Izzerri Demonology 12/31/2021 part two

will give it a shot. I am not sure what issue it is giving you. I am sure it is a haste/speed thing. trouble with auto firing macros, I can set it for me, but timers are kind of personal. Instant cast was much easier on enhancement shammy since all of their spells are instant, warlock does not have that perk sadly.

Thanks for you input and work on it, I will give your version a shot and continue to flush out my macro the best I can. I tell you it has been a ton of testing and rearranging to get it to work where it is now for me.

I had a much easier time working with Macroā€™s with version 2 of GSSE. I do like that the auto cast of Demonbolt works now.

I am still getting my feet wet on this version myself. but it is getting easier the more I use it. I understand that gse is not a lazy macro addon, but was easier for me to use. And I am sure there is more that I need to learn with this one. so hopefully the more I learn the better the macros will be.

My biggest gripe right now is that I sometimes run out of demons. Left with only the 2 from the passive talent. Then they have to build up again. Demonology is about demons. I like an Army. My goal is to try and have 4 or more out at all times. So Hand has to be cast a lot. Iā€™m debating the talent that brings demons down from the portal thingy. Itā€™s a DPS loss, but its more demons :slight_smile:

lol yeah, I actually have that talent in the macro. I too love the demon army, not the best dps, implosion is a great aoe burst. But I would I can see removing it to have more demons up. I get it. The first max level demo lock I had used a demon army to help him fight, This macro was set up for my second demo lock trying to get more bang for the buck, and I knew wife wanted to play demo lock and hated watching for demon bolt procs. So that is how this long struggle happened.

Now iā€™m being like you. Iā€™ve been at this for a few hours trying to get rid of all of the dead spots. Having some success now after learning a few things.

My biggest problem is that I donā€™t understand how to get it to skip a pause if the spell is on cooldown or unavailable. It always does pauses.

donā€™t think there is a way

I guess if that was possible, it would make this too easy. lol. Downright frustrating to get pauses. Even a 1 second pause kills flow. Iā€™m very close to something acceptable. But my OCD is kicking my ass.

I totally understand

think I am going to focus on shadow priest and destruction lock for a minute or two to rest my brain.

Iā€™ve got it pretty smooth and doing mostly what I want it to do. Not perfect but acceptable. The one thing I found is that I can drop the pauses to 500ms, which is about 2 clicks. that seems to pick up the casting and nothing is clipping. I have a few micro pauses, but nothing like I was seeing using GCD or 1800.

yeah I am sure if you have high haste would make a huge difference

I play so many alts, I have none I call a main. so I am always behind on gear.

Iā€™ve basically played a hunter as my main for 10 years with no alts. Then went to a Warlock for Shadowlands. Not having any alts is boring at times, but you can really gear up :slight_smile:

I have every character slot full 50 toons. All at 50+ when I feel like making a new toon have to sacrifice a toon, canā€™t even tell you the number of toons that have been deleted from my account. I get bored on the high end gaming part of the game chasing item levels bores me. Wife and I played eq before WOW, starting in 1999. EQ raiding has for ever ruined me and raids. Last time I raided in WOW I believe is Pandria. I find more enjoyment making new toons, writing new macros really about the biggest enjoyment I get from wow. Really helps when there is communication from others to help me see issues there are or suggestions that I did not think of. Been watching my enhancement macro waiting to see if anyone has tried it yet to give me feed back. So I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this macro and the communication. Makes my part of the game enjoyable.

Good morning Izzi,

I canā€™t get my wife to play any games, except for word search on the iPad :slight_smile: Iā€™m mainly a FPS gamer and have REALLY enjoyed my time playing Half-Life Alyx in VR. Tons of mods, so that game has had so much replay value.

WOW is pretty much dead for casual gamers like ourselves. I basically have nobody to game with anymore. The only way I got my gear to acceptable levels to solo things was to get carries. I know, I knowā€¦ But my time and patience is more valuable. I canā€™t stand Raiding and l will never get into the Mythic+ thing. They are so toxic. Timed content that is competitive (esport) is NOT what WOW was founded on, and the drop in player base shows their big mistake. I donā€™t think it will change, only get worse.

I donā€™t know why I still play it. Maybe because itā€™s a game that I can fly around by myself and watch the sun set if I want to. Itā€™s as fast paced game as the player wants it to be, so for me it is about finding every treasure chest. Getting all of the rares in a zone, Finding secrets. ETC.

Now about Macroā€™s. Iā€™m going to post my latest when I get home from work. Hopefully you can pick up a thing or two from examples as I have from yours. Iā€™m starting to understand some things that arenā€™t really documented. for example. The 1/4 second click rate (250ms) still causes some missing of spells. Kind of hard to explain. When I added 500ms pauses before spells getting missed, they then fired off. Itā€™s like the click happens before the spell queues, so it misses or skips it. I may be wrong and itā€™s just the oddity of trying to macro things like we do.

Itā€™s a shame there arenā€™t more players willing to help each other out. I think that follows the new playerbase that is all about ā€œMe Me Meā€.

Iā€™m 55 and been married 32 years. There is nothing ā€œquickā€ about me except my running pace and distances :). I find my generation actually takes the time to learn things and work with people. Todayā€™s generation just expects it to work.

Iā€™m deeply appreciative of what you have contributed. Without your work, I would be nowhere. Except for a few talents you use, our logic and play style seems pretty darned comperable.

Hope you have a great day!

I am 47 myself. married for over 22 years.

The misclick is due to the global cool down factor of the spells. The speed the macro fires off stays constant. so it fires first spell the first spell then tries the second spell. if that spell is not available due to global cooldown then it fires the next spell available, from what I see.
I tried adding global pauses after every spell, but saw major fall off on dps due to more dead time.
The auto cast part of the macro also causes some hiccups from time to time also, I think it clicks a pause or stopcast. But really trying to fine tune the macro so the pauses are limited. again this is greatly changed by factors we talked to before. internet speed, world latency, haste on items. So timers need to be adjustable to fit the toon.
I need to experiment with changing the MS rate in gse to see if adjusting the speed there can control the internal timers needed for different toons based on above factors. Would be easier than trying to change all the internal pauses.
but I think changing the ms rate adds lines of pauses to the macro, trying to maintain the timing of the original macro. I am not sure if that is how it works, but if you change your ms rate to 100, you will get and error saying that the macro is to large being over 400 lines and will cause issues being larger than 250 lines and you need to simplify it. I know I had that issue when my wife downloaded this version of macro she got that error, I was stumped until I changed her ms rate to 250.

I think sadly for the demo lock with autocast timers, since the spells are not instant, will take some personal adjustments for every player and will need tweaked when new better gear is gathered and your haste level changes.
I debate making one without autocast, but that is the point of lazy macro to make it as lazy as possible. and not many others who try and make auto casting macros on procs. so I like the challenge.

Right now I am tweaking a new destruction macro, trying to max chaos bolts to fire after conflagrate.

Izzi,

I didnā€™t even think about that internal MS rate in GSE. I need to play around with that now. Thanks!

no problem just back at work on destruction macro for me right now