If I replace the [@cursor] with the [target=player] the macro no longer works

what’s up guys, this is my rotation which is perfect, the only problem is that I have to use the cursor on top of the boss (to activate death and decay), I want to use it on me with the lean " [target=player]", However, if I replace the [@cursor] with the [target=player] the macro no longer works, any help?

my functional macro:
/castsequence [@cursor] Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Death and Decay(Rank 4), Pestilence, Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Blood Strike(Rank 6)

The macro I want doesn’t work:
/castsequence [target=player] Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Death and Decay(Rank 4), Pestilence, Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Blood Strike( Rank 6)

Blizzard has removed that from the game, we only have @cursor now.

you’re wrong, in other macros I can use the “target=player]” as normal

then they re added it, cuz Timothy has said alot of times that they took it out or disabled it. people have been asking this question since DF came out. If you were able before, then there 1 or more reasons it stopped.

1. Addon is conflicting
  2. Bliz changed the code to do it
  3. they found out that the code you said is in the game and took it use out.

Other better creators might be able to give you a better answer. i hope. :slight_smile:

but if in other types of macros I can use the “[target=player]” as usual without problems

theres severalw ays to do this, the easies iis to set it as @focus , then focus your target at the start of w/e your doing together, will save you time from editing a new name in the macro every time you need it.

that being said this will be ability dependent. example a targets spell, such as blizzard, death and decay, traps, basically anything that gives you that green targeting circle when you cast it, you cannot have that cast at the location of anyone but yourself. example death and decay can be casted @player which will drop it at your feet centered on you and make it function kinda like a pallys consecration but lets day a hunters misdirect can be @target or @focus

some quick examples, ill remove the bits of these popular macros that have no significance to your question.

hunter MD
/cast [@focus] Misdirection
or
/cast [@“Tank”] Misdirection

“tank” replaced with tanks name and without the quotes. @ is short for target=

mage blizzard (dunny why youde want it but its a valid example) this centers blizzard to the player

/cast [@player] blizzard
this
/cast [@focus] blizzard
or this
/cast [@“Tank”] blizzard
will not work as its a targets spell (the green targeting circle)

there were 2 or 3 occasions where xpacks and/or game patches made targeting other players/npc/pets with thoes types of spells so they may of worked but blizzard purposely breaks this behavior so even if if ever were to work one day again its almost certain shortly after it would be patched.

so lets look at the macro you want to fuction.

/castsequence [target=player] Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Death and Decay(Rank 4), Pestilence, Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Blood Strike( Rank 6)

because dnd is in this cast sequence, it will lock it up as the game wont allow the cast of dnd at [target=player]

now change it to this:

/castsequence [@player] Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Death and Decay(Rank 4), Pestilence, Plague Strike(Rank 6), Frost Touch(Rank 5), Blood Strike( Rank 6)

BUT it will DnD at YOU, but being melee your likly to be in rang of your target anyway. short of that its @cursor

hope this helps.

The rules set by Blizzard are rather explicit.

For AoE abilities ( Area of Affect - designated by a green circle targetting recticle) you have a total of TWO options. @player - ie cantered on yourself or @cursor - cantered where your mouse is. You can’t use @target or @focus for AoE abilities as these are not valid options that Blizzard allows.

You can use @focus and @target for Single Target abilities only.

It still doesn’t work :frowning: , I think there is an error in your second macro which is corrected

It still doesn’t work :frowning: , I think there is an error in your second macro which is corrected