GSE2 and 7.3

GSE will need an update to work with 7.3 this is due to API changes that affect some of the lower level libraries. The functionality that breaks is the GUI and importing macros.

You can use GSE2 on the PTR but you will also need to install the Alpha Ace3 libraries from Curse manually as a separate mod.

These are the features in development for 7.3 Im expecting 7.3 at the end of August.

#335 Start line in sequence as – to mark inline Comment in the Macro
Example:

KeyPress={
        "-- KeyPress Comment about why i have the next line",
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
      },
      PreMacro = {
        "-- get the character to say hello once at the start of the macro.",
        "/say hello"
      },

#331 See who else is using GSE when in a group
GSE Has an LDB module. This module only gave shortcuts to the GSE Editor and the Debugger. Now this will show who else in a group is running GSE.

#321 Maintain and View the Out of Combat Queue

The Out of Combat Queue is a significant piece of behinds the scenes trickery. It may also be related to why some people are unable to import macros. The OOCQueue works by queueing up all changes to macros that need to be done out of combat and adding a check that you are out of combat before proceeding. You are unable to change buttons in combat which is why when you login and are flagged for combat GSE doesn’t work until you get out of combat.

This change will let you view the queue and take actions out as well as pause and monitor if the queue is running or not via the LDB plugin.

#329 API updates to match changes from 7.3
The usual changes that Blizzard makes to the API

Just a reminder that there will be a 2.1.05 hitting the server tomorrow when the 7.3 patch hits. This will be needed for all GSE2 users as the underlying API has changed and the current version wont work.

Ohh shit. A lot of more problem for old me.

thanks for the Update!.. Your work is very appreciated… i could’nt be playing at the level i play without it…

edit i wont sign for any raids in case of patch day issues, thanks again

Where are the alpha ace3 libraries on curse? I can only find normal ace3

I looked for it too… cant find it.

There was a day 1 problem with transmission in groups - This is fixed in 2.1.06

Message: …uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:21: Usage: PlaySound(soundKitID, optional[“SFX”,“Music”,“Ambience”, “Dialog” or “Master”], [forceNoDuplicates, runFinishCallback])
Time: 08/30/17 10:23:47
Count: 1
Stack: …uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:21: Usage: PlaySound(soundKitID, optional[“SFX”,“Music”,“Ambience”, “Dialog” or “Master”], [forceNoDuplicates, runFinishCallback])
[C]: ?
…uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:21: in function <…uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:19>

Locals:

Your WeakAuras needs to be updated. This error has nothing to do with GSE.

Mate WeakAuras REmove Again Error

Yep - and you will need to keep removing them. Its not a GSE problem. You have old Ace3 libraries. GSE depends on Ace3. Ace3 was broken by the API changes in the last patch and all mods that use it have to be updated.

The way Ace3 works is all mods use the same version and the first one loaded is the one that’s used. You have out of date mods that include Ace3. I cant fix every mod by every other author.

Read the below.

Message: …uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:21: Usage: PlaySound(soundKitID, optional[“SFX”,”Music”,”Ambience”, “Dialog” or “Master”], [forceNoDuplicates, runFinishCallback])
Time: 08/30/17 10:23:47
Count: 1
Stack: …uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:21: Usage: PlaySound(soundKitID, optional[“SFX”,”Music”,”Ambience”, “Dialog” or “Master”], [forceNoDuplicates, runFinishCallback])
…uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:21: in function <…uras\Libs\AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:19>

Locals:

Lets start with line 1:
Message: …uras\Libs</strong>AceGUI-3.0\widgets\AceGUIWidget-Button.lua:21: Usage: PlaySound(soundKitID,

See the bit in bold? Its telling you that the Ace3 version that is in use is from a mod that ends with uras. When you disable WeakAuras, this will change to another mod and another mod and another until you have all the broken Ace3 mods disabled.

Alternatively DONT LOAD OUT OF DATE ADDONS

Did the update for GSE2.0 and it’s working fine, but the gold checks for trinkets etc don’t stay ticked and will not fire off trinkets, belts etc in the macros.

@jeremy SOuthard this was reported atbout 12 hours ago. Im still working on a fix. 7.3 changes - trinkets are auto firing and the UI is resetting the overrides · Issue #346 · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler · GitHub

Thanks for all the effort you put in this TimothyLuke, its appreciated :slight_smile:

I have a fix for the Trinket error. I just need to test it. It will be released in about 12 hours.

Any word on if were getting an update for 7.3? at the moment it’s really fucked.

wont save new scripts, cant close the window… ect. (have to close by using /reload)

:’(

[quote quote=53514]Any word on if were getting an update for 7.3? at the moment it’s really fucked.
wont save new scripts, cant close the window… ect. (have to close by using /reload)
:’(
[/quote]

I don’t have any of those issues

hmm then what is the link for the absolute latest version of gse then?
maybe mine is out of date? *shrug