Help me pick a Tank class please?

Ok,
So, i have gotten a little bored playing DPS at the moment. I used to Tank and Heal in Wrath but when i started to play solo i decided to go and pick up DPS to not have the stress and fear that i was responsible for everyone’s life or couldn’t cause enough threat to pick all the mobs up.

However, for this expansion for some reason i have the real itch to try tanking again but i can’t seem to choose WHAT i should play.

My guild at the moment is not into raiding together or even doing dungeons but i want to at least try and change that.
What i am looking for are suggestions of tanks which are good to get into, easy to heal not mess up too much and have fun at the same time and not end up in hospitals emergency wards with a heart attack but i do want to end up doing Mythics/Mythic+ too, which i have never done before.

I currently have 3/4 options open to me at the moment:

Veng DH 110
Prot Warrior 101
Prot Pally 100
DK 100 (Unholy atm)

I don’t mind spending the time to level back to 110 and gearing if needs be.

Any hints?

Hello Cymiryc,

While I am a casual player now and play whenever I can, I really enjoy playing the new Demon Hunter as a tank.

People in heroic dungeons tell me all the time that they barely have to heal me :slight_smile:

I go around doing world quests and grabbing packs of mobs / rares with like 10+ adds at a time included and it’s like they are just tickling me. I saw the other day some couldn’t get me under 99% lol. Choosing the right path of the relics really help and of course the right gear. Can’t imagine those in raiding gear / legendaries.

I’d vote for Prot pally, your a bit squishy until ilvl 800+ but once there they rock pretty hard and are pretty much built to take on large packs.

I know it’s not on your list but bear tank is super fun and you have zero issues leveling as bear. I suggest Raze’s bear macro. I can’t say for the 4 you have listed…never played them.

I actually thought to go with Prot Paladin.

I had heard that for Mythics they were good tanks and that was my eventual aim.

It’s been fun but at times it also feels slow. I see my health drop when i pick up too may mobs but with the self healing and SotR i am not too panicked about it :slight_smile:

[quote quote=34607]I actually thought to go with Prot Paladin.
I had heard that for Mythics they were good tanks and that was my eventual aim.
It’s been fun but at times it also feels slow. I see my health drop when i pick up too may mobs but with the self healing and SotR i am not too panicked about it ???
[/quote]

You haven’t Been using my Macro =p, even if you have SHAMLESS PLUG!

Badass Macro of Badassary

i got bored as well, thats why i picked planes lol