Guardian Druid *BfA* - Any Talent Combintation (ADVANCED)

Two reasons: 1) Ironfur is a defensive not a damage spell, and 2) there are situations where Maul should be used to spend Rage instead of Ironfur. I wanted to account for those situations.

The reason I didn’t put Maul in the damage macro - even though technically it is a damage spell - is because it shouldn’t actually be part of the rotation due to the infrequent number of times it gets cast. As such, it ended up in the Utility 2 macro.

If you’re using the WeakAuras with the Macros, I suggest watching the Ironfur and Maul icons more closely. Sometimes Maul will be fully glowing, and other times it will be partially glowing - outlined with a dotted line. The times that it is fully glowing are the situations where Maul should be used to dump Rage; otherwise, Ironfur should be used instead.

I hope this helps explain.

Cheers! :beers:

Sorry i have a NOOB question am i doing something wrong the modifier buttons dont seem to be working for me like the alt and ctrl is there something i need to change?

Usually that means you have them bound to something already. Go thru your WoW keybinds and remove/rebind anything that has ctrl and alt in it and it should work just fine.

okay thank you ill check

okay so my 1-9 buttons with ctrl are bound to pet and i cant disable it any ideas

I had keymod problems before too, and elude to a solution in this post.

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

ok i got most things figured out when im useing the dammage button and hit alt it wont change me to cat, and if im in cat form it puts me back into bear do i need to change something?

It’s probably just my interpretation of what you said (sorry), but the quote above suggests that the macro is not working. Whereas, the quote below suggests that it is:

I would be inclined to say that if it takes you from Cat form to Bear form then the macro and alt key modifier is working properly, but your post confuses me. :confused:

If it works one way (from Cat to Bear), there is no reason it shouldn’t be working the other way (from Bear to Cat).

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

yeah im very bad at explaining… it will not change me to cat form at all i have to manually change it , then i thought while in cat form useing your macro i would be able to use the dps as cat but i cannot… No matter what stance im in it puts me into bear and cycles though bear styles

Your thoughts are correct if you have chosen the Feral Affinity talent.

Oh gawd thats the problem sorry to bother you. Thank you for the help and great macro’s

1 Like

Glad I could help, and I appreciate the positive feedback. :beers:

I have the same issue, i unbound the default key bind of cntrl+s, still did it, i rebound it as cntrl+m which is normaly for the music, and it still does it.

and here is the actual Lua Error:

Message: [string "SetCVar(“Sound_Enable”]:1: unfinished string near ‘’
Time: Sat Mar 7 05:34:56 2020
Count: 37
Stack: [string "SetCVar(“Sound_Enable”]:1: unfinished string near ‘’
[string “=[C]”]: ?
[string “=[C]”]: in function RunScript' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:2177: in function ?’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua”]:4859: in function ChatEdit_ParseText' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:4523: in function ChatEdit_SendText’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua”]:3004: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2997>
[string “=[C]”]: in function RunMacroText' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua"]:441: in function handler’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua”]:632: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:580>
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua”]:266: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:263>

[string “@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua”]:4523: in function ChatEdit_SendText' [string "@Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua"]:3004: in function <Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2997> [string "=[C]"]: in function UseAction’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua”]:345: in function `handler’
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua”]:632: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureTemplates.lua:580>
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua”]:266: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:263>
[string “@Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua”]:296: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:279>
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?

Locals:

the error it sends to chat window is: “Unknown Macro option: channelin”

So the Alt modify key on the damage macro turns me into a tree, and back to a bear. What on earth am I doing wrong? I definitely don’t want to leafweave!

That means you have chosen the Resto affinity talent instead of the Feral affinity talent.

Oh - FACEPALM :smiley: thanks!

I’ve experienced this problem before, but I can’t remember what the solution was. From memory, it was not a problem with the macro - it was a problem with an existing addon. If I had to guess, I either had to remove or update the problematic addon.

Love the macro’s.
Question about the Weak Aura.
Should there be something tracking Thrash and Thrash Stacks?
I don’t see it at all, but perhaps that is covered by your name plates?

Also
How do I change the Pinging noises when, and not sure if the trigger is 40 Energy/Rage or just that Ironfur or Maul are ready to be used. But I can’t seem to find a sound file or a toggle. I like having an alert, but these particular one’s poke me in my soul.

Do these macros work in the current version of WoW? Good to know if they do.

I have an entirely new set of Guardian Druid macros & weakauras that I haven’t had time to share yet - given how frequent Thrash is cast it never donned on me to track it. Having said that, spells like Pulverize will pop when the appropriate number of stacks occur.

To change sounds, open up the weakaura interface (/wa) and adjust the “Play Sound” option within the Action tab.

1 Like

Do you have a special place where you intend on sharing your new WA?