEqjxzZnNxu5LtX41uVmgBPn2A(b2upj1xX4fDEn1u0vgCgvNBJrxAV5MxtnvzXvxzUrxAHXMxtbLCL1uyJj3BErLx051ulvwEsvgBLf2CL5fvErNx05fDEnvtH5wDHXwsUrxzYzxzUrxAV5Mxc5fDErNxEb
TEST
Talents 1212211

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.5.4.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

KeyPress: Contains various utility functions.

Main Sequence: Judgment, Avenger’s Shield, Hammer of the Righteous

Pause macro:

deZybaWssLTrkMPuXSvQBQO(LuQBtvv7uf7f2nk7xj(PKs)vsLFtyGssgkQQbRidxbhusQJrLJlPQfsQAPkPfRslNONISmu55IAIuvMQitwQQPlCzkxNQSrjfBvsyZsL2oQsFwkAKuv5WQA0KspwItIQ4AsIonjNxkzysvETc9mPWWHeooquTR15WHdjqPFBSidYX544Coq(SUV3oWXbQAVqRqcs3lTTI9v5Z6Q(8YKEPi0AsTcrFq0Gv4XhoA0aA(lsrfMmReSms44qchhO2Lphltv2qtVE4WbQDzRkJltdVx2wMAaQJqm0r5VkabkjvSrlC4cYp77JlOJvgXfKEBh4cAvXA6WfeFroM)IuGecqRkwtoCbrHnuJhRekbdez17zSq9Bq6SwR22(SHecqjPInAbhUG4lT5VifiHaKoRfFPLZiHabcqZpZ738WctYRXcLGb9iqaa
SOR_1
Talents 1212211

This macro contains 1 macro version. This Sequence was exported from GSE 2.5.4.

Macro Version 1

Step Function: Sequential

Main Sequence: Shield of the Righteous

UPD: deleted addon and LUA files, bug still exists
UPD2: purged whole WTF folder. Still have that bug.

Hi Novarchibald,

You are probably experiencing what I mentioned a few posts above. The abilities are probably sharing the same global cool down therefore it’s either sometimes 1 may win over another one or sometimes it won’t cast at all because they are competing for the same spot and the pause macro will keep getting skipped or blocked.

Try a different pause time or fractions of seconds and maybe might be able to find the sweet spot without getting skipped.

Worst scenario is to go back to long cast sequence with fillers so it always works.

HI, thanks for reply.

Just tested it after some time and looks like that bug is gone. Don’t changed macroses, or reload, or relog, just gone afk and smoked. Dunno. Now it’s working as it should.

About same GCD, I’am using Shield of the Righteous it have it’s own GCD, like demons jump in video.

Generally speaking, you should not cast more than 2 Cobra Shots in between Kill Commands. 2 is the sweet spot where you are spending as much Focus as you are generating, while also not wasting the cooldown reduction on Kill Command.

With this option, you cast 5+ between it.

So as you are saying, i have to see what works best for me, in all then this is a sollution wich could work, but adds only more variables to the enviroment wich is already heavy depending on “luck”.

I still dont c the benefit from it as a hunter. On a fire mage of shaman, the double use abilities, i understand, this i can not.

It’s not just that.
It seems this post has been 'hijacked", if you will, on the Cobra Shot and hunters in general.

It is as you say beneficial to more than one class. Just at the moment there are few examples of using these technique. I only just discovered today we can call other macros from within the main macro using Modifiers thanks to Lutechi’s Fire mage Macro.

So adding that to pauses and waits will greatly improve things. Lock shards for instance. This open up a nice new vista of possibilities for many classes :wink:

1 Like

Do you have your macro posted? I would love to see it, assuming its a hunter macro.

could we use a trinket in a pause macro

Hello @Andrew_Fox,

Yes, of course you can!

However if they are in cooldown at the time you start the macro, the timing would be off.

If you want to put a delay when to fire off the trinkets, just reverse the order.

Example if you want the first trinket to go off 10 seconds after the initial click and if they are not in cooldown (sometimes you can only use 1 trinket at a time and it has a cooldown to use the other one next):

/click pause 10
/use 13
/click pause 30
/use 14
1 Like

i was more so looking at razor coral trinket. So once to apply then pause then use after buff builds up Thank you

1 Like

does this work with AHK (auto hot key)?edit : nvm yes it does… love this

1 Like

very well explained

I thank you for taking the time to discover this function.

I hope everything goes well for you and have a good day friend

1 Like

I’m trying really hard to get this to work with Death Knight’s Outbreak ability. Anyone try it and get it to refresh with like 1 sec left of the dot?

I know I am necro-ing an old thread, but I wanted to pitch out there a discovery I had with pause. I couldn’t find this mentioned elsewhere.

Lutechi’s example works well because Infernal Strike is NOT on the GCD. Let me explain.

When I first thought this, this seemed like a no brainer for any Buff/Debuff to refresh on a regular interval. For example, BM has Barbed Shot, why can’t I do this here.
i.e. Create a Sequential Macro, let’s call it BARB_REFRESH:
/cast Barbed Shot
/click pause 6.5
Next, from your main 1-button macro, put at the top of your KeyPress:
/click BARB_REFRESH

Well, as you probably guess, this doesn’t work. At first this was remarkably puzzling, because if you use the BARB_REFRESH by itself, it works awesome, yet when its put inside another macro, not so-much. So what gives?

I have a guess. See your normal 1-button macros is probably busy doing all sorts of stuff, particularly casting abilities on the GCD. So, what is most likely happening is the BARB_REFRESH, although working reliably when it is the only macro running, you are hoping that one click (for example if you are running at 100 ms) out of 66 (i.e. 65 for the pause, and 1 for the Barbed Shot cast) you are not GCD locked. When it hits Barbed Shot, if you are on the GCD, the line get skipped and your move right back into pause.

I don’t really see away around this one if its your intention to try to use pause to “prioritize” a timed refresh that is on the GCD.

Feel free to correct me if somebody has another explanation.

1 Like

Hello Cass,

Yes, you are not wrong.

It will be accurate with off the global cooldown abilities only.

Any other GCD will be random and not accurate, at this point might as well put them in the macro somewhere.

Hello, I know post is old but had a question? can u have more than one pause macro in a main macro as long as they have a different pause time? for example if your doing unholy dk and made one for outbreak paused for 25, one for festering strike paused for 29, and soul reaper paused at 6. and do they need to be in keypress section only? thank you for any info and have a great day

Hi Kenny,

If you mean import another macro with a delay yes.

However, there is a catch. Global Cool Downs (GCD).

All those abilities that you mentioned share a GCD, meaning they will be competing with other abilities and most likely will never fire off as the main macro would most likely take priority over the imports or whichever it picks.

Now if they were all Off the GCD then they would fire off perfectly all the time, but in your case, they can’t. At this point if they were off the GCD then might not need to import them as most likely they might have their own cooldown and you can stuff them all in the keyrelease and be happy going off as soon they are available. But if they have charges then is the purpose of this post to delay them.

Is there an updated list somewhere of skills that are NOT on the GCD? I’m specifically looking for Havoc Demon Hunter skills.

Hi Lutech,
Thank you for getting back so fast and letting me know, so ones with gcd not good but ones not on a gcd would be good to go or ones that have stacks are good was watching earlier had a lot good info. have a great day!

1 Like

there are non for the dh:

1 Like