Is it possible to nest standard macros in GSE?

I’m looking to make a frost mage macro. I have the main macro setup but I want to add a nested macro that uses a standard wow cast sequence macro. Its important that it is a standard macro to ensure that it always casts in order.

Main Macro

KeyPress:
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/castsequence [mod:alt] Flurry, Ice Lance, Frostbolt

Sequence:
/cast [nochanneling] Glacial Spike
/cast [nochanneling] Ebonbolt
/cast [nochanneling] Comet Storm
/cast [nochanneling] Frozen Orb
/cast [nochanneling] Frostbolt

Blizzard macro I wish to add:

Name: Flurry
/castsequence Flurry, Ice Lance, Frostbolt

The problem I have is how do you add /click Flurry with an alt modifier?

Why cant you just put the /castsequence line into the macro? You can chain any macro however it will still fall under the same limits on placement as any other line in GSE. it would still be /click [mod:alt] Flurry But if your castsequence line in your keypress is not working that won’t work either.

All GSE is, is an enhanced interface to enter WOW’s macro commands.

GSE Macro I want to run

KeyPress:
/targetenemy [noharm][dead]
/click Flurry [mod:alt]

Sequence:
/cast [nochanneling] Glacial Spike
/cast [nochanneling] Ebonbolt
/cast [nochanneling] Comet Storm
/cast [nochanneling] Frozen Orb
/cast [nochanneling] Frostbolt

Macro in the Blizz UI not in GSE

Name: Flurry
/castsequence Flurry, Ice Lance, Frostbolt

This doesn’t work. I would like to nest a normal macro because it does not skip any cast in the rotation like GSE does. This way it forces the macro to run flurry -> ice lance -> frostbolt in that exact order every time.

I’m guessing its a limitation of the nesting feature but wanted to make sure it wasn’t because of the alt mod. Looks like its back to the drawing board.

Hmm if it does work at some point I might want to remove the last frostbolt from the alt mod and add a interrupt cast instead. Well have to get it to work first before I get into testing that.

It needs to be

/click [mod:alt] Flurry

But you will have the same problem here as you did with the castsequence here as it will perform exactly the same action.

You may need to have a gse macro called flurry with just the one /castsequence line instead of a normal macro. If it’s just the one line In the macro body, it will behave like a normal Wow macro.

More info is located at Chaining Macros · TimothyLuke/GSE-Advanced-Macro-Compiler Wiki · GitHub

If you use a gse macro the name will need to be FLURRY not Flurry. Caps matter in macro names.

Really dumb question - is it the [mod:alt] that is not working?