High DPS, multi-purpose BM Macro

Sorry to say it doesn’t work… Got no idea why. Had to revert to the default SAM_BMaoe et unhappily got kicked from the raid because not enough dps…lol

Here is the macro I am using in Nighthold. I am in a 7/7M EN guild and I am usually always in the top 4-5 and #1 on many fights (especially aoe fights) using just this macro. I use a different configuration (talents and macro) for PvP and world quests.

Sequences['GweenBeast'] = {
  Author="Gweenn@Bleeding Hollow",  
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "3113112",
  Default=1,
  Raid=3,
  Mythic=3,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/cast Exhilaration",
        "/cast [combat] Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast [combat] Blood Fury",
        "/cast [combat] Titan's Thunder",
        "/cast [combat] Aspect of the Wild",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [mod] Multi-Shot",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 1; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/cast [combat,pet:Spirit Beast,@player] Spirit Mend",
        "/cast [combat,pet,@player] Roar of Sacrifice",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Kill Command",
        "/cast A Murder of Crows",
      PostMacro={
        "/cast [nogroup] Mend Pet",
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [2] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Exhilaration",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Kill Command",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [3] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Exhilaration",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Kill Command",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
    [4] = {
      KeyPress={
        "/cast Exhilaration",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Kill Command",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
      },
    },
  },
}

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GCRcf9jBzPqKWdXQ#fight=5

That is my logs from last night for those interested.

Also, please note that I use Cobra Shot and Multi-Shot manually based on the situation. Multi-Shot is in the macro and I hold down CTRL to use it and let CTRL go to stop using it. Cobra Shot is used via a normal key press.

Also please not, that although my iLvL is 889, I don’t have the better DPS legendaries or any of the new ones, nor any set bonuses as yet which could change things.

Happy to answer any questions people have.

Gween

Argh, can’t import it…looks great though.
I will keep trying.

Raiding now if you want to watch:

Yes, saw you “Gweenn the Dreamer” just as everyone, but you, wiped.
Whats with the pink crane, lol ?
Nice DPS always in the top five

So essentially you’re runnin this macro, and cobra on single, multi on multi?

[quote quote=41941]So essentially you’re runnin this macro, and cobra on single, multi on multi?
[/quote]

I wouldn’t phrase it the way you have, but I think I would say yes.

I manually use Cobra Shot when I have high focus and when cycling through the Killer Cobra rotation (Cobra Shot, Kill Command).

I press CTRL (my mod key) when I want to use Multi-Shot. When I hold CTRL to use Multi-Shot, the main macro part does not run. So when I hold down CTRL this macro will not cast Kill Command, Dire Beast or A Murder of Crows. However, it will continue to cycle through the PREMACRO part of the macro.

Bearing this in mind, I momentarily hold CTRL to cast a Multi-Shot and release to resume the normal macro function, or I hold down CTRL to spam Multi-Shot for large packs of mobs and momentarily release to cast Dire Beast for the extra focus and AOE damage of Stomp.

hey since the buff to Corba shot have you tried running way of the cobra i found this to be a DPS buff by a long way??

I am not currently using the Mend Pet spell in the macro. When testing, I found that using it in the POSTMACRO section doesn’t work, it will not cast. I really don’t want it in the main macro section because I use the Priority mode and it would reduce the efficiency of the macro even if the spell isn’t cast.

Mainly, I have focused on determine which talents were the best for me right now so I could max my performance in raids. I have that configuration now, so I can turn my attention to how to best incorporate Mend Pet.

in the pre Macro there is a inner loop limit what is yours set at???

What configuration (talents and macro) do you use for questing? You said you use another one for that :slight_smile:

Without using an autokey, How fast are y’all spamming the OP’s macro? I have mine keyed to up/down on mouse wheel and just scroll as fast as i can with the addon TellMeWhen telling me when I’m above 90 focus for cobra shot.

Hi Gweenn,

For the sake of laziness, do you advise putting Cobra Shot in a “/castsequence [combat] Cobra Shot, Cobra Shot” at the bottom after A Murder of Crows. So the rotation look like "Dire Beast; Kill Command; AMoC; Cobra Shot; Kill Command (since it reset during BW); Cobra Shot; Kill Command so on…?

For a complete all in one button I modified your macro Gween to include this instead of your Kill Command line.

"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/reset  Kill Command, Cobra Shot",

Now what exactly does this do heffa?

This would rotate kill command and cobra shot never casting one before the other does. Works for Killing Cobra quite well.

I’ll be using this macro starting on botanist tonight In Heroic Nighthold

I’m still new to the hunter, but don’t we only want to shoot cobra above 90 focus?

From icy-veins.com
The single target rotation for a Beast Mastery Hunter is based on the following priority system.

Cast Titan's Thunder on cooldown and when you have a Dire Beast active on the target. Try to cast it right after casting Dire Beast for maximum benefit.
Use Dire Beast, or Dire Frenzy if you have taken this talent.
Cast Kill Command.
Cast Cobra Shot when you have over 90 Focus.

The most important thing to watch out for is to not Focus starve yourself, such that you do not have enough Focus to cast your abilities on cooldown. This means that you should not always use Cobra Shot as soon as it is available, but rather only use it to prevent yourself from capping on Focus.

[quote quote=42056]From icy-veins.com The single target rotation for a Beast Mastery Hunter is based on the following priority system.
Cast Titan’s Thunder on cooldown and when you have a Dire Beast active on the target. Try to cast it right after casting Dire Beast for maximum benefit. Use Dire Beast, or Dire Frenzy if you have taken this talent. Cast Kill Command. Cast Cobra Shot when you have over 90 Focus.
The most important thing to watch out for is to not Focus starve yourself, such that you do not have enough Focus to cast your abilities on cooldown. This means that you should not always use Cobra Shot as soon as it is available, but rather only use it to prevent yourself from capping on Focus.
[/quote]
And I absolutely agree with you that that is optimal gameplay, I was just providing an option for a pure one button macro that doesnt require any other buttons to be playable. Its also perfect for questing / wq / timewalking etc.