How To GnomeSequencer-Enhanced

Hi I have seen a lot of users asking how to install / use load GnomeSequencer-Enhanced I found the link below while looking for answers myself.

Hope it helps you as it did me and great work to the creator!!

how do you post a Video like that as I have

and

that were done way after that one was

Hi Timothyluke

It was the only video I could fine at the time that gave you step by step instructions with a break down of its uses. Thanks for posting yours they will help alot great work!

Take 2 -

Ok if you have never used GnomeSequencer-ENhanced – start here:

1.0.6 - How to specify a custom icon in the editor. This isnt perfect but its how you can choose an icon in game till i figure out how to call Blizzards Icon Dialog.

So … where do I put my modified macros now? I could put them in with the <class>.lua files but then they get eaten when a new update occurs.

Thanks in advance

If you download GS-E myMacros Addin Pack : Discontinued and Outdated Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns and put them in there they will never get eaten by a mod update.

Awesome work on GS-E. I’m having an issue with it though; typing /gs will not open the macro window, only gives the text in the chat window. It worked fine yesterday, and I have not altered anything since.

Do you have any windows open like the WOW options window? If you have the Escape key hit or the WoW Options window open WOW wont open the Macro window.

No, all in-game windows are closed. It’s not a problem for me at the moment as I have all the base macros set-up that I want; I can edit them through the lua’s and reload to get my desired effects. Just wanted to bring it to your attention. Another user in my guild stated hers was acting the same way.

THere were problems with 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 that were also similar behaviour. I had hoped that 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 they had gone away. I’ll see what it find.

Perfect … I have two you’re welcome to try / steal / improve on if you like for the collection:

Sequences['AaslaanFire'] = {
author="Aaslaan@Lightbringer",
specID=63,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 2131111',
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noexists][noharm][dead]
]],
icon='Spell_Fire_FireBolt02',
"/cast [nochanneling]Rune of power",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target Fireball,Fireball,Fireball",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,@target] reset=12/target Living Bomb",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,@target] reset=4/target Blast Wave",
"/castsequence [nochanneling] reset=combat/target Fire Blast",
"/castsequence [nochanneling,mod:alt] Combustion",
"/cast [nochanneling]Ice Barrier",
PostMacro=[[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

Sequences['CalliynOutlaw'] = {
author="Calliyn@Lightbringer",
specID=260,
helpTxt = 'Talents: 1333131',
PreMacro=[[
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/cast [nostealth,nocombat]Stealth
/cast [combat] Marked for Death
]],
icon='INV_Sword_30',
"/castsequence Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash",
"/castsequence [mod:alt] Blade Flurry",
"/castsequence Saber Slash, Run Through, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot",
"/castsequence [talent:7/1] Slice and Dice; [talent:7/2][talent:7/3] Roll the Bones, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot, Run Through, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot",
"/castsequence Ghostly Strike, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Saber Slash, Pistol Shot",
"/cast [@focus] Tricks of the Trade",
"/cast Crimson Vial",
PostMacro=[[
/use [combat] 13
/use [combat] 14
]],
}

@Ambergreen

Thanks! I wont steal but i have added them to the bundled macros =with a DB_ prefix. I’ve also changed the author to “Ambergreen”

I’m trying to write an article on my website with all the info I can about Gnome Sequencer and Gnome Sequencer Enhanced. There are lots of macro tweaks etc which aren’t obvious at all. I hope to make it something more than just a quick tutorial and really need input and suggestions.

If anyone wants to send me comments / criticism / assistance etc please feel free! When it looks good I’ll see if I can get it moved over here (the site admin willing) so we can all benefit.

Please take a look at the Gnome Sequencer Enhanced part 1 and let me know.

Again … Kudos to TimothyLuke for an awesome job!

I just made the article a LOT longer with all of the modifiers I could find so far. For the next section if folks are interested I’ll go into how to maximize damage using tools like Recount and SimulationCraft.

1.1 Using GS-E on non english clients, debug mode and target hopping protection.

TimothyLuke,

Great work Timothy!
I’ll swap to GS-E now, this is an amazing plug-in and a way to provide players with an other language client with good functioning sequences.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Darkramz

Hi TimothyLuke,

You may want to advise users before you release an update, that modifying the GS-E macros in the folder will all be deleted once you allow the update to take place. If you were going to over write to entire file GS-DraikMacros every time you release an update it was in my opinion useless to list the macros in the first place.

While you have done fantastic work on this and have enhanced a lot of players game time experience, I am not impressed with your last release as I have now lost hours of testing and tuning my game play macros.

I have no doubt you will come back with the below which should have been there in the first place.

– Dont edit this file. It is regularily update when GS-E is updated and any
– changes you have made may be lost. Instead either use the GS-myMacros
– plugin from GS-E myMacros Addin Pack : Discontinued and Outdated Mods : World of Warcraft AddOns
– or see the wiki on creating Macro Plugins
Creating Addon Packs · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

TM