GSE3 -if/Then Blocks coming next few days

In the next few days a new block type is being added to GSE3 - an If/Then/Else block.

This is a container block like loops but provides some if capabilities. This is possible with just a variable which is fine for one or two abilities but not great to manipulate blocks. This has the same API limitations in that it’s not dynamic and can only be tested in combat but it would allow for things like “I’m in the maw please do this instead of what I normally do”.

To use this you would create a variable that returns a true or false value. Then it’s add blocks which could be other loops, repeats, actions for the true or false part states.

4 Likes

If this is what I am imaging it’s going to be really great!
like “if I’m in arena do this else do that” or “if I have pvp talent x then 1 else 2”

Yes. Similar to loops you set a series of blocks as true and a series as false and create a variable that return true or false as the switch

1 Like

1 Like

This is in the current build. Now YOu need to create a variable first that only returns true or false. An example is located at GSE3.0 Block Specification · TimothyLuke/GnomeSequencer-Enhanced Wiki · GitHub

1 Like

Is there anywhere some documentation where i can get all the parameters that i can call inside the boolean variable?

Points to the previous post. It has an example.

You can use anything from WoW’s API that is non situational. Ie anything not related to your health , a proc, your mobs health, your mana etc. The WoW API doc lives here: wow-ui-source/AddOns/Blizzard_APIDocumentation at live · Gethe/wow-ui-source · GitHub