Izzerri non-instant cast demonology macro 8/25/2022

I am currently playing my new up and coming lock. As bad as this sounds not sure how to share a picture of my details but damage is as follows

legion strike (arix) 11.1%
Hand of Guld’dan 10.9%
dread bite 10.3%
implosion 9.0%
demonfire 8.3%
melee (arix) 7.4%
Demonbolt 6.7%
fel firebolt 6.4%
Melee dread stalkers 5.8%
felstorm (arix) 5.7%
shadow bolt 3.7
soul strike 3.4%
Melee (felguard) 3.3%
felstrom (felguard) 3.0%

that was around 8 minutes waiting on que at the dummies

of course like I said is a fresh 50.

you seem to be pumping out demonbolts like crazy

OK here is what my baby lock got on multi target dummies
Still run low to dry on shards.

Screenshot (3)

@Izzi yours is a lot different from mine. you take the same talents that you list on your macro? i ddi. also, not sure why i pump out a lot of demonbolts. i placed it directly after your first line (the one that has hand three times in a castsequence). it;'s weird because it will eat up all the instant casts thenn go to a hard cast of demonbolt.

oh and updating changed something to increase usage of soul strike

Talents are as listed I will check to make sure. I manual cast demonbolt, the slow cast is way to long for me. I hate waiting on instant cast, why I try and keep trying to get the auto fire to work.
I try to time my demon instants with had of gul’dan since it fires off when the spell effect is still falling and fuels the next hand of gul’dan

Updated macro once again

yes talents are the same. double checked. will run the macro again on raid dummy and pop results here, still using baby lock so numbers are relative to the numbers I posted a minute ago.

on raid dummy
Screenshot (5)

same lock, difference being multiple dummies and single raid dummy. as expected, doing lot more aoe damage.

i’m assuming you’re using raidbots to run all your sims, yes? if so, i run mine as dungeon slice because i rarely ever raid, if ever. all my sims show me doing 6k, but as i said, that’s dungeon dps, so i assum that’s more aoe dps than single target dps. i should probably run a sim against the dummy option in raiedbots. also please forgive my terrible typing. i have terrible carpal tunnel and neuropothy in both hands. most days all i can feel is a terrible stinging buzzing sensation in my fingers and hands, which is why i use gse in the first place.

I think the biggest difference is you added demonbolt in, and I cast it manual. you are going to cast it even if it is not instant. so you are going to see a higher number of demonbolts, and your shards are going to eaten up lot less since it generates 2 shards and spending them less because hand is not going to be able to cast as often because it is going to wait on demonbolt cast times.

I plan on attempting adding instant demonbolt element to this macro to see if I can get it to work. it is just so difficult to manage with other spells cast times.

@Izzi as demonology warlock and protection warrior will be my two mains this time around, i cannot express to you how much i appreciate you, and everyone else’s work on these macros. if it weren’t for you all, i’d have to stop playing or risk my account by looking for some sort of bot software to assist me. being disabled later on in my life has really made it hard to play the game, so i do appreciate your work. if i had money to give, you would definitely get a 24 case of beer/red bull/wjhatever you wanted. or even cold hard cash. but, for now, all i can offer is my complete gratitude for your efforts.

i look forwawrd to the instant cast demonbolt logic that you input. with demonology supposing to be top dog, as far as warlock specs go, i can’t wait. many of the warlock videos were talking about a succubus build that was going to be insane damage. have you looked into any of this to prebuild(?) a macro suiting this new build? i remember two key focuses were the balespider legendary wrists and using the succubus. you had to build balespider stacks by casting shadowbolt, then you cast demonbolt to use the balespider stacks. it’s all really interesting. the guy was saying that you could get demonbolt crits at 80k or higher.

Lol thank you for the kind words. I have not looked to much at 9.2 honestly. Like I have said I used to just make macros for my wife and I to use. But figured I would share and work with others. I am not like some of the other creators, I don’t have a twitch channel, nor do I take donations. I do what I do to help where I can. Not saying taking donations is wrong, it is not why I do it.

I try to make level versions for new players added in many of my macros, because well sometimes you just want to level an alt. My wife and I rarely raid or do keys. We just play the game together, run dungeons, farm transmogs, in general just try to enjoy the game. For me personally, wow tends to go more top heavy in view of the game, I hate the level squish personally I liked the longer advancement, I felt I had more time on my toons as they leveled. I have not been a fan of shadowland expansion. playing in this expansion is not as fun as it should be for me. feels grindy to me and less story. I am sure for others they love it.

I play so many classes and specs with no main, I am sure that is part of the issue for me. I will look into the succubus build and will try to see what I can come up with. I am sure 9.2 will change a few specs. As for building macros, I have never prebuilt any before. I just get on one of my warlocks or pick a class and try to put together a macro that works for me, and then ask others what I can do to make it better for them. I try to fit this in the short windows I have when my wife is at work and I have time to focus on the macro generation process.

i think you may like 9.2. they’ve put in a lot more story behind it. it’s still going to be grindy, becasue face it, wow is just a grindy game, lol. however, they’ve put in some th ings in 9.2 that seem to make it sound really fun and new. as for the sucfubus build, i’m not sure if that’s a pvp or pve build as it was never stated, but it sounded nice. could just be a pvp thing since succubus is generally used in pvp. as for the toon adhd, i have it too, lol. i find it really hard to focus on one too alone, that’s why i literally ave 10 lvl 60s at ilv 220 or more, and several other toons in the works at all levels. it’s really hard for me to lock one class/spec down. it feels like it gets boring if i do that. so trust me, i totally get it.

1 Like

Updated macro

Moved Tyrant to its own block to allow it to cast more often and not be blocked by grimoire: felguard. bad over sight on my part. I apologize.

1 Like

Removed item usage from the macro. Set them to off by default.

Continuing the discussion from Izzerri non-instant cast demonology macro 2/25/2022:

Hey Izzi, I just put demonbolt on a shift modifer an i haven’t tested this new macro as of yet but the old one would for some reason hang up for 2-3 sec and start casting again or i had to right click the mob again. I’ll give this new one a try and tell u if i get the same thing