John Metz Frost DK SL

would macro speed have anythign to do with my melee is my highest damage?

possibly
i know its not for me

Is yourā€™s 2h build ?

yeah it can go with either, its flexible enough to change some of the talents to better suit a 2h build

1 Like

dumb question: should I delete the tabs that donā€™t correspond to my chosen covenant?

Sure not harm in it and if you change to a different Covenant you could just import Johnā€™s macro again.

1 Like

you can. it wont affect anything, I think you could use just one variant and it will cast regardless of covenant, but will have issues if you have say moved from one that is a fire and forget ability to one that is placing a reticle. and would need to adjust for that.

Not sure why but getting ā€˜unable to be interpretedā€™ when trying to import this just now. I just formatted my PC and had to rebuiltā€¦ it was working before which I find odd but fresh import fails on new version. If you able to update thatā€™d be awesome as this macro was SO much better than the rest.

no expert on this, just my guess, could it be that the macro is almost year old and the current GSE is not able to read certain code cuz its out dated?

I had the same problem. All you need it uninstall WOW and reinstall.

Yeah it will definitely be coz of the versionā€¦ but seems once you have it installed and update your version you never lose itā€¦ if someone still has it and has their GSE updated, I believe you can export it in the ā€˜currentā€™ format and it should work. If someone was able and could re-post it here or PM me thatā€™s be great!

1 Like

ok so Thanks to DF there was some old GSE 1.5 and 2 code that was still in GSE 3 that had to be removed for it to function in DF. which has lead to the issues we have now with unable to interpret.

unfortunately the only solution is that GSE 3.1.05 still has the legacy import stuff so you can just downgrade to it and install. and the macros work fine.

1 Like

Legend that worked! Appreciate it.

This should keep us going until Dragonflight :slight_smile:

Hi John, First off, thank you for your time and patience with us, your scripting skills are legendary within this community, which is why when I saw your post I immediately copied the macro for use, however, I am having no luck with the import.
This is what I get when trying to import:

I am using the latest version of GSE as of 10/22/2022:

If I am doing something wrong please let me know or if there another way to import your macro ?? please let me know thank you again