Help w/ very basic GS macro

I’m looking for a macro that just casts Frostbolt unless I’m moving (i.e., I can’t) and then It’ll cast Ice Lance.

I’ve tried this:

Sequences["FrostS"] = {
StepFunction = [[
        limit = limit or 1
        if step == limit then
            limit = limit % #macros + 1
            step = 1
        else
            step = step % #macros + 1
        end
    ]],
PreMacro = [[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    ]],
"/cast frostbolt",
"/cast ice lance",
PostMacro = [[
    ]],
}

but when standing still it just keeps stepping between frostbolt and ice lance (casting ice lance between each frost bolt). Shouldn’t it just cast the highest thing that takes GCDs on the list? I tried adding [nochanneling] to the ice lance line, but it still hates me.

Also, weirdly enough…if I use a straight-up (non GS) macro that says:
/use frostbolt
/use ice lance

it SHOULD get hung up on frostbolt every single time but it doesn’t…it sometimes casts ice lance if I spam my button fast enough. WHAT?

Ok, I figured out why [nochanneling] isn’t doing anything for me. That only works on channeled spells like Blizzard. Channeling and “casting” aren’t the same thing.

But still, what’s with GS?

Hi Jimmy,

If I understand you correctly you want your macro to fire off an Ice Lance, then a Frostbolt, rinse repeat?

Try this:
'/castsequence reset=target/ Ice lance, Frostbolt',

instead of 2 separate lines of casting code. What you are doing is telling the macro to switch between both spells as quickly as possible and of course Ice Lance is going to fire off more because it is instant. By creating a cast sequence you are telling the macro to cast one then the other.

No no, not what I’m looking for.

I’m trying to get it to cast Frostbolt as long as Frostbolt CAN cast, i.e., I’m not moving. If I’m moving, it won’t let me cast Frostbolt so it would cast Ice Lance instead. Assume I’m mashing the button constantly.

Here’s the real crux of my problem; when I’m playing classes with more complicated rotations based on a priority system (think ret pally) the abilities just cast in random order rather than via their priority. Is GS capable of nailing a priority system down for me assuming constant button mashing?