Issue where nothing works

Hey there,

I’m having an issue this morning where the second I log in to game I get an error message regarding GSE (will post below) and nothing works. I’ve tried everything from creating new buttons to re-importing the macros to reinstalling the addon, but to no avail. Last time I played, maybe a couple of days ago, everything was working fine. So now how can I get it working again so I can go back to my escape land of Azeroth.

Message: Interface/AddOns/GSE/API/StringFunctions.lua:153: bad argument #1 to ‘gsub’ (string expected, got nil)
Time: Sat Dec 16 07:46:20 2023
Count: 1
Stack: Interface/AddOns/GSE/API/StringFunctions.lua:153: bad argument #1 to ‘gsub’ (string expected, got nil)
[string “=[tsm error check]”]:1: in main chunk
[string “=(tail call)”]: ?
[string “=[C]”]: ?
[string “=[C]”]: in function gsub' [string "@Interface/AddOns/GSE/API/StringFunctions.lua"]:153: in function TrimWhiteSpace’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/GSE/API/StringFunctions.lua”]:352: in function RemoveComments' [string "@Interface/AddOns/GSE/API/Storage.lua"]:1403: in function CompileTemplate’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/GSE/API/Storage.lua”]:519: in function OOCUpdateSequence' [string "@Interface/AddOns/GSE/API/Events.lua"]:630: in function ?’
[string “@Interface/AddOns/DataStore/libs/AceTimer-3.0/AceTimer-3.0.lua”]:55: in function <…/AddOns/DataStore/libs/AceTimer-3.0/AceTimer-3.0.lua:50>

Locals:

Just a little update. The problem only seems to be on my main at the moment.

yo - join the discord and post your problem there - faster response

do you have a addon that is that class specific? sometimes that could be the issue. it happened to me once and i had to remove a addon i had that was for that class i was playing.

You have a corrupt template and need to fix that. Its wiping out all the other things for this class.

1 Like