High DPS, multi-purpose BM Macro

Tater, I look forward to try out your modification tonight! I like the full macros.

I got lower DPS using the changed cast sequence… Not sure why but it dropped off about 20-30k for me. It’s just speculation and I could’ve been doing something wrong.

I’ll remove the reset commands and use the one Tater suggested in his newest post
/castsequence [nochanneling] Kill Command, Cobra Shot

The only two things that I think shouldn’t be in the macro and on separate keys, imo, are: Exhilaration-which should be used in an “O Sh!t” situations and Misdirection-as it’s a DPS loss.

How is MD a dps loss?

i imported this and all 4 configurations are the same, is this normal?

@Dinkelmeister:

In a Raid and/or Dungeon scenario it should be used situationally when it’s needed to take aggro off of you and onto your pet or tank(s). We have enough mobility as Hunters to take a mob to the tank(s) and hopefully avoid dying.

And it also uses up an extra button press every 30 seconds which can be used for some more pew pew.

You need MD specifically for Raids… use this and save yourself from standing in some shit.

/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection

Hi quick question this macro is really good. How would i edit it to where i can control Bestial Wrath? do i just go in the 4 boxes and take it out? i want to be able to control it so that if kill command is about to come off cool down it doesn’t do kill command and than wrath so that i don’t waste reducing cool down time of warth

I use a Logitech keyboard with macro keys. I have it set to press the macro every 75 milliseconds. This should vary based on your connection, it might work better for you by reducing that time or increasing that time.

/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/reset Kill Command, Cobra Shot

I have tried this previously, but rejected it. The reason is that it reduces my overall focus and damage for AOE using Multi-Shot. In a non-raid scenario, it works fine where maximizing DPS isn’t as important.

With my gear and damage, stuff dies way too fast to worry about using other configurations. Using a lesser geared hunter, I would go with One with the Pack and Aspect of the Beast just for the simplicity. In my testing, the damage is similar and potentially better for questing. For the macro I add Cobra Shot in. Again, this is only for questing and not for raiding or Mythic+ where higher and more controlled DPS matters more.

I would add Cobra Shot as a separate line item or as a castsequence along with Kill Command. It’s not optimal for raiding, but it works fine for questing.

Misdirection is NOT a DPS loss because it isn’t on the GCD. I checked it again to be sure it didn’t change in the latest patches, but it still works the same. Since it isn’t on the GCD it doesn’t waste any time and is not a DPS loss.

I am not using one.

In my testing Way of the Cobra is not a long time DPS increase. It can be for some single target shorter fights, but for any fights that are longer or have multiple targets (most everything) my DPS is lower. The primary reason is that Cobra Shot is expensive in terms of Focus and you have removed out on of the abilities that generate more focus.

I am not sure I am completely understanding your question here. You could add a [mod] type of modifier so that Bestial Wrath only goes off when you use the mod key you choose, but I frankly would not see any advantage of doing this.

Yes. I am currently not using different macros inside this macro for PvP, RAID and Normal stuff. PArtly because at my gear level, there is simply no real benefit to using a different config for non-RAID because I kill everything so fast anyways. I don’t PvP much, so I haven’t tried to optimize for PvP.

[quote quote=42561]

Yes. I am currently not using different macros inside this macro for PvP, RAID and Normal stuff. PArtly because at my gear level, there is simply no real benefit to using a different config for non-RAID because I kill everything so fast anyways. I don’t PvP much, so I haven’t tried to optimize for PvP.
[/quote]

Thank you for taking the time to reply, i love the idea of how you set this up. granted even with my gear ilv which is very high im still between 370-330 dps …

i guess i need to mico the reset on kill command better with cobra and that might help

also im trying to find teh best way use multi, so far im so focused starve im casting at <1.4 left on beast cleave.

Here’s my logs from Krosus Heroic today and macro used below. All I did was have it bound to mwheeldown and just kept scrolling the whole time. Works really well so far… I have changed talents from WotC to Dire Stable but left blink strikes. That’s given me more single target DPS compared to WotC at least with my current relics/gear. The macro is a mix of Heffa1’s originally posted at My dps rankings for normal and now heroic emerald nightmare. - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros and the macro OP shown in this thread.

My DPS summary
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KRPpqg3Fn8QYchTt#type=summary&amp;source=12&amp;fight=5
Full fight summary
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KRPpqg3Fn8QYchTt#fight=5

Sequences['bm'] = {
  Author="tater",  
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2112112",
  Default=1,
  Icon='ability_hunter_bestialdiscipline',
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
      KeyPress={
        "/targetenemy [noharm][dead]",
        "/petattack [@target,harm]",
        "/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 3; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix",
        "/petautocastoff [group] Growl",
        "/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl",
        "/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Bestial Wrath",
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/castsequence [nochanneling] Kill Command, Cobra Shot",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] A Murder of Crows",
        "/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Titan's Thunder",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/cast [nomod:alt] Aspect of the Wild",
      },
    },
  },
}

im currently using the latest update of gweens macro from this thread. Works great and loving it, only problem i am having is some of the instant abilities such as cobra shot will auto target the next mob over and pull it. This i know has not always been the problem but with this latest xpac seems to be a problem. After some testing i think i have found that the problem lies with the line “/targetenemy [noharm][dead]” from the code. what can i do to change this so it only works on enemies that i target myself.

Take out the /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
should do it

Oops saw you already replied to yourself

No i havent done anything to it yet. just wanted to know if it would still work if i did that. But ty for the input, i will give that a shot

This macro is the best I have used so far, thanks for posting it! What do you use for AoE?

Thanks

Sequences[‘bm’] = {
Author=“tater”,
SpecID=253,
Talents = “2112112”,
Default=1,
Icon=‘ability_hunter_bestialdiscipline’,
MacroVersions = {
[1] = {
StepFunction = [[Sequential]],
KeyPress={
“/targetenemy [noharm][dead]”,
“/petattack [@target,harm]”,
“/cast [nopet,nodead] Call Pet 3; [@pet,dead] Heart of the Phoenix”,
“/petautocastoff [group] Growl”,
“/petautocaston [nogroup] Growl”,
“/cast [target=focus, exists, nodead],[target=pet, exists, nodead] Misdirection”,
“/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Bestial Wrath”,
},
PreMacro={
},
“/cast Dire Beast”,
“/castsequence [nochanneling] Kill Command, Cobra Shot”,
“/cast [nomod:alt, combat] A Murder of Crows”,
“/cast [nomod:alt, combat] Titan’s Thunder”,
PostMacro={
},
KeyRelease={
“/cast [nomod:alt] Aspect of the Wild”,
},
},
},
}

try this BM Max dps - Patch 7.0+ - WoW Lazy Macros

Backpack, I don’t macro for AoE since its so simple. On mobs of 3+ I’ll usually rotate AoE with BW>DB>Multi-shot. Spam multi shot until DB comes off cool down and if they’re still up or you have one with a bit of health left go ahead and cast it on them so you get the extra CD reduction off BW.

You can achieve the above with a priority List like this

Sequences['FOX_HUNT_BM_AE'] = {
  Author="Beastfox",  
  SpecID=253,
  Talents = "2112112",
  Default=1,
  MacroVersions = {
    [1] = {
      StepFunction = "Priority",
      KeyPress={
      },
      PreMacro={
      },
        "/cast Bestial Wrath",
        "/cast Dire Beast",
        "/cast Multi-Shot",
      PostMacro={
      },
      KeyRelease={
        "/startattack",
      },
    },
  },
}

[quote quote=41919]https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GCRcf9jBzPqKWdXQ#fight=5
That is my logs from last night for those interested.
Also, please note that I use Cobra Shot and Multi-Shot manually based on the situation. Multi-Shot is in the macro and I hold down CTRL to use it and let CTRL go to stop using it. Cobra Shot is used via a normal key press.
Also please not, that although my iLvL is 889, I don’t have the better DPS legendaries or any of the new ones, nor any set bonuses as yet which could change things.
Happy to answer any questions people have.
Gween
[/quote]

How does one go and change CTRL to Shift? Just a bit easier on my keyboard to hit than CTRL