How Do You #showtooltip Correcly in GS?

Hi I’m in need of some advice regarding the code to correctly show the tool tip of a spell in GS on my UI, I know this addon likes to make one button macros but still like my fingers to dance remotely around the keyboard and so I like to make convenient macros rather than be super lazy. But yeah back to the original topic, can anyone assist?

Ive Tried this but it diddnt work,

]],
PreMacro = [[
#showtooltip Execute
/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
]],

Cheers in Advance!

Sequences['Execute'] = {
StepFunction = [[
limit = limit or 1
if step == limit then
limit = limit % #macros + 1
step = 1
else
step = step % #macros + 1
end
]],
PreMacro = [[
#showtooltip Execute
]],
'/cast !execute',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
]],
}

This must work. If I understand correctly you just wanted to make a macro in gnome sequencer wich casts only 1 spell and has Execute as icon.

Cheers and goodluck

Yeah I do apologise, I may not of explained it correctly… this is the full macro and it consists of only has two abilities:

Sequences['ProtExe'] = {
StepFunction = [[
	limit = limit or 1
	if step == limit then
		limit = limit % #macros + 1
		step = 1
	else
		step = step % #macros + 1
	end
]],
PreMacro = [[
#showtooltip Execute
]],
'/castsequence [@target,harm] !Execute',
'/castsequence [@target,harm] !Victory Rush',
'/cast !Execute',
PostMacro = [[
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1
]],
}

Now when playing WoW without the macro the execute lights up when usable and goes dull when its not. With the GS macro the execute logo is there but it does not go dull and always looks active so what I’m trying to achieve is a macro that looks and works like a typical macro/spell you would find in WoW.

I hope this kinda clears things up but any updates are much appreciated and ill try and see what I can do with your code Tim.

Cheers again!

try to get rid of #showtooltip Execute
and instead of the ? icon use the execute icon.

Don’t know if it would work + A cooldown timer or weakaura can allways do something.
Weakaura’s can be used to light the icon up once the spell is ready to use again.

I can make you one if you want it.

Cheers and goodluck,

Tim Roeleveld

I’ve used WeakAuras in the past and it was just to much clutter but I may look into it as its been updated. Just placing the correct icon just shows the same, a fully lit up ability. So I’m kinda stumped on this.

Thanks.