John Metz Sub Rogue

Just out of curiosity have you messed with this any to provide any other updates on this just wanted to check since i know you guys are always crazy busy

1 Like

what are you exactly asking if there isnt posted updates than there has been no changes bud

Actually the only thing holding me up at the moment is Blizzard. they have made some changes toward fixing Flagellation, but its still busted at time of posting this.

while im always tweaking things, nothing yet that improves on this.

1 Like

are any of these viable for 9.0.1 Retail?

yeah just use tab 1 the others will try and use covenant abilities but the venthyr 1 in tab 1 is busted and waiting for bliz to fix

I tried your macro yesterday. It run smooth. But why is there no Slice ans Dice in your macro?

Ok sir ty for the reply back cant wait to see this in live

no slice and dice because premeditaion applies it automatically

why shadowstep tho? i mean… it seems not needed a shadow strike will teleport behind target anyways…

Honestly, at that point, it would be a personal choice on what you want to put there, I personally use shadow strike there for PvE, however, I also work with Mr. Metz’s macros and make variations for PVP as well in multiple different ways one of them involves the way he has it above for when I need to vanish shadow step and sap a target with the given talents. I am sure at this point you could just change what you want to change out based on the situation you are using it for.

for boss pulls is why its only out of combat use, Are you gonna haul your ass all the way over to get into range to use shadow strike on a boss like Wrathion. or waste a sprint? Ive also been hearing reports of shadow strike not working at distance. I also have shadow step on a seperate keybind to be used during combat. just for opening i find it easier.

Also out in the world, either questing or pvp shadow stepping from a mount into a fight when others least expect it. but each to their own feel free to change if you dont like. :slight_smile:

hey man so my macro apparently keeps wanting to cast sinister strike instead of backstab and idk whats going on with that everytime i go into edit it will say either sinister strike or backstab but whenever i start to use the macro it seems to never work and end up just auto attacking

what version of GSE are you using, as im starting to see others have similar issues with other class macros, including ones i havent made

yeah i just opened twitch to see an update im checkin if maybe that was the reason now

yeah im still using 14 i think im slow to update but seem to be dodging alot of hassle

seems to be working better on the new version

how is the DPS performance of this?

sir it has a low uptime on rupture

Not true, this is based on variables of your own character than the macro.
for example. i have 2 rogues im developing atm. one is a geared secondary main that refreshes rupture
about 2-3 seconds before the existing one wears off (depending also on how many cp were spent on it)

the second im working on is a Boost toon with no azerite, essences etc and its replaces it about a second or 2 after it drops off the target.
using the same macro same speed etc.

for both thats not factoring in that Dance windows can mess things up and extend a down period.
as you will never be using Rupture while shadow dancing anyway,

Lastly it will never have the uptime that you get with the Assassination spec. as its reason for use is different for Sub, and it does less damage than Assassination. and far less damage than Nightstalker which it replaced in prepatch. some theorycrafters are even speculating dropping it from the rotation, its damage is so minor, but i see its use for triggering things, like the legendary that will increase its damage by 25%

TLDR, give the difficulty of trying to macro a rogue is in the first place ive done my best to find the happy medium with what tools i have. and may require adjustment your end to suit your needs,

like replace one of the Evicerates in the sequence with another rupture, and so forth.

3 Likes

thanks bud im all praise for your macros it’s the best ive tried. probably there are things that i jsut dont know yet. what ms is supposed to be for here?