Izzerri non-instant cast demonology macro 8/25/2022

@Izzi if it helps you to figure it out, i haven’t used this yet outside the new Torghast. So it may be due to all the buffs that we get as demon locks. all the haste buffs, the tyrants lasting longer than normal and using the soul remnants, hand of gul’dan not using soul shards, but instead claiming to use 10% of your max health (never losing health while casting’ hand), dreadstalkers refunding 2 shards all the time, and other such things that make us way OP.

ok, spent most the night, rare hunting, and if there was a puuse or hang up, i never saw it. the update you just did, semed to fix it or i actually can play better now. lol. got about 1/2 the rare list done last night and even got a few compliments on my dps from a few other locks, cuz of my low Ilvl compared to them. wasnt topping charts, but was holding my own. lol

1 Like

@Siodar My warlock is sitting at a 230 ilvl right now and sims at 4k dps (using training dummy sim), but using any macro, this one included, i can only get 2k, maybe 3k with lucky procs. i’ve followed all directions. i’ve tried different talents, etc. at this point, i’m just happy izzi continues to try and help. my hands are so degraded i can’t play normally. so, when you say you get good dps for your ilvl, what are we talking about? what are your numbers?

@izzi just wondering when u say 250 ms do i set my synapse to 0.25 press and 0.25 release or 0.125 each sry for my poor english

Hi.
I have it setup like this.
I found this on a website for Razer macro making.
But you can also do 0.125 in both.
Best Regards

1 Like

will try that thx alot for taking time to answer me

Hi Izzi
I have tried this to get autocast on Demonbolt. Its probably not super duper perfect but for me it does work kinda ok. Im 221 ilevel with shit trinkets and 225 Legendary.

I was on the targetdummy and started, then macro did all itself for 8min 33sec.
Managed to get 2.8k DPS, its kinda low but it bursts for 7k at start then falls down after Tyrant is gone.

Only thing i changed in your macro was to take out the Implosion because it looses damage. Better to cast yourself when needed. Then i disable the block under with Soul Strike.

I added i Soulstrike in the priority block and put Demonbolt in aswell so its a castsequence. This means every 10 s it casts Soulstrike a Demonbolt is going to be casted after, often it casts a Hand of Gul’dan first then a Demonbolt.

This might be just shit perhaps but test it and see if you get same result as i do.
Best regards

I agree implosion is best if used by yourself. but I was making it as lazy as possible, and I encourage people to change it to make it better for them. For me, it depends on my mood lol. I thought about putting demonbolt behind a different spell, soul strike is a good choice. How many charges of demonbolt are wasted because they do not cast when available. I have seen 5 or 6 charges pop with dreadstalkers and implosion going off nearly same time. And how many hard casts are you seeing of demonbolt.

I been working on block with pauses, just always hangs or cuts off other spells. I have a few ideas I am still trying to work out. I may in next few days, depending how tired work makes me, have an experimental trial version available for everyone to try.

Thank you for sharing what you put together, sharing info helps everyone. I will give it a whirl tomorrow when I have a chance.

ive been getting about 5k at 232 so far. like i said, only been hitting ZM rares so far.

There is some hard casts yes but only in the beginning. But i do believe there is alot of free casts that are wasted. I have been trying alot with this and it seems really hard to get it good. I get like every 5th cast a Demonbolt but issue is macro hangs for 0,5 sec from time to time. Cant figure out what causes it. But overall im happy with this and i will try tweak and see if i get an eureka :slight_smile:

only 52 and yeah i get 2 alot of random pause but other wise it really good tought it was synapse but it does the same with ahk

ok did a few more rounds of testing, think the issue in pauses was caused by loop being cast two times in a row with no shards making it pause there trying to get it to cast the spell twice.

I noticed this pause more so after implosion. I think it is working better.

Sorry version 5 is there also. it is a work in process for autocasting demonbolt. It is not ready yet, but it was in the macro when I did the update. It is ok. not where I want it, not sure if autocast will ever work right. But sill trying.

Wondered if anyone tried out the new update to see if it reduced the dead times

@Izzi i’ve been running it all day. i’ve got to be doing something wrong compared to everyone else. i’ve tried running all of your revisions anywhere from 100ms all the way to 350ms. i still have terrible hangs where it does nothing at all. and, until i do something manually, like hard cast a spell, it won’t contune to work. i’m not saying it doesn’t work, i’m just saying it’s not working for some reason on my system. everyone else seems to get good results. any ideas why that could be? i can never get more than 2k dps from any of the demonology macros so far.

im sorry @Izzi, i actually thought i posted in here about how the new upadte was working. so far its working great. 1 time i thought i hit a big pause, but it ended up being that they moved the boss out of range. lol

1 Like

Using this to level up a lock right now, working great so far. thanks for the Macro!

EDIT- I have now reached 60 within two days using this macro from 1-60, Works fantastic so far, the only problem Im running into is at the begging of a fight or using the macro, it wants to recast my pet when I already have it out but other than that its been working great!

1 Like

Glad it is working for you

1 Like

I am not sure. I run and run the macro on test dummies lastnight and finally saw a hang up, figured out it was an issue of it trying to cast the same block multiple times before going to next block. not sure why you are seeing hangups. as for dps. that would greatly depend on gear. Wish I could help you more not sure how.

Sent you a PM @Izzi. I hate that these things have to be 20 chars or more.