GSE Priority is circling through all spells

Hi guys,
I tried this addon for my fury warrior and made a simple test priority list with 5 spells. I thought the addon would try to cast [1, 1 2, 1 2 3, etc.] but it circles through the spells while spamming the key and activates the one where it is when the GCD is done. For example: the icon shows spell 4, but 1 and 2 are ready, it still casts spell 4. Another problem I have is when 1, 2, 3 and 4 arent ready, I have to circle through all of these by pressing the button to get to 5 what makes me loose damage.

hello, Dane_Wayne unfortunately I have the same problem as you since I don’t know how long I’ve been trying everything but it seems there is no way to solve it at least for me. I myself playing hunter I made a very simple macro that should be effective to the maximum and often skips the spell or doesn’t activate it at all. I’ve been asked several times how to do it but it seems that no one answers or at least they answer differently from the question.
It has been said that if you use priority list (1-12-123-1234- etc) the macro should work like this in fact spell 1 then spell 1 and 2 and so on making sure you respect the written lines. but it’s often like you say it skips even if line 1 or 2 could be launched. I really don’t know how to solve it you think it’s a problem of inaccuracy addon in the execution of scripts or something but I really don’t know. if someone knows how to do it, come on and say it.
example very banal but of maximum effectiveness.
hunter beast mastery perfect rotation for maximum dps is
always barbed shot up
cd kill command
filler cobra shot stop
then writing
/cast barbed shot
/cast kill command
/cast cobra shot
Using the priority list you should perform the rotation perfectly and instead it skips or is slow and you lose dps.
I really hope that someone can help you solve it because the macros are really nice and make the game much more fun.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

If it’s skipping spells/abilities and you’re using AHK, Razer, Corsair software, etc. try lowering your ms at which it spams the key.

GSE CANNOT perform a perfect set rotation for you because if it did EVERYONE would be using it.

1 Like

AS mentioned here Home · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub Priority is not and can’t be true priority it is however mathematical probability. If you have a 7 line macro it will try line 1 7 times before it tries line 7 once.

Each click GSE advances irrespective of whether the attempted line succeeds or fails. In order for GSE to run it can’t see success or failure so in Priority mode it gives more chances to the top lines to be the spells cast than the ones lower down.

Now what you are also experiencing is that because you are spamming you can’t predict what the macro is doing. If you slow down your MS it will become more predictable.

1 Like