Hunter Misdirection/Mend Pet

Hi all, quick question to see if anyone has thoughts on my issue.

Currently have a farm macro where I have /castsequence [pet] Misdirection, mend pet … I use it like this because I’m finding it’s rather annoying to have my hunter constantly trying to throw MD on the pet especially with the 3 seconds that it’s working on the pet and can’t be cast and it basically puts mend pet on a 3-4 second c/d between casts.

Since you can’t tie in misdirection/mend pet to pet in any damage spells lines (r/t separate modifiers - ie; /castsequence [pet,help,exists] Misdirection; [harm] any spell)… how is everyone else dealing with it, or am I the only one that finds this annoying? Just trying to see if there’s a c/d spell I’m missing that I can use to make md have some duration between casts.

In an ideal world of macros I would just be able to tie these two spells into a castsequence line with kill command to put a c/d based delay on the md and mend pets.

edit: In case you’re trying to understand what I’m asking, I’m using something much like:

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence [@pet] reset=3 Misdirection, Mend Pet

but would really prefer something more along the lines of

/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Kill Command
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Kill Shot
/castsequence Kill Command, Mend Pet

^still pulls Kill command as top priority but the secondary castsequence with it on there moves that to the next spell (which would be mend pet) but having an issue with this. In that kill command or other spells require mob to be enemy and misdirection/mend pet require the [@pet] to continue.

Ignoring the part about mend pet, I meant misdirection… d’oh

If not, how about a better opening line for my farming macro than this:

/castsequence [@pet,help,exists] reset=target/combat/3 Misdirection, Mend pet, null

This is the macro that I use for Misdirect, it is focused based. When I raid, I set the Main Tank as my focus, that way I don’t have to target him to MD to him. When I am ungrouped, it targets my pet.

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] Misdirection
[target=pet,exists,nodead] Misdirection

This is my pet macro

#showtooltip Mend Pet
/castsequence [nomod] Mend Pet
/castsequence [mod:alt] Call Pet 1

my macro just keeps saying the macro outload and not useing it