GSSE Banable?

Hi all,
A close friend of mine has just told me he got banned for using GSSE.
He was banned in the last ban wave for using Hounerbuddy,
So I told him to use GSSE like I do.
Now he says he spoke to a GM and they told him that GSSE IS banable?
What gives?
Regards Dave.

Your friend is wrong its not bankable

Banable i mean

You should probably stop using Auto-Hot-Key and/or Logitech/Razer software for rapid pushing of buttons. Remember: 1 button press = 1 action.

[quote quote=37177]You should probably stop using Auto-Hot-Key and/or Logitech/Razer software for rapid pushing of buttons. Remember: 1 button press = 1 action.
[/quote]

I myself do not use Auto-Hot-Key, As far as I know it’s not aloud in WOW,
I do use a Razer Nostromo game pad but have just mapped it’s keys to my keyboard.
As for my friend I know not what else he used.
He said he got banned the second time just using GSSE, So he asked a GM and they told him that GS is banable.
I’m begging to think he is BS’ing me about getting banned with GSSE and was probably using HB again.
Thanks for all the reply’s guys.
Regards Dave.

GS uses the Addon API to do things that you could do without using it. For example:

/macro 1
/macro 2
/macro 3

Could also be done simply as:

/macro 1
/swapactoinbar 1 2

/macro 2
/swapactionbar 2 3

/macro 3
/swapactionbar 3 1

This would swap your action bar from 1 to 2 then 2 to 3 then 3 back to 1 after each press of the key. There is no special thing that is occurring and no logic that is being done. It’s simply swapping your macros out for each other after each button push.

You cant be banned for using an addon that follows the restrictions of Blizzards API.

If they (Blizzard) don’t like how an addon uses that API, they will change it. They have done that multiple times over the years. In the 7.1 patch they removed the range finder API that Deadly Boss Mods uses because they didnt like the way the game played out. In the 2.0 patch they removed the ability for Addons and Macros to access the If/Then/Else construct in combat. They didnt ban all the Decursive or CT_Raid users who had mods that used those parts of the api.

GSE follows the ruleset of one press, one action to the letter. It stays totally within the confines of SecureActionHandler’s sandpit. It uses no 3rd party out of game components like cutsom exe’s, RAM memory scanners/modifiers or remote control software. It uses parts of the Ace3 library which is itself a wow plugin that lives within the same WOW API and is present in about 50% of the mods released.

If your friend was banned a second time it wasn’t for using GSE.

your friend lies, i made a ticket myself and asked a gm, he told me its perfectly 100% legal

I’ll remember that.