I’m new here ... Learning the Lingo

Trying to figure out what these terms are used for.?.

Pre Macro : ( does this mean I need to manually use the spells before the macro ) ???

Key press: ( does this mean I need to manually select the spell) ???

Main Sequence: ( is this when I press the macro)???

Post Macro: ( does this mean I need to manually select the spells after the macro)???

5 Likes

That is the best explanation I have seen. Great job @usmcguy

got it from the hunter discord channel but yea its perty nice right

Thanks bro I appreciate it.

But based on the pic I still have some questions:

key press says: executed at start each time the key is pressed down…Which key is that to be precise as in most of the macros it states for example

/cast [mod:shift] Apocalypse
/cast [mod:alt] Death Coil

Does this mean I need to press shift, than alt??

than we have

/cast Festering Strike

So the way I do it is I press shift , than alt, than manually cast FS and than switch to me main sequence macro button…is that the correct interpretation?

@MG76 Basically, when you press the macro key (in your exemple) it will cast Festering Strike over and over again. if you press on your macro key and shift (the mod) at the same time, it will cast Apocalypse instead and if you press alt, it will cast Death Coil. If you keep pressing shift and your macro key, it wil try to cast Apocalypse over and over but if you let go the mod (shift or alt) it will go back to casting Festering Strike.

Hope that helps understand.

Hi Liwu …thanks i think I get it …but that means I need to keep an eye on Apoc and DC if they come off CD to cast them again?..So basically its not just pressing the macro key and that’s it …you need to also watch for the abilities outside of the main sequence…

@MG76 It always depends on the macros. For exemple, I have a Demon Hunter macro with Priority List and on this one, all my skills do have cds, but they are on the main sequence, so once available (off CD) they are cast again.

Urgently someone needs to create a video on how to create their own macros using GSE. There are countless videos teaching how to use, but I can’t find one that teaches how to make your own profiles.

I did not want to depend on the site to obtain profiles, I would like to be a profile creator, So I beg the users who know how to use the addon with expertise, create a video with the step by step.
@roarinknight @John-Metz @lloskka @admin1 @Elfyau @usmcguy

reated, that it has English subtitles (they are made on youtube itself) so that it can be translated into other languages.

1 Like

@Br_Va they are actually pretty easy to make. Only things to take into account before starting is what is your Lagg in game. Usually 70ms for a autofire is a good starting point. 2nd is knowing what abilitys needs to be the prime users. Using raidbots is great to figure out your dps abilitys. once your have this your pretty much set to build it and tweck it to your needs. Many people that build these build them several ways. Me personally i spends hours on training dummys to perfect my macros i make. Hit me up on discord and i’ll walk you through it Roar#9959. But really thats all you need to get started bud. Think i even help Elfyau awhile back when he first started making his.

Another note. You can also take macro others have started to make and tweck them to make them better. I call them skeleton macros. It gives the basics of what the macro needs. But in those cases i do not take credit and post it as my own. I will reply on that specific macro chain with my changes for others to try. I do that sometimes with John-Metz macros sometimes and Elfyau. (taking credit for someone elses hard work is not fair and should never do that)

Another note. Tank macros are probably the hardest to make, then there is healers ones. Melee dps are by far the easyest range DPS are very tricky.

One thing to keep in mind. Probably 50% or better of the people that use this addon are handicap individuals that dont have full use of both hands and or all their fingures. this is probably the one reason Blizzard has not come after this program yet because it will reduce their player count by extreme margins. So keep that in mind when you are building these and or advertising the program to friends or guildies.

So your options are endless in reality on how you wanna do your macros.

@roarinknight Man, I am extremely happy to receive your message, “just the user who made the best warrior tank profile answering me” I am happy ^^.
I only have two doubts about what you told me:

1 - My average leg is 130ms (on good days, I get 115) (I’m Brazilian and here in my country there is no blizzard server)
2 - What is “autofire”?
3 - Are you really going to make a video? ◕‿◕

I only play Warrior tank, both for pve and pvp, I don’t play anything else, I intend to specialize only in that class.

Glad to hear the complements @Br_Va that warrior macro was pretty rough to make lol. hmm so sounds you will need to meet in the middle around 100 and start going up from that. What i mean by 100 MS/autofire. Is either you have a programs that rapidly presses a key for you in game or a razor mouse with its own built in rapid fire. This is always the best option with any macro on here. not just manually spamming a single button over and over. Those are the answers to the first 2 questions. As for the 3rd i don’t really want to make a full length video and put in on a public channel as that could draw to much attention from Blizzard but i am more than happy to do a 1 on 1 screen share with you and walk you through it.

This is the biggest load of crap I have ever read in the forums. Yes a number of people with physical impariments use GSE but its no where near 50% - it might be 4-5%. Blizzard is very aware of GSE. It is one of the top 100 mods based on active users using it in the game. As long as GSE abides by the rules they have no issue with it. If Blizzard didn’t like how it was working they would simply change the API so it didn’t work. Promote the thing as much as you want.

Running a macro at 70MS is a good way to get banned. No human can maintain 13 clicks a second for an extended period of time.

Words cannot begin to describe how completely wrong this entire statement is.

But onto something useful

KeyPress is prepended to every line while KeyRelease is postpended. Think of it like a hamburger where KeyPress and KeyRelease are the buns. They go around every line in the Sequence part of the macro. WoW evaluates this like a stack and starts at the top and works down through the stack. Each line is evaluated in turn and the first ability that triggers the GCD blocks any abilities below it. What this means is that you can put overrides into KeyPress that are evaluated before the before hand.

looking at your example:

When your button clicks the macro what is sent for the one line of Festering Strike is

/cast [mod:shift] Apocalypse
/cast [mod:alt] Death Coil
/cast Festering Strike

How WoW evaluates this is from the top down. If Shift is pressed cast Apoc and ignore the rest. If Shift is not pressed but Alt is then cast Death Coil and if neither Shift nor Alt are currently pressed then cast Festering Strike. Now if you had a GCD ability in KeyRelease it would be added after Festering Strike but as Festering Strike is on the GCD the other ability would be ignored even if Festering Strike is on cooldown.

Assuming that the next line in the sequence was say Army of the Dead (Im just picking a DK ability of the top of my head) then it would do the same but swap Festoring Strike with Army of the Dead.

Open /gse and hit the New or Edit button and then add some spells and hit save. You have now created your first macro. From here go to the target dummy and test, then go back and edit and change, and then test. You are now a qualified macro creator. For some more advanced stuff here is one I created earlier GSE | LazyMacros | GSE Masterclass - Preparing for Shadowlands - YouTube

1 Like

Each may have different experiences with the same problem. Each experience is unique.

Suggestion: I could cut the video and add subtitles from youtube, so I could understand better. my English is not very good.

Thank you for answering my questions ^^

I appreciate what you are saying but there is a lot of difference between having had an experience and letting ignorance and incompetence form that experience. The poster who I was quoting, was making statements about classes that from their experience may have been true however those experiences were formed by their ignorance of what they needed to do and their incompetence with the tool.

I say that as ranged DPS are the most popular and most written macros on this site as well as repeatedly the most highest performing. Their comment on tank macros was completely misinformed again showing their ignorance and incompetence. Their generalisation about melee classes once again highlighted through more I+I that they have no understanding about how half the melee classes work.

Some classes need more time and effort to macro well. BUT It is not cut and dry along dps/tank/healer lines nor is it along ranged/melee lines. 90% of the problems people have in writing macros for classes is they don’t totally understand how the class plays and don’t understand how to effectively macro that class.

The way someone plays also feeds into this. There are healing macros that are godly. There are some classes that for healing use combo heal/harm macros.

And I am only just touching the surface on what was wrong with the statement I was referring to.

I am talking in a friendly tone, it is not necessary for you to call a stranger incompetent and ignorant, there are more friendly words to inform an individual that he does not know about a subject. Sorry if I displeased you with my malpractice or my ignorance, I will not quote you in future comments so as not to upset you.